Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2016, 07:26 PM

29,451 posts, read 22,399,288 times

Advertisements

Why aren't more Americans speaking out against these clowns, that they don't represent American values, etc. etc. etc.

Why aren't 'legit militas' speaking out?

Know what I'm getting at?

Old 01-04-2016, 07:28 PM

1,208 posts, read 1,413,359 times
What You Need To Know About The Oregon Militia Standoff - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 01-04-2016, 07:40 PM

7,573 posts, read 5,291,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Now this is f***d. Your advocating for the execution of peaceful protesters? No wonder they are armed.
Actually no, just tired of certain arguments. I regret the post, but not the sentiment implied regarding folks who look to provoke armed confrontations.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:55 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,146,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Why aren't more Americans speaking out against these clowns, that they don't represent American values, etc. etc. etc.

I see what you did there.

Pretty quiet from the usual suspects that are the first, next and last to criticize BLM for "taking extreme measures of protest to defend criminals".

Old 01-04-2016, 09:39 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,859,291 times
I'll bet that the odds are pretty high that some of these occupiers are drawing some form of "govt assistance". They often refer to govt employees as "jack-booted thugs", and yet these guys typically dress up in black army boots, are heavily armed, and often have neo-Nazi opinions about a number of subjects. The irony is incredible..

Old 01-04-2016, 11:30 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,664,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Well, when my three year old grandkid gets his nose out of joint, and started kicking and screaming, his mom just kinda sits down on the couch and watches him, with no judgement, or any reaction, and waits for him to finish. When he realizes it's really not getting him anywhere, he settles down and goes on about his business.

Anything we do in reaction to their antics will just encourage them.

Ignore them and these guys will get bored pretty soon, and go home.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:41 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,043,170 times
This is the PERFECT example of white privelidge.

If they were brown or black, they would be dead by now.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:00 AM

29,183 posts, read 22,202,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
This will end the same way Ruby Ridge and WACO did.
No it won't. There have been many other instances of stand-offs since then, and patience proved to be a better tactic, as all the later stand-offs surrendered eventually. There were several later instances that followed Waco and Ruby Ridge in the late 90s that ended this way. Some of perps are still in prison.

In this case, there isn't even a need for a barricade, as the visitor's center is some distance away from the town of Burns. No one needs to even get close to it, and because this is the time of year when there are no birds to be seen, there's no reason to go there.

Ammon Bundy may have sworn he will occupy peacefully for as long as it takes, even if it takes years, but one of the Bundy Bunch has already tweeted a call for snacks. He asked them to be delivered to the local Post Office.

Uh, huh. As if anyone is stupid enough to deliver them and get stuck out there in the cold for the duration.

This is a very cold winter out here, folks, and the Bundy Bunch has put themselves into a very vulnerable position. With every day that passes, their supplies will run out more and their vehicles will be harder to start. If there's a call for snacks 2 days later, Bundy's claim of preparation must not be as good as he claims it was. A night that hits ten below gets mighty long when there's no heat or electric power.

And apparently, the visitor's center has no vending machines, poor babies.

I'm pretty sure some of them already split in the middle of the night while the getting out was still good.

The feds will simply wait them out at a far distance, and get all their cell phone addresses and any other electronic addresses, and then go track them down after they give it up.
If they don't trash the place, the only things they can be charged with are misdemeanors, but even a misdemeanor can send a convicted felon back to prison. For those who aren't felons, getting slapped with a big fine will be painful, and having a misdemeanor record tag won't help them any either.

My guess is the dumbest of them will last 2 weeks. And then they'll all have to bum some money to go back home again, sadder but a bit wiser. And the Bundys won't be their darlings anymore.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:27 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,094,635 times

Pitt Griffin ‏@pittgriffin 15h15 hours ago
#Malheur #Oregonstandoff

“We’re not terrorists; we just want what any true patriot wants: to take down the USA.”

Old 01-05-2016, 03:36 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,094,635 times
Derek Tube ‏@WayOfThePasta 1h1 hour ago

Oregon siege: Willing to die for a cause, but will surrender for a bag of cheetos.

#Oregonstandoff #committed #OregonMilitia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies