Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2016, 07:10 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty
Obama's 25+ gun-related EOs have done nothing to reduce gun violence...
How do you know that? Do you have a crystal ball that tells you what would have happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 07:17 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
How do you know that? Do you have a crystal ball that tells you what would have happened?
How do we know that? Obama is attempting to stifle all Americans' 2nd Amendment Rights, instead of admitting and addressing the problem. Guess why? :

http://www.newsweek.com/gun-deaths-u...casians-273071

Old 01-08-2016, 07:21 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,273,248 times
OMG... OK OK the gum is juicy fruit you want a piece or not? hahahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How do we know that? Obama is attempting to stifle all Americans' 2nd Amendment Rights, instead of admitting and addressing the problem. Guess why? :

Old 01-08-2016, 07:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Its funny that the EO's do not affect my gun ownership in any way. They do not stop me from purchasing another Rifle if I feel so inclined. They do not take away the Rifle I own now.

The GOP and NRA are looking at any issue to make people think they have lost "rights". Can not believe the number of people who have fallen into their propaganda.
Their credibility is gone. They raved for a week claiming they are coming to take our rights away, when they had no idea what the measures were going to be about.

I am still an NRA member, but I have told them to stop calling me with their political nonsense. I don't' want to hear it anymore, because I know they are not telling me the truth.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:26 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
OMG... OK OK the gum is juicy fruit you want a piece or not? hahahahaha
If one is attempting to address a problem, why not admit what the problem is...?

Quote:
"Results found that 6 percent of a high-risk, high-crime African-American community in Chicago was involved in 70 percent of the gun-related murders. Additionally, those within that 6 percent had a staggering 900 percent greater chance of being a victim of gun violence than an outsider, and 98 percent of Chicago gangs were linked to the homicide ring examined by researchers."
http://www.newsweek.com/gun-deaths-u...casians-273071

Old 01-08-2016, 07:29 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,273,248 times
Smart Man ..now just stop sending them dues to support those delusional agendas in DC..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Their credibility is gone. They raved for a week claiming they are coming to take our rights away, when they had no idea what the measures were going to be about.

I am still an NRA member, but I have told them to stop calling me with their political nonsense. I don't' want to hear it anymore, because I know they are not telling me the truth.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Government intrusion, into the right to keep & bear arms. Infringing on the right to keep & bear arms, by government control of arms distribution. Something they were never intended to have any say so, or it would be government more powerful than the people.

He with the bigger gun, holds all the power.

We The People, gave them the Government a little power and they immediately took more and more.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:31 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Not illegally. I have a conceal carry permit. But nice deflection. Can you answer a question for me? Do you believe that we are innocent until proven guilty in this country?

If the city of Chicago could not provide safety for it's citizens then, citizens have to ensure their own safety.

Case in point City of Chicago vs McDonald SCOTUS

No, I never said that. I have nothing against background checks. Though I believe that the Framers intended an regulations of arms to be carried out by the States and NOT the Federal government since the intent of the Second Amendment was to limit the power of the Federal government as clearly illustrated here.

I said that laws that strip citizens of their Constitutional rights without due process are unconstitutional, which is what the DHS terrorist watch list would have done.
I find it amusing that there was very little controversy surrounding the Terror Watch List until they proposed restricting guns.

Prevent someone from flying on a plane because of TWL circumventing due process - no problem.
Prevent someone on the TWL from owning a gun - now you have gone too far.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:37 AM

29,522 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I find it amusing that there was very little controversy surrounding the Terror Watch List until they proposed restricting guns.
And I find it amusing that liberal minded forumers are so quick to restrict a citizens Constitutional right without due process of law. Then again, most probably feel that the Second Amendment shouldn't be a right that citizens should have to begin with.

Quote:
Prevent someone from flying on a plane because of TWL circumventing due process - no problem.
Again, flying on a plane is not a Constitutional right is it? Are you suggesting airlines do not have the right to restrict you from flying if they feel that you will be a disturbance on a plane?

Are you ok with taking away a citizen's Constitutional right without due process? Yes or No?

And actually there was controversy surrounding the terror watch list, well before the White House and the DHS came up with the watch list Second Amendment ban.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

Plane travel is not in the Bill of Rights, Einstein!

Read the second amendment. The entire sentence. It is powerful. So powerful, it makes us the people, more powerful than government and the whole intent of it in the Constitution.
Do you people learn anything in history and the intent of the entire Constitution?

The Constitution was created before Government, in order to allow a government to even exist.
Rules on Government and now you have government going around the document and changing the rules placed upon them, at will when they want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies