Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 09:45 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma83 View Post
To defend our property from a home invasion...don't see why it needs to be a wet dream...Only in a ******* state its impossible but not in Oklahoma.
So now you think that some kid ringing a doorbell and running away is "home invasion"?

I think we're done here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 09:46 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So now you think that some kid ringing a doorbell and running away is "home invasion"?

I think we're done here.
None of us know if that is what he was doing.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:46 AM

461 posts, read 333,066 times
As someone posted in the comments on an article about this. Funny how this was ONLY a ding dong ditch but the homeowner had enough time to GET UP,GET DRESSED and GET ARMED AND open his door to defend himself.....its not adding up. This little thug and his friends were up to no good.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

I think we're done here.
You were done long ago you just didn't realize it. Don't take ABSOLUTES when so much is unknown. Why would the HOMEOWNER call 911 to report a home invasion? Why did the home owner have time to wake up,get dressed AND grab his weapon and open fire if it was a ding dong ditch? Makes no sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
None of us know if that is what he was doing.
Exactly.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:53 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma83 View Post
As someone posted in the comments on an article about this. Funny how this was ONLY a ding dong ditch but the homeowner had enough time to GET UP,GET DRESSED and GET ARMED AND open his door to defend himself.....its not adding up. This little thug and his friends were up to no good.
According to this report they rang his door bell earlier and were walking back past the same house later that night. The home owner was waiting for them.

"Cole’s mom told reporters that the boys rang the doorbell earlier in the night and were on their way home when the boys walked past the house again and the shooting started.

Cole told his mom the man yelled, “Hey,” then shot him in the back, to which he yelled to his friends, “Run!” CBS reported.

Cole Peyton, Oklahoma teen, shot in the back while 'ding-dong-ditching' - Washington Times

Old 01-03-2016, 09:58 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
14 year old out at 1:30 am and no one is asking where the parents were in this story?
Should he have been shot? I don't know, because I don't know the whole story. Just because the kids say they weren't doing anything wrong doesn't make it so. Also the link says that they may have been playing the ding dong game. It isn't a statement of fact.
1:30 am bad things happen. Predators lurk and I mean the human kind. That boy is in the hospital because of his own actions and lack of parental guidance.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
According to this report they rang his door bell earlier and were walking back past the same house later that night. The home owner was waiting for them.

"Cole’s mom told reporters that the boys rang the doorbell earlier in the night and were on their way home when the boys walked past the house again and the shooting started.

Cole told his mom the man yelled, “Hey,” then shot him in the back, to which he yelled to his friends, “Run!” CBS reported.

Cole Peyton, Oklahoma teen, shot in the back while 'ding-dong-ditching' - Washington Times
Oh now that's believable! That kid needs to become a better liar for sure.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:15 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post

Sounds premeditated. He was pranked earlier in the day and was lying in wait for the kids to pass again. But yeah, according to the OP, the guy was totally justified. Being pranked is definitely justification to shoot teenagers.

Geesh, I played this game a few times when I was a stupid teenager, too. But in those days being a stupid teenager wasn't cause to be shot. In today's world, anything once deemed harmless can get you killed by one of these morons with a gun.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:16 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
That boy is in the hospital because of his own actions and lack of parental guidance.
And, because someone shot him.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:25 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
And, because someone shot him.
He wouldn't have been shot if:
1. He was home where he belonged.
2. He wasn't harassing people. (That's assuming his story is even a little true)
3. He had parents that had any positive influence or control over him.
If the shooter is charged and it is determined that it was an ambush I will be among the first to condemn the shooter.
I think it just as likely that those teens were up to more than ringing door bells. As a parent who has heard enough BS excuses from his own son, I smell BS in this kid's story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies