Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 12:18 AM

1,676 posts, read 945,326 times

Advertisements

Because historical context has to do with the conflict. Maybe if you knew more about it, you'd see things from a different point of view---the right one, not just the politically-correct, Muslims-are-always-right-and-victimized liberal dogma that you've been fed by MSNBC and Salon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 12:22 AM

552 posts, read 313,980 times
Both the Israelites and Palestinians are violent. Let those arch-enemies kill each other.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:23 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
The Jews are the "Native Americans" of Israel. It's the Arabs who left their land--Arabia--and expanded across North Africa & the Middle East, slaughtering all others until the rest eventually converted to Islam. They did the same in parts of Asia.

With your logic, perhaps the Arab Egyptians should leave Egypt to the Black people who inhabited it first and return to Saudi Arabia.
People migrate. There comes a time we just need to start getting along and living together peacefully.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:24 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
They can consider it all they want. Doesn't make it so. I can consider, with a few other Americans, that part of Moscow belongs to the United States. Doesn't mean that it is, that Russia will see it that way, or that it will be given to us.

As for Kurdistan, they, too, are under occupation--by Arabs, Turks and Persians. Why aren't you whining about that? Especially since they act like civilized people, unlike those who occupy them. Arbil looks in much better shape than Damascus or Baghdad.
Quote:
Of course not--because what they want and what they ask for is that no Jew lives anywhere, be it in Israel or in their "territories" or beyond.
Quote:
And this is where the anti-Semitism comes in

Jews are MIDDLE EASTERN PEOPLE!!!! If ANYONE belongs there, it's us! There's genetic, biblical, and archaeological proof that Israel is the land of the Jews. Even the Koran says so! Everyone in Europe hunted us down, expelled us, persecuted us, and killed us BECAUSE we weren't European, we were Middle Eastern. They told us to leave, go back home---and we did. To Israel. And now people like you are proving exactly why there needs to be an Israel, a home for the Jews--beacuse of rising anti-Semitism from Western liberals, who for some strange reason side with Muslims who think the exact opposite as liberals do in terms of values.

And America has never been a "guard dog" for Israel. They condemn it for defending itself against Hamas. They condemn it for annexing the Golan even when Syria no longer exists as a state, and the only alternative is for it to belong to ISIS or Iran. They condemn it even for bombing nuclear sites in Syria (2007) and Iraq (1981). Israel is its own guard dog. If America is a guard dog for anyone, it's the Muslims in Saudi Arabia and Iran.
Well Kurdistan is a different topic, but that too I believe they are entitled to their own country that reflects the land they live on. I fully support the creation of Kurdistan and would rather see the US help a country like that than Israel.

By that idea, then I guess Christians are Middle Eastern people too. I personally think the Jews should have been given a chunk of Germany rather than a slice of land in a completely different region. It was the Germans that lost the war, not the Middle East. Well it appears the Jews have done a poor job making good neighbors with their fellow Middle Easterners, which makes me feel like they have gotten tired of Europe bossing around the region and telling them what the must and must not accept.

Well this liberal is tired of having to be the guard dog for Israel, if they belong there so much, then they should take care of themselves. And if you think they don't rely on the US for help, then I guess we no longer need to funnel money into their country.....maybe we should give them a $121 billion dollar bill for all the money we have given them to date....
U.S. foreign aid to Israel: 2014 congressional report - Journalist's Resource Journalist's Resource

It is hard for you to say Israel doesn't need the help of the US when they are literally funding their military with US tax dollars.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Because historical context has to do with the conflict. Maybe if you knew more about it, you'd see things from a different point of view---the right one, not just the politically-correct, Muslims-are-always-right-and-victimized liberal dogma that you've been fed by MSNBC and Salon.
Well I know it is no longer 1913, and that opinions and people can change. This isn't about being "politically correct," this is about finally addressing the issue rather than trying to sugar coat everything and then just kick the can down the road.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
People migrate. There comes a time we just need to start getting along and living together peacefully.
If people are demonstrably incompatible, why?

Old 01-05-2016, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well I know it is no longer 1913, and that opinions and people can change. This isn't about being "politically correct," this is about finally addressing the issue rather than trying to sugar coat everything and then just kick the can down the road.
Politically correct MSNBC and Salon were not around in 1913.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
Politically correct MSNBC and Salon were not around in 1913.
Thanks, I think we all are aware of that fact....did you know Fox News didn't exist then either.....neither did television.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Thanks, I think we all are aware of that fact....did you know Fox News didn't exist then either.....neither did television.
Neither did the politically correct networks: NBC, ABC, and CBS. "Oh, what a wonderful world it could be". The federal reserve started in 1913, and that is enough of a black mark.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
Neither did the politically correct networks: NBC, ABC, and CBS.
Yes, I think we all figured that out when I stated television didn't exist in 1913. Any other "smart" posts you would like to add before I add you to my ignore list?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies