Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2016, 04:27 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Nope.
The conservatives skipped it altogether yet some attempted to post nonsensical comments that had nothing to do with the speech. Of those who did watch it, comments consisted mostly of sputtering "well, it's too late now to make all that good stuff to happen, why didn't he make it happen in 2009, he IS the president after all".
The democrats, who actually watched it, thought it was DAMNED good. CNN when noting that early polls showed 70+% of viewers rated it positively said (paraphrasing) "keep in mind that Democrats tend to watch his speeches while Republicans don't".
That doesn't sound like democrats at all. Now if they were talking about what he was wearing, his widow's peak, his teeth, his skin color, his negro dialect, his big feet, etc. then you'd have a point maybe. Democrats are fickle little materialistic sissies like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 04:28 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Okay, now that I've read the transcript.............

.................................................. ...............not a bad speech, though it might have been better for him if he left out the analogy to the space program, considering what he has done to it during his administration.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:31 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Good-bye, Obama.

"Loved" your last big speech.

Be sure to stay away long enough for us to miss you!

Old 01-13-2016, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I thought it od that the chick from S.C. was critical of Pres Obama's ability to fight domestic terrorism when it was in her state under her government that a terror attack (or hate crime if you want to call it) occurred. It was her state that just recently decided to have the racist rebel flag removed.

I'd recommend she work on fixing her state before going national and criticizing anything Pres Obama's administration accomplished.
Well, did Obama talk about income inequality at all? That's right, those talking points were in his first few words. In case you didn't realize it he's the POTUS and his house is in DC where income inequality (the liberal materialistic sissy definition of course) is highest in the country and the largest number of people are at or below the minmum wage.

Carry on though... Certainly wouldn't want to shoehorn POTUS into a little box all for some random news stories that are completely uncontrollable from the head office.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Must be your first time to watch a SOTU? That "military group" was the Joint Chiefs of Staff and they always respond exactly that way to their Commander-in-Chief's speech. And people always line up to do kissy face with the President on his way in. W was the worst/best, depending upon how you look at it. He was a very physically responsive person and people took advantage of that. I remember watching my own Congressman, an elderly man, almost fall down as he pushed in to embrace and smack W. Bush on the cheek. It was a scary and cringe-worthy moment.

The part you apparently missed is that Obama was at the door, waiting for several minutes while the SC's and cabinet members were making their way to their seats. The PBS commentator said he couldn't recall that happening before with any President.
No respect for the petulant child? How dare they... It's as if the Petulant One lambasted/blamed them for nearly 8 years or something...

Old 01-13-2016, 05:11 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Hmmm, let me guess:

The conservatives thought it was vile filth spewed forth by the devil himself.

The democrats thought it was pretty good.

amirite?
Something like that. I tried reading the first 6 pages of this thread, and the posts were pure childishness and nothing about the speech, so I gave up.

Old 01-13-2016, 05:14 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Gotta give Haley this, I've never seen anyone speak and enunciate like that without moving their teeth. Her head was frozen and every now and then her eyes would get HUGE like a deer in headlights. But I hardly heard a word as I was mesmerized by her frozen teeth. That was weird.
I noticed that too. She is from India (legal, or illegal, I do not know). Maybe that is how they speak over there. I remember another Indian, Jindahl, give a response few years afo, and that was an odd one as well.

Old 01-13-2016, 05:47 AM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I thought it od that the chick from S.C. was critical of Pres Obama's ability to fight domestic terrorism when it was in her state under her government that a terror attack (or hate crime if you want to call it) occurred. It was her state that just recently decided to have the racist rebel flag removed.

I'd recommend she work on fixing her state before going national and criticizing anything Pres Obama's administration accomplished.
Sounds like you're saying that Obama is responsible for terror attacks against America. Or maybe you are having a hard time differentiating between being the cause of something and taking the appropriate actions against something.

Old 01-13-2016, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Something like that. I tried reading the first 6 pages of this thread, and the posts were pure childishness and nothing about the speech, so I gave up.
Do you actually think something intelligent can be said about the speech...it was a joke.

Old 01-13-2016, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I noticed that too. She is from India (legal, or illegal, I do not know). Maybe that is how they speak over there. I remember another Indian, Jindahl, give a response few years afo, and that was an odd one as well.

Well, that was "pure childishness and nothing about her speech" on your part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies