Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 11:24 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The UK is a country that doesn't care that one of its soldiers is ambushed and stabbed to death in broad daylight in an English neighborhood by Muslim immigrants.

Now they want to ban anyone who criticizes Muslims.

When Romney visited, he was asked for his advice on running the Olympics in London (he had successfully run them in Salt Lake City.) When he said that a possible strike by London transit workers might be a big problem, he was called "rude" by the Brits and by the U.S. liberal media.

There is no reason why Trump or any other American should care what the Brits say or do.

If they ban Trump, fine.

Who would want to go to that dreary little island anyway?

London is an ugly city.

They can keep their bad teeth, lousy weather, dreadful food, and loony left politics.
What? I was in London when Lee Rigby was killed and the outcry was tremendous.
Problem is there are a lot of Muslims who are good people (I've met them) and there are a lot of bad Islamists too.

Loony Left Politics? Now the Conservative Party is loony left to you? Jesus. I need to get away from people who think like this. You make UKIP sound positively left wing.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:25 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yes, a president with a spine would be a refreshing change.
What spine is that. If someone doesn't agree with him he would blow his hair off. Honestly, he has no idea what it takes to be president. He just wants to be number 1

Old 01-06-2016, 11:26 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
I'm not sure why the UK is doing this?

Old 01-06-2016, 11:28 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
well, Britain matters to America in a way that no other broadly allied nation comes close to matching.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:29 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I'm not sure why the UK is doing this?
Maybe because he's an ass and they want no part of him in their country. They did the same thing with michael savage

Old 01-06-2016, 11:42 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
What? I was in London when Lee Rigby was killed and the outcry was tremendous.
So what happened to his killers?

Quote:
Problem is there are a lot of Muslims who are good people (I've met them) and there are a lot of bad Islamists too.
Britain has long tolerated Muslims who openly call for killing infidels. I don't know if they still do, but they certainly did for a long time.

But Trump is called a "hater" and can't be allowed in simply because he said we should stop admitting Muslims until we can properly vet them.

We didn't properly vet the San Bernardino terrorist Tashfeen Malik, who was admitted here on a K-1 visa.

Quote:
Loony Left Politics? Now the Conservative Party is loony left to you? Jesus. I need to get away from people who think like this. You make UKIP sound positively left wing.
You ARE loony left if you consider it hateful and bigoted to demand that we not admit Muslims into this country until we can properly vet them.

Especially when our failure to properly vet them has resulted in a terrorist act against Americans.

The same deal goes for Trump's comment on Mexican illegal aliens who commit crimes in this country -- e.g., murdering Kate Steinle and three members of the Bologna family in San Francisco.

For saying that, he was falsely accused of bashing all Mexicans, not just illegal immigrants who commit crimes.

Old 01-07-2016, 04:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
If they were to scold Obama for sending Churchill's bust back, that would be one thing.
Only a partisan hack would be that petty, and stupid, since the bust is still in the White House. You fell for an urban legend.

Quote:
The Republican Party never condemned Trump's comments. I see that you like to make things up.
Republicans did condemn them. Were there some who supported it?

Obama and British Prime Minister admire the bust of Churchill in the White House two years after it was supposedly returned to UK.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:27 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
It's laughable and highly hypocritical that the UK allows Muslims to preach Jihad in their country but is debating not letting in Trump because he made the responsible suggestion that we stop allowing Muslim terrorists to come into the USA.

I would love it if they voted to keep him from going to the UK, it would further propel Trump's candidacy.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:41 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
UK is America's biggest and most trustworthy and reliable ally, this is not a good sign for Trump. The country is the U.S.' combat brother. Why **** off UK? This is ridiculous.
Lily, you're too sensible and intelligent to still be sitting at the kiddie table. Are you about ready to see the GOP for what it is (or more precisely has become) and move on to a more adult party?

Old 01-07-2016, 05:48 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Trump's election would lead to people in Britain and France dumping their traitorous pols too.

No wonder they're a-skeerd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies