Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 07:50 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,236 times

Advertisements

A lack dispensaries and participating doctors will likely cripple the pot program.

A dearth of marijuana vendors and producers, onerous restrictions on patients and requirements that doctors take a special class likely will cripple medical marijuana in the state, according to advocates.

New York Medical Marijuana Program Begins -- And No One Is Excited

I stopped take oxycodone over a year and half ago and have suffered a great deal by doing so. I was hoping to see if I would be able to receive a medical MJ card to at least help me be able to sleep better and relax my spasms. Looks like NYS has dropped the ball once again and I may not have any choice but to go back on opioids... that's if I'm allowed to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 06:24 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
Just make pot legal, and be done with it... this "medical" crap is just that...crap!

Old 01-08-2016, 09:08 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
This is the problem with trying to compromise to guarantee legal status. The compromise is to allow such a great degree of regulation that the people who need medical marijuana feel better off buying from drug dealers. Cheaper and less red tape.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:48 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
You might find more people excited about it in the New York forum. Why would people anywhere else care?

Old 01-08-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You might find more people excited about it in the New York forum. Why would people anywhere else care?
It is a controversial health care issue......

Old 01-08-2016, 12:28 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
A lack dispensaries and participating doctors will likely cripple the pot program.
I spoke to my GP about medical marijuana. His medical group in NY has no intention of being on the leading edge of prescribing pot for medical purposes. They are going to wait until every little legal kink is worked out and then a bit longer just to make sure.

Old 01-09-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I spoke to my GP about medical marijuana. His medical group in NY has no intention of being on the leading edge of prescribing pot for medical purposes. They are going to wait until every little legal kink is worked out and then a bit longer just to make sure.
That is what I thought, thank you for your reply.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:06 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,217,168 times
Even in Oregon, talking to your GP can be dangerous. I have heard of people casually mentioning marijuana use to their Dr and being told they have to submit to a urine test before they can be prescribed prescription pain killers. If you mentioned that you had a few alcoholic beverages in the evening, they probably wouldn't bat an eye.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:18 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Little know fact:
Doctors are not allowed to prescribe marijuana.
They can recommend it, but may not prescribe it. DEA lists marijuana as Schedule 1 substance even though some states have legalized it.
Quote:
...... a doctor is allowed to discuss the merits of medical marijuana with patients. A doctor is also permitted to deliver written or oral recommendations to the patient suggesting that they try cannabis. Thus, a doctor telling a patient, even in writing, “Cannabis may help you” or “You really should consume cannabis, it will help” is acceptable. A doctor is NOT permitted to provide a patient with cannabis. Nor can a doctor prescribe cannabis — doctors cannot prescribe Schedule I controlled substances.
Prescribing vs Recommending – Cresco Chronicles

Old 02-24-2016, 09:28 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,050,775 times
Sadly I think most places will have to wait for the baby boomers to retire or die.

We're almost there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies