Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 12:59 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Obama said dangerous people can buy whatever gun they want on the internet with no ID or background check. This man straight up lied and the Lefties believe him. lmao.

They fell for the old "if you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan," too. Some people are incapable of learning from history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 01:00 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
How can anyone know that? No one is keeping a record of what guns were sold to whom at those shows.
" No one is keeping a record"

Actually records ARE kept. That is why they have serial numbers on them.

Say I bought a gun at a gun store. The owner has to keep a record of who he sold the gun to.

If I sell that gun, I gave to have and keep a record of who I sold it to and so on.

The ownership can be traced for the manufacture all the way to the last sale.

That is why criminals try to destroy the serial numbers.

If that gun is used in a crime the serial number trail had better be traceable.

If it is stolen the the current owner had better report it.

If you sold it to Fred and he does NOT have who he sold it to, he is in big trouble.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:01 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Of course not, because you won't admit automobiles are more deadly than guns and Obama acted on the wrong issue today. If Obama REALLY cared about "Oh... the children, (fake) tear, tear, sniff..."
Yes, blah, blah, blah.

This is a thread about guns, not cars.

You still, I will not say won't, I'll say you can't answer my question.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
What I find is hilarious is that if the "other party" does an executive order its some crazy violation. If your guy does it, you don't care. I mean Obama is still way behind GWB and Clinton on these orders.

Regardless, this is an interpretation change of a current on the books law. . . I'm pretty sure the administration feels they are covered. . .it certainly isn't a new law.

If you don't want to bury your head in the sand and hate everythign "the other guy does" and actually be informed, this article lays out the odds.
Will Obama's gun moves face a legal challenge? - CNNPolitics.com
"What I find is hilarious" What is hilarious is you conflate the number of EO's to the CONTENT of those EO's.

And CNN? Please, don't insult us.
BIG difference. But, I think you know that. Or at LEAST I THINK you do.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Obama has given congress 2 1/2 yrs to come up with a gun control bill and they have come up with jack time is up something need to be done. NRA loves mass shooting after one happens they can fear monger the publican and there will be a increase in gun sales for 2 to 4 weeks after a big mass shooting There is no reason some need 5 to 15 guns 1 hand gun for home protection is enough and you do not need to take it everywhere you go like the park or doctor office

Why do you get to decide what someone else "needs." OR what constitutes "enough" when it comes to home and personal protection?

The NRA is supported by mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, grandmas, sisters, etc., so your statement regarding the NRA is both offensive and nonsensical at the same time. In other words, typical liberal illogic.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Not true. I don't know about Holmes, but Adam Lanza stole his mother's guns. He did not go through a background check.

Wow, a stolen gun was used in a criminal act. Thank God, Obama's unilateral law making will end people stealing guns to commit crimes! Does the irony of your remarks make your head hurt?

Old 01-05-2016, 01:10 PM

189 posts, read 361,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I'm not an NRA member BOB, but this thread isn't about the NRA BOB. It's about presidential overreach of authority with regards to the 2nd amendment. You seem to be obsessed with the manhood of other men. Me thinks ye complains too much...

BOB has always been like that, leave him alone!

Old 01-05-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
My question had nothing to do with automobiles.

My question was 'do you think that legally insane people or people with violent criminal backgrounds should be able to obtain weapons'.

You didn't answer that.
There are already laws on the books to address that situation. And violent criminals and insane people will continue to obtain weapons the same way they always have. ILLEGALLY! D'oh!

Old 01-05-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Obama just wants to stop the stupid people from killing one another.

You know who you are the people against mandatory background checks.
"Obama just wants to stop the stupid people from killing one another."
If that was the case he would be going after all the gang/drug killings going on in many inner cities

Wouldn't he?

Instead, he goes after the LAW ABIDING citizens.

Please give in detail how one thing he wants to do will have 1 iota of an affect on the inner ckity killings.

We WILL be waiting for your concise explanation.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:15 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Wow, a stolen gun was used in a criminal act. Thank God, Obama's unilateral law making will end people stealing guns to commit crimes! Does the irony of your remarks make your head hurt?
I know it's hard for you to understand, but I was rebutting a poster who stated that Adam Lanza went through background checks.

I am merely stating that he did not.

Continuity is everything in threads like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies