Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 07:23 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Very interesting post (I mean it). So what happens when Don gets elected? Would any ban still be in effect? Would the Queen have to come over here for diplomatic purposes?

I will watch with interest the results (but not the actual debates). I once watched a video of one of their debates and the words chaos and bedlam give an accurate description of what went on. So if you would be so kind to give an update. The local rag is short on international news.

El Nox
I don't think he will be banned - there again I don't think he's gonna be President

Funny that you mention the Queen - she's someone who's face we put on our stamps and use to lure tourists, she doesn't have anything to do with diplomacy or running the country

as for the rest of the Brit bashing on this thread, hilarious to read, keep it coming please

Old 01-08-2016, 07:31 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Actually, the donor class and the mooch class are our problems.

Both groups want to make working Americans tax slaves and low-wage slaves.

No one represents working tax payers because you can`t buy someone`s vote with their own money.

This is why Trump, financially immune to the demands of mega-donors, is where he is in the polls.
I'm going to disagree with you, because the donor class and the mooch class don't pass any laws are control government purse strings.

Our elected officials control these things and they make the CHOICE to put the donor and moocher classes ahead of the rest.

Don't give them a pass.

Last edited by PedroMartinez; 01-08-2016 at 07:48 AM..

Old 01-08-2016, 07:45 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I going to disagree with you, because the donor class and the much class don't pass any laws are control government purse strings.

Our elected officials control these things and they make the CHOICE to put the donor and moocher classes ahead of the rest.

Don't give them a pass.
The political class is the true 1% everyone should be worried about. That's where people need to focus they're anger.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:48 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
The U.K. Survived Hitler, I think they will not be intimidated by Trump.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:23 AM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

So true.

They appeased Hitler and we got dragged into WW II.

They dragged us into WWI before that Then they were instrumental in radicalizing Germany to create Hitler in the first place. They also inspired us to destabilize Iran.
Quote:

They divided up the Middle East in such a way as to guarantee that it would have religious and ethnic warfare forever, and now we're dealing with that.
Yep, and I remember the day a Pakistani told me of their methods which was not hard to verify.

Quote:
They fought two wars against us and lost.

They've allowed themselves to be overrun by Muslim fanatics.

They are a joke.

The hell they do.
Even today their financial district is even more corrupt than Wall Street. I utterly loath the UK.

The City

Old 01-08-2016, 08:24 AM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The U.K. Survived Hitler, I think they will not be intimidated by Trump.

They cannot even survive themselves.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:43 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
The Brits did that on a foggy day, or week...or month. They are frequently in a fog.

Generally quite nice people, though.
They are hilariously funny. I've been over there once on a business trip for ten days. I never stopped laughing the whole time!

Old 01-08-2016, 11:50 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
Funny that you mention the Queen - she's someone who's face we put on our stamps and use to lure tourists, she doesn't have anything to do with diplomacy or running the country
Not being an expert on Brit politics, I thought the Queen was/is the titular head of state, without any governing powers. Is that correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
as for the rest of the Brit bashing on this thread, hilarious to read, keep it coming please
Quote:
I will watch with interest the results (but not the actual debates). I once watched a video of one of their debates and the words chaos and bedlam give an accurate description of what went on.
Is this Brit bashing? I was just factualizing (great word isn't it?). BTW, does this happen often in Parliament?

El Nox

Old 01-08-2016, 11:56 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,826 times
Quote:
Not being an expert on Brit politics, I thought the Queen was/is the titular head of state, without any governing powers. Is that correct?

Is this Brit bashing? I was just factualizing (great word isn't it?). BTW, does this happen often in Parliament?

El Nox
Correct - but she does have these weird powers though

and you're not one of those guilty of Brit bashing

The debates in Parliament are usually dull and boring and if you watch them you can usually spot an MP asleep. The lively ones usually happen at 'Prime Ministers Question Time'

Old 01-08-2016, 12:17 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,526,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet:

So true.

They appeased Hitler and we got dragged into WW II.
The attack on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese was the fault of the British?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies