Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2016, 05:26 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times

Advertisements

I saw a news report where they interviewed a guy with this group who left his wife and children behind to support this group and is prepared to die for their cause and I am thinking to myself, what a freaking moron. His wife should divorce this loser who is willing to dump his kids to support some criminals.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:49 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,413,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
From a yahoo comment but I agree:

100s of black people without guns take to the streets and the government calls in reinforcements like the National Guard, has armed cavalry stationed at intersections, even rolls out the MRAPs, and gets the jacked up ex-military units ready to rumble.

100s of white people with visible firearms threaten the government and take over part of the governmental buildings and the government sits back and twiddles their thumbs.

Yeah, this ranching issue may not be about race, but it surely is about race.
Not a single person has been assaulted, not a single piece of private property has been damaged... yea real comparable.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:52 PM

1,069 posts, read 712,308 times
Quote:

100s of black people without guns take to the streets and the government calls in reinforcements like the National Guard, has armed cavalry stationed at intersections, even rolls out the MRAPs, and gets the jacked up ex-military units ready to rumble.

100s of white people with visible firearms threaten the government and take over part of the governmental buildings and the government sits back and twiddles their thumbs.

Playing that race card never gets old, does it

Old 01-04-2016, 06:11 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00
This will end the same way Ruby Ridge and WACO did.
Hmm most likely yes!

Old 01-04-2016, 06:14 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Interesting tidbit about Ammon Bundy the 'brains' behind this fiasco. It seems he hates the Government except when he needs a loan :

Ammon Bundy runs a Phoenix-based company called Valet Fleet Services LLC, which specializes in repairing and maintaining fleets of semitrucks throughout Arizona. On April 15, 2010—Tax Day, as it happens—Bundy's business borrowed $530,000 through a Small Business Administration loan guarantee program. The available public record does not indicate what the loan was used for or whether it was repaid. The SBA website notes that this loan guarantee was issued under a program "to aid small businesses which are unable to obtain financing in the private credit marketplace." The government estimated that this subsidy could cost taxpayers $22,419. Bundy did not respond to an email request for comment about the SBA loan. How the Leader of the Oregon Armed Protest Benefited From a Federal Loan Program | Mother Jones

Old 01-04-2016, 06:48 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:

This
You should of seen Ronald Reagan's face when the Black Panthers were sticking up for their second amendment rights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTs0Q0ayYiM

Old 01-04-2016, 06:59 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,390,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmockingbird View Post

BuzzFeed NewsVerified account
‏@BuzzFeedNews
Sheriff to Militia: "The Hammonds have turned themselves in. It is time for you to leave...end this peacefully."

Soooo? Should we all just go take up lodging in some federal building, then after a few days the Sheriff will just nicely ask us to please go home?
Good grief, that Sheriff probably has all of what, about five deputies? He has stated from hour one, day one that the militia rabble is not welcome. Now, he is telling them that their stated cause for occupying the building is a moot point. The occupied buildings are on federal land anyways.

What more do you want him to do?

Last edited by Cryptic; 01-04-2016 at 07:17 PM..

Old 01-04-2016, 07:07 PM

497 posts, read 428,090 times
One of the leaders of the group (Jon Ritzheimer) standing up for patriotic American values:

Old 01-04-2016, 07:16 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarTheGrouch View Post
One of the leaders of the group (Jon Ritzheimer) standing up for patriotic American values:
Dude is a jamoke

Old 01-04-2016, 07:21 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
I've read several pages but not all. Someone may have posted this but I didn't see it. I had no idea anyone was LDS in this group. But notice how rapidly the LDS church says "No. This is their interpretation of scriptures, not the church." and condemned their actions.

LDS Church condemns Militia takeover of Oregon federal building | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KUTV

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies