Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2016, 06:28 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Again, THE NRA DOES NOT SELL GUNS!
You cannot reason with ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 06:46 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Really?

I thought the lesson to be learned from Sandy Hook was that gun free zones massively increase the number of casualties a shooter can inflict before someone else shows up with a fire arm to stop them.

In fact, that`s pretty much the lesson to be taken away from every mass shooting where the unarmed who obey the law are mowed down by the armed who don`t obey the law.

Gun laws don`t work.
Obama's new (unlawful) restrictions are aimed at the wrong people: Law abiding citizens. He is trying to prevent law abiding citizens from obtaining the protection they desire in an increasingly more dangerous world, made more dangerous largely because of his policies and incompetence. Terrorism under Obama has increased, and America is more likely to be attacked (and has been attacked) because of his ineptitude, resulting in Muslim terrorism here at home.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:33 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
planned parenthood probably kills more people than nra members.

Nra is about protecting life, and freedom, and promoting gun safety and education. You are misguided.
really????

Old 01-07-2016, 07:43 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
really????
yes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...le_Association

Old 01-07-2016, 07:46 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
Then maybe it's time for you to train and arm yourself to be able to defend yourself and your loved ones should the nutcases ever strike at you. You can either defend yourself or you can't. That's neither sad nor frightening, it's just a matter of fact of the world we live in.
Since my family is scattered across the world.............how do you propose I can protect them with my big bad gun???? I just think more needs to be done. Loopholes, closed. People with mental problems helped.
What's wrong with starting somewhere? And why do people need an arsenal of weapons in their homes?

Parents need to be more vigilant with their kids. Check out their bedrooms, check basements, garages, outbuildings.................why do we keep hiding our heads in the sand?

How tragic, but true are your words. "A matter of fact of the world we live in?"

Old 01-07-2016, 07:56 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Quote:
why do we keep hiding our heads in the sand?
A counter question. Why do "we" keep trying to create laws that have no effect on the problem?

Old 01-07-2016, 08:33 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Since my family is scattered across the world.............how do you propose I can protect them with my big bad gun???? I just think more needs to be done. Loopholes, closed. People with mental problems helped.
What's wrong with starting somewhere? And why do people need an arsenal of weapons in their homes?

Parents need to be more vigilant with their kids. Check out their bedrooms, check basements, garages, outbuildings.................why do we keep hiding our heads in the sand?

How tragic, but true are your words. "A matter of fact of the world we live in?"
" And why do people need an arsenal of weapons in their homes?"

Nothing personal and I do NOT mean to attack you but, how many TV's are in your home?

How many clocks do you have?

How many electric outlets do you have? Maybe you should only be allowed to have one?

People collect all sorts of things, cards, stamps, art, etc., Should they be banned.

There as many different types of guns as there are motor vehicles. Different types of guns, just as different types motor vehicles are for different types of circumstances.

Questions like yours ONLY shows your ignorance on the subject of guns and looks as though you base your opinions based on your own emotions and fears rather then knowledge of the subject.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:34 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
What you just said is an oxymoron. If they "took a stand" on banning what you call assault weapons, they wouldn't be protecting our rights, because we have a right to buy what you call an assault weapon.

In other words, you have no idea what an "assault weapon" is.... You just heard some talking head on MSNBC use that scary term and decided you wanted them to be banned.
People have too many rights when it comes to buying guns. You can get as mad as you want to, but that's what I believe. Let's see if you are capable of responding without anger or sarcasm or putdowns?

Old 01-07-2016, 09:23 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
"Since my family is scattered across the world.............how do you propose I can protect them with my big bad gun????"

lol Are you physically with your loved ones 24/7 to protect them with your gun? Hey, Mr. Burglar, please wait until I am home from work to break into my home? I will be away on a business trip from July 1st to July 15th. Those days are out too since I won't be home to protect my loved ones with my gun.

What do I tell my own loved one in those instances? Lock up your gun so Mr. Burglar doesn't break in and shoot ME with YOUR gun.

Being a non-gun owner in a gun household you gotta prepare for ALL possibilities.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:27 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,414,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
"Since my family is scattered across the world.............how do you propose I can protect them with my big bad gun????"

lol Are you physically with your loved ones 24/7 to protect them with your gun? Hey, Mr. Burglar, please wait until I am home from work to break into my home? I will be away on a business trip from July 1st to July 15th. Those days are out too since I won't be home to protect my loved ones with my gun.

What do I tell my own loved one in those instances? Lock up your gun so Mr. Burglar doesn't break in and shoot ME with YOUR gun.

Being a non-gun owner in a gun household you gotta prepare for ALL possibilities.
Fortunately for me my significant other is more than competent with a firearm.

All of mygusn not on my person locked up or immediately nearby, but if you think a mid range quality gun safe will keep a determined person out for more than 5 minutes you dont know what you are talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ViUdd-2LM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies