Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 09:52 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
They throw prostate cancer in there without any explanation.
How would sitting vs. standing make any difference?
Men who have an enlarged prostate are encouraged to do this while sitting down:

Men with enlarged prostate should pee sitting down | Health24

However, the MayoClinic makes no such remarks for those who are interested in reducing their risk of getting prostate cancer:

Prostate cancer prevention: Ways to reduce your risk - Mayo Clinic

Quote:
There's no proven prostate cancer prevention strategy. But you may reduce your risk of prostate cancer by making healthy choices, such as exercising and eating a healthy diet.
So if the boys in that school have an enlarged prostate, then sure, the policy would make sense...because, you know, lots of boys have issues with enlarged prostates. /sarc

Quote:
Problems related to an enlarged prostate can occur in middle-aged man and are age related. However, the elderly suffer the most. “Of men above 80 years old, more than 90 percent have difficulties urinating due to an enlarged prostate...
(from the first link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 10:04 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Ummm, now that would be a strange conversion.....but Something I never thought about discussing with a man.

My kids thought that was what mud puddles were made for, all about standing....
I've never had this conservation with a man either, it's just what I've observed. But I have to tell you I've used men's bathrooms many times when the line was too long for the girls bathroom. The floor in there was disgusting. Better for them to sit down so they don't miss

Old 01-09-2016, 11:44 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,276,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danglecity8819 View Post
I've never sat down to pee, and have never met anyone that does it or would admit to doing it. I agree with the others posters; you know some strange men.
I'll admit to sitting down to pee. Back when I had a PA. You kind of get one jet coming out as normal and the other straight down on your feet.

Probably too much information for most people. Just sayin...

Old 01-10-2016, 01:42 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Men who have an enlarged prostate are encouraged to do this while sitting down:

Men with enlarged prostate should pee sitting down | Health24

However, the MayoClinic makes no such remarks for those who are interested in reducing their risk of getting prostate cancer:

Prostate cancer prevention: Ways to reduce your risk - Mayo Clinic

So if the boys in that school have an enlarged prostate, then sure, the policy would make sense...because, you know, lots of boys have issues with enlarged prostates. /sarc

(from the first link)
Tee Em Eye, fer cryin out loud

Old 01-10-2016, 01:42 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
I just had to pee (im at home) and decided to drop my drawers and pee sitting down. You have to hold your junk and make it go downward. Do people not realize the directionality of the male urethra? Letting male junk danlge on the edge of the toilet seat is GRODIER than any errant urine that might spray.
You just figured this out, now? With this experiment? You been droppin' duces standing up all these years or something?

Who has to constantly hold it down the whole time you're on the toilet? I would assume that unless one's penis is only an inch or so long, gravity should be taking care of pointing it in the right direction.

You sure do make sitting on the pot quite the ordeal.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:01 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,331,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
Sweden is doomed. This is the Scandinavian utopia that outlawed pronouns and required everyone to say "hen" so as not to offend trannies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...al-dictionary/
No pronouns are outlawed, no one is required to say hen.

Go outside and breathe some fresh air.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:26 AM

1,485 posts, read 954,886 times
If I'm forced to actually sit down to pee, I might feel like taking 20 minutes while thinking about sofia vergara.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:45 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
I have worked in food service and cleaned both and mens are always far dirtier. People who say otherwise are full of ****.
//www.city-data.com/forum/work-...rror-show.html

Old 01-10-2016, 12:04 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Yes, because a few people online claiming it is true means it is of course .

Old 01-10-2016, 07:00 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Which side?
He was ambidextrous,didn't matter which side. He won a lot of beer bets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies