Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 07:59 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
He doesn't have a gun for some reason, nor is he skilled in weapon disassembly or repair. He only parrots what he is told.
Thus he can't speak intelligently about the topic.
Weird, you know me better than I know myself it seems....or you just make false assumptions, no I do not own a gun, but I do know how to disassemble and repair guns. You do realize I have handled guns before, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Some of you chicks get weird and way off topic. I suggest you stop by a local gun shop and sign up for a lesson or two. Most will give you a free lesson and go through the basics for free. Women are part of the biggest percentage of new guy buyers. They usually have some smaller framed hand guns for either youth or those with smaller hands.

Don't knock it until you try it.
Which chicks are you referring to? Last time I checked, I had a penis. Also, you make another false assumption with thinking I have never fired a gun before, I know the basics quite well. Oh, and a third false assumption, my hands are a good frame size.

Old 01-09-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" but you seem to be upset over what a gun nut is."

YOU are the one so upset with so-called "gun nuts' you keep posting about them.

So tell us , what IS a "gun nut" in your humble opinion?
I didn't realize I was upset, thanks for letting me know. So what is the point in me giving you a description of what I think a gun nut is? I guess is you must know, this is a good description of what a gun nut is.

Old 01-09-2016, 08:38 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,513,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

Quote:
Background checks. Waiting periods. Licenses. Permits. Assault weapons bans. Handgun bans. The gun control movement favors them all, and often without giving much thought to how to implement them, how they’d save lives, and whether they're supposed to prevent mass shootings, stop suicides, or contribute to lowering the rate of firearms deaths overall.
What if the gun control movement took a different approach? What if it focused on just one thing — a policy that many Americans would be likely to support and that would have a good shot at making a measurable difference in curtailing the most spectacular incidents of gun violence?
Leave single shot rifles alone. Leave most handguns alone. Leave laws on background checks and waiting periods alone. Instead, focus only on assault weapons. Define them to include all automatic and semi-automatic rifles, as well as high-capacity magazines that increase the number of bullets that can be fired by rifles and handguns without reloading.
Want to buy and shoot an AR-15 semiautomatic assault rifle, the gun that Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik allegedly used to murder 14 and injure 22 in San Bernardino last month, and the primary weapon Adam Lanza used to carry out the Sandy Hook massacre? Go right ahead. But you will be required to keep and shoot it exclusively on the premises of an establishment that exists expressly for that purpose.
Visit that range as often as you like. Shoot the weapon to your heart’s content. But you won’t be allowed to leave with it, walk the streets with it, bring it into your home, or sell it directly to any other private citizen.

I don't disagree with this. I think it is an interesting take.

Old 01-09-2016, 09:06 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
I don't disagree with this. I think it is an interesting take.
You do realize that would make most hunting rifles illegal?

Old 01-09-2016, 12:28 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
You do realize that would make most hunting rifles illegal?

The author pretty much stated that. But you see, they're GGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNSSSSS!

I'm getting ready to go goose hunting in about 5 minutes. I'll be taking my Browning Silver (a semi-automatic shotgun, a link to a picture of I posted earlier).

Old 01-09-2016, 01:52 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,272,562 times
Interesting and not being a hunter I am unaware of a goose season open today hum and with one exception you cannot have more than 3 shells in your gun nor can your weapon be able to hold more than 3 shells hummmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The author pretty much stated that. But you see, they're GGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNSSSSS!

I'm getting ready to go goose hunting in about 5 minutes. I'll be taking my Browning Silver (a semi-automatic shotgun, a link to a picture of I posted earlier).

Old 01-09-2016, 04:40 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
You are correct for shell capacity for waterfowl hunting. And?

Goose season in Maryland began Dec. 16 or thereabouts and goes until Feb. 3. The extended season for Resident Geese goes into March.

Old 01-09-2016, 08:19 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
OOOOOOOOHHHHHH! I cant wait to see a rifle with a revolver like firing system. Will that be a 5 or 6 gun?
Already been done any number of times:

NRA Museums:

Colt Model 1855 Revolving Carbine - Six-Shot Rifle - History, Specs and Pictures - Military, Security and Civilian Guns

Old 01-09-2016, 08:28 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
If rapid fire is all the fellow is concerned about; the guy obviously isn't very old or done his research on the past capabilities of even some bolt action rifles being capable of doing the same sorts of damage in a very short time frame.

The Great Lee Enfield Rapid Fire One Minute Wonder -

Please note; that record was set in 1914.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBHP-Ezl020
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies