Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 07:25 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Interesting thoughts, I appreciate. Do you have any insights about the present day anti-government militia groups? What are their goals?
I think it depends in the group and the specific issues they hold close to them. The Oath Keepers for example want individual rights to triumph even if it is the right to discriminate as a public official.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 07:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Defend and repel what? So are you saying they will not defend America from ISIS and Boko Haram? Or that ISIS and Boko Haram are like our radicial militias because they are defending and repelling?

They the government, like the Paris Government has done their best to tell you it is their job, and the public not to arm themselves.

The key is, defending myself, my family and my friends from them, when evil rears its ugly head.
If everyone felt the same way, they would all be packing heat, so the militia can be immediate. Not wait for the police to sort out the casualties and take statements.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:48 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think it depends in the group and the specific issues they hold close to them. The Oath Keepers for example want individual rights to triumph even if it is the right to discriminate as a public official.
I think you're right. I think the militia in Oregon is part of the 'sovereign citizens' group. Apparently they want to replace the local government. I don't think the local community wants that to happen.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post

The "entire reason" for the Constitution was because the Articles of Confederation was totally ineffective!

Wrong. It was because the colonies had no representation in Parliament. No representation, no government exist. Only authoritarian tyranny exists, when evil exploits good.(2nd Amendment comes into play)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmhvZtmQIU4

Old 01-16-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The entire reason for the constitution was because they knew before a government was created, that they also could never be trusted.
You're making assertions based on your emotions & not on the historical evidence. Please see the following:

Quote:

The "entire reason" for the Constitution was because the Articles of Confederation was totally ineffective!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow
From the day the federal government was created, it became the enemy of free people.
It's intent was to secure rights. It has been altered so much, they take rights, today.

The federal government was to govern the troubles between the states, originally. Not govern the people directly.
Do you hear yourself? From day one, the federal government was the enemy? Sheeesh, the drama!

Old 01-16-2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I think you're right. I think the militia in Oregon is part of the 'sovereign citizens' group. Apparently they want to replace the local government. I don't think the local community wants that to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpB3ILMRyG0

The Police State in America, violating civil rights of humans, is what has caused the rise of the new American Militia movement.

Peaceful Streets.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
and be a part of what our government has started?

The intent of a militia is to defend and repel, not take the offense, with nukes.
Maybe you can explain the intent or goal/objective of the militia in Oregon?

Old 01-16-2016, 08:12 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Wrong. It was because the colonies had no representation in Parliament. No representation, no government exist. Only authoritarian tyranny exists, when evil exploits good.(2nd Amendment comes into play)
Dear, dear, me...

You don't know about the Articles of Confederation? How can you even begin to discuss the Constitution without knowledge of the original attempt to form a national government in 1777?

Old 01-16-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Dear, dear, me...

You don't know about the Articles of Confederation? How can you even begin to discuss the Constitution without knowledge of the original attempt to form a national government in 1777?

Yes, and there was a Declaration of Independence, too. You didn't know about that? How can you even begin to discuss the Articles of Confederation, or the Constitution without knowledge of the original attempt to tell an armed existing tyrannical government, with no representation, 1776?

Old 01-17-2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:
The Police State in America, violating civil rights of humans, is what has caused the rise of the new American Militia movement.

Peaceful Streets.
Are you claiming the new American Militia movement is a Civil Rights movement?

& that new American Militia members believe the tyrannical government must be confronted through armed force?

An example of the new American Militia movement in action is current events in Oregon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies