Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2016, 07:32 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
[/b]

yes and I have weapons and mentality of a 16 yr old-NRA for umteen years---- finish the sentence---

-- go watch NRA latest ad and interview--- God love my military- hubby died with full honors-- but that SEAL has PTSD and debunked his whole AD all by himself- --- read the fine print on the law---

Sorry to hear about your condition. I understand there are medical breakthroughs just around the corner that might help with your low IQ affliction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 07:42 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Learning so much about the NRA. Almost sounds like a brain washing, cult. The main focus of the NRA should be gun safety and education, why not close loopholes at gun shows, on the internet, no fly lists. The "victims," you all keep talking about are people, not targets at a shooting range.

Owning and keeping guns locked away from children and the mentally ill, should be a no brainer.

Where is the NRA gun owner's responsibility? Where is the empathy for human lives? Why do you need an assault rifle to hunt?

The deer just walk right up to me, with their big brown eyes. Do you need to shoot them to pieces? Don't tell me it's for food. Oh yeah, you need their beautiful heads over your mantel. Trophy's?

This post sums up why nobody can take anti-gun people seriously. This person doesn't even have a clue to how uninformed they are.

Go to a dealer at a gun show and try to buy a gun without a background check, or try to buy a gun on the internet. Go try it and then get back to us with how it went.

Old 01-10-2016, 07:45 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And here they are making a very good salary off of people like you. So you can't get worked up yourself, you need the nra to do it for you
"And here they are making a very good salary off of people like you"

I have NO problem with that.

To me, they are worth EVER PENNY the earn. Hint, I said EARN.

You act as if there are NO liberal organizations that have lobbyists.

Either you are VERY naive or, well I won't say.

Old 01-10-2016, 07:53 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Learning so much about the NRA. Almost sounds like a brain washing, cult. The main focus of the NRA should be gun safety and education, why not close loopholes at gun shows, on the internet, no fly lists. The "victims," you all keep talking about are people, not targets at a shooting range.

Owning and keeping guns locked away from children and the mentally ill, should be a no brainer.

Where is the NRA gun owner's responsibility? Where is the empathy for human lives? Why do you need an assault rifle to hunt?

The deer just walk right up to me, with their big brown eyes. Do you need to shoot them to pieces? Don't tell me it's for food. Oh yeah, you need their beautiful heads over your mantel. Trophy's?
" The main focus of the NRA should be gun safety and education,"

In reality it is NOT the main focus but, kit is a very important one.

The MAIN focus is to make sure people like you DON'T get to pass anymore useless "gun control"
laws.

Maybe if people like you spent MORE time ACTUALLY LEARNING about the NRA, they wouldn't makes such ignorant statements.

"
Does your child know what to do if he or she finds a gun?

"The Eddie Eagle GunSafe® program is a gun accident prevention program that seeks to help parents, law enforcement, community groups and educators navigate a topic paramount to our children’s safety. Eddie and his Wing Team are on a mission to help you teach Pre-K through 4th graders what to do if they ever come across a gun…"

"https://eddieeagle.nra.org/

Old 01-10-2016, 08:07 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
This post sums up why nobody can take anti-gun people seriously. This person doesn't even have a clue to how uninformed they are.

Go to a dealer at a gun show and try to buy a gun without a background check, or try to buy a gun on the internet. Go try it and then get back to us with how it went.
"This person," is not "anti-gun," just want some restraints on the buying and selling and madness of passing guns around, like watermelon and beer on a hot summer day.

Once again, the bully pulpit. We can't have a grown up discussion about the huge problem that is in our country? That is why I can't stand Donald Trump, just acts like a 6th grade bully. You don't know me and I don't give a hoot about your putting me down. Guess what? I also have a Constitutional right to speak, come on, we are all on this planet, together.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:40 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
"This person," is not "anti-gun," just want some restraints on the buying and selling and madness of passing guns around, like watermelon and beer on a hot summer day.

Once again, the bully pulpit. We can't have a grown up discussion about the huge problem that is in our country? That is why I can't stand Donald Trump, just acts like a 6th grade bully. You don't know me and I don't give a hoot about your putting me down. Guess what? I also have a Constitutional right to speak, come on, we are all on this planet, together.
Well you can't have a grown up discussion when the people with the opposing viewpoint are completely misinformed. It's downright childish to call someone a bully for simply pointing out that you are misinformed. You can take this as an insult, or you can take it as an opportunity to educate yourself on this issue.

I've rarely seen an anti-gun person that has even the most rudimentary understand of firearms, firearm regulations, or crime statistics. They are so ignorant that they couldn't make any credible argument for, or against private firearm ownership.

So I'm sorry that I'm not more cordial with you, but I have little patience for people that are so ignorant that they don't even understand how misinformed they are, then insisting that they know what the solutions is to the given issue.

Last edited by stburr91; 01-10-2016 at 08:56 AM..

Old 01-10-2016, 08:50 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:

No you don't have a constitutional right to speak, do you know anything about the Constitution? The 1st amendment limits GOVERNMENT, it doesn't require any private person or business to allow you to voice your opinion or require anyone to listen to it. If City Data wanted to delete your posts and ban you they have every right to do so.

You continue to prove over and over that you know absolutely nothing on the topic, you refuse to educate yourself or listen when the facts are explained to you and you wonder why you can't have a 'grown up discussion'? Try acting like a grown up and learn something before repeatedly spewing your uninformed opinion.

You obviously have no idea what the current laws are if you "just want some restraints on the buying and selling and madness of passing guns around, like watermelon and beer on a hot summer day." and still think you're not anti gun.

You believe everything you see on Huffington, MSNBC or CNN but haven't ever actually looked at any real studies for who is committing 'gun crimes', who the victims are, where they get their guns, what the laws actually are and how they're enforced (or not), what the crime rates are and if they're going up or down and on and on. All of this has been explained to you in this and other threads and 25 pages later you still cling to this fantasy that there are no limits on who can buy firearms as if they're as easy to buy as a hamburger.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:14 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Default Paragunoia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The amount of money the NRA gives to congress is chump change compared to what is given by other industries.

The NRA is powerful because its members vote. The NRA is the second largest membership organization in America after the AARP and the largest paid membership organization.

If anti gun democrats stopped talking about gun control then people would stop buying as many guns. Instead, Obama, Hillary and others push for more and more gun control at the federal level and blue states pass more and more anti gun laws every year.

If anti gun democrats stopped trying to ban/limit gun rights then the NRA could focus solely on gun safety, which already is a large role of the NRA.
As one who can buy a gun no problem but perhaps not as inclined to use it, I am forever baffled by the level of resistance that comes from others who are also in no way prevented from buying a gun. I have also never been fearful I would lose my ability to buy a gun, no matter how long Obama or anyone else talks about further regulation. I do understand, however, that once you are convinced this is the goal, regardless the 2nd Amendment, well no doubt your judgment will forever be guided (clouded) so. When it comes to those sorts of beliefs and fears, no logic or reason will work.

The money the NRA gives to elected representatives might be "chump change" in comparison to other contributions from other industries, but you are not paying attention if you don't think it matters to those who take that money, need that money. The number of NRA voters is of consequence as well, but over and over those numbers are not able to represent how the majority of voters feel about lots of gun control measures.

Again, I get a little exhausted trying to provide the evidence about all this, again and again, only to have it lost or forgotten until the next person tries to claim otherwise yet again, resetting us to starting over from scratch. All we can learn from one another as we go around in these circles is that no one seems to see other than as they wish, what I call my Cement Theory (and a thread I started a while ago of the same name).

All begging the question, why bother?

Old 01-10-2016, 10:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
As one who can buy a gun no problem but perhaps not as inclined to use it, I am forever baffled by the level of resistance that comes from others who are also in no way prevented from buying a gun. I have also never been fearful I would lose my ability to buy a gun, no matter how long Obama or anyone else talks about further regulation. I do understand, however, that once you are convinced this is the goal, regardless the 2nd Amendment, well no doubt your judgment will forever be guided (clouded) so. When it comes to those sorts of beliefs and fears, no logic or reason will work.

The money the NRA gives to elected representatives might be "chump change" in comparison to other contributions from other industries, but you are not paying attention if you don't think it matters to those who take that money, need that money. The number of NRA voters is of consequence as well, but over and over those numbers are not able to represent how the majority of voters feel about lots of gun control measures.
You are assuming they would hold a different opinion if not for the money. This is unlikely with something like this.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:28 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Default Assumptions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You are assuming they would hold a different opinion if not for the money. This is unlikely with something like this.
I am assuming nothing. I am following the stories of how the money is used to influence our elected representatives, and if you are not aware, or if you want to believe that somehow that money does not influence our representatives quite differently than if that money were not taken, you..., well you just can't be serious.

At least consider this. There are many gun enthusiasts who are among our elected representatives, yes, and they are generally in favor of the basic protection of our 2nd Amendment rights and the more commonly accepted basic agenda of the NRA, in terms of education and those protections. Hell, there really are not many of us who have any problem with any of those fundamentals. Where the money begins to works its NRA magic, where the problem emerges, is when the more moderate, more generally accepted gun-control legislation is voted upon. The NRA keeps very close tabs on who votes for what, even grades them accordingly, and they "give and taketh away" accordingly. When often this legislation is generally viewed favorably by the majority of voters polled but voted down by NRA supported elected representatives, surely you cannot assume that these representatives would not have likely voted otherwise if it were not the money over those votes that matters most to them.

No one should be that unaware of the many reported cases of this sort of influence going on, not only when it comes to gun legislation, but pretty much all the rest too. I'm too tired of offering up all the facts and history along those lines, especially when those who don't want to believe it won't even consider otherwise...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies