Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 03:20 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Exactly...

I remember when my compatriots were calling for Bush's impeachment over Iraq, and called them every name in the book for advocating such nonsense despite my personal and extreme opposition to the war. I didn't/don't buy into the Bush lies high crimes and misdemeanor argument. Would I argue that the Bush administration "cooked the books," "cherry picked the intelligence" or rhetorically shout Bush lied, I might but I would never argue that whatever you called it rose to the level of an impeachable offense. As far as I could tell it was nothing more than a tit for tat argument. You impeached Clinton for lying, so now we'll argue that Bush should be impeached... naw. Most of the arguments then and now can be reduced to you did it to my guy, I'm going to do it to yours.
"I remember when my compatriots were calling for Bush's impeachment over Iraq," And they NEVER mention that the top dems in Congress supported his actions.

The Senate Majority Leader, a DEM co-sponsored the bill giving Bush the authority to "whateever he deemed necessary".

And we know, by the way harry reid ran the Senate, that if the SML does NOT want a bill passed, he can Kill IT.

Even the dem House Minority Leader co-sponsored the House version of the bill.

Hell, your "compatriots" probalyu voted FOR ALL of the dems in question. MOST will probably vote for hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 03:31 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What the Hell is wrong with America? Why can't we elect anyone good?

Nobody good runs.
About right. I really wish we could take a little bit from each candidate and create a great candidate. I really cringe at the thought of Hillary being POTUS. Trump, he's too much of a hot head.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:31 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
What the Hell is wrong with America? Why can't we elect anyone good?

Currently, part of the problem is a very arrogant president who doesn't seem to interpret what the voters told him in November of 2014. When you have such a person in the Whitehouse, who is set on his OWN agenda, and doesn't want to work with both houses of Congress, then you got a problem, which might explain why nothing is getting done, except whatever Obama wants done by his own executive orders, which have done nothing but ruin many facets of our country..

Old 01-07-2016, 06:36 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,325,755 times
because the Rothschilds that run the world have orchestrated it so you get to choose between a turd sandwich and giant douche

yet nobody goes after the real leaders (owners) of this world... they simply continue to blame the puppets (aka governments)

Old 01-07-2016, 06:38 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,596,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
because the Rothschilds that run the world have orchestrated it so you get to choose between a turd sandwich and giant douche

yet nobody goes after the real leaders (owners) of this world... they simply continue to blame the puppets (aka governments)
Don't even get me started about the Federal Reserve.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:44 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
A so called good guy or gal would unite Congress, against him or her and accomplish nothing.

Ron Paul served a total of 11 terms and sponsored 620 bills. Only 4 made it to the House Floor for a vote and only 1 became law, the sale of a customs house in Galveston, Texas.

He chose to stand up for his personal crusades rather than build coalitions to achieve anything.
Kind of hard to build a coalition with people who purchase lies and sell 'em as the truth. Ron Paul gives the truth out for free ... no one's buying it. They presented Ron Paul as crazy; people bought it.

The reason America can not elect any one good, is because what we see is that which was raised up from American citizenry over the last 50 years. America changed and that that we have to run for president, is the end result of our social construct.

We're in to deep to change back now.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:37 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
Oh please! The Rotchschild money has been so diluted over the generation its amazing that they can still put out a decent bottle of wine let alone run the world! The richest extant richest Rothchild is 34 year old Nat Rothchild who while £500 million. The dude can't even hang with J.K. Rollings.

There are some big fish out their most of who can't agree when it comes to ordering lunch much less agreeing on how to "rule the world."

Old 01-08-2016, 11:20 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
We did elect someone very good. Twice. Very recently, too.
Who?

Old 01-08-2016, 05:20 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,158,739 times
Republicans make sure the idiotic relics of our voting system remain in place so they can cheat their way into office. They want to continue letting parties draw their own Congressional district lines, keep our backwards Electoral College and keep out runoff elections. They know any significant reform would doom their party forever.

Old 01-08-2016, 05:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
So many good candidates have run! Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Gary Johnson, Pat Buchanan, Bob Barr, Ross Perot, ....

Oh yea, but these guys are "fringe". Or we have other good reasons not to elect them, like that they're not tall enough (in the case of Ross Perot and Rand Paul).

Enjoy your continued slavery in this joke of a country. My gosh.

Looks like we're committed to bringing the Clintons back in the White House. Might as well put fraternity letters up on the White House, since they basically treat it like a frat house.
I voted for Gary Johnson multiple times. Plan on voting for him again in 2016.

The D's and R's at the fed level are corrupt to the bone and financially bought out by bigger interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies