Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 10:45 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Chinese animators up to their antics again.

Under Obama, an investment in Smith & Wesson would be far more valuable than an investment in Apple Computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZbowgqwIfk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 11:00 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
If he's not getting paid millions by the NRA and the various gun companies, he's getting robbed...no one has caused higher gun sales in world history than Barack the gun peddler.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:13 AM

45,229 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Obama does head up the largest arms peddler in the world. However he hates that the house servants get to sample the wares.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:24 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Obama does head up the largest arms peddler in the world. However he hates that the house servants get to sample the wares.
I don't think he would have a problem with that if the house servants weren't shooting each other all the time...

Old 01-12-2016, 11:25 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,456 times
Can't disagree with that. I know some people in the business and they are busier than ever before and breaking sales records.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:28 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,441,091 times

Old 01-12-2016, 11:30 AM

45,229 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I don't think he would have a problem with that if the house servants weren't shooting each other all the time...
Maybe he should quit stirring them up.
And disagree, he has an obvious contempt for private ownership of weapons and rights in general.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:33 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
There is that. Something that Obama pretends doesn't exist. So much for his community agitation accomplishments in Chicago.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There is that. Something that Obama pretends doesn't exist. So much for his community agitation accomplishments in Chicago.
Obama doesn't have to pretend that gangbangers aren't murdering each other at a rapid clip in Chicago. That is the one regret that I have with the fact that white America has this scapegoat race to dump all of humankinds failings on. White people kill each other too. Obama shakes his head at the fact of black on black crime and murder. He sheds tears for his friend and colleague Senator Gabrielle Giffords. He weeps for the 18 first graders shot to death in Newtown, CT. He feels like something should finally be done so that white, middle class movie goers do not have to fear being shot in the dark. I mean... carrying a gun into a movie theater is only going to help you if you are the one who intends to open fire first! Until the lights come back on the good guy with the gun is more of a liability than an asset! And I don't buy that we can't go backwards. I don't accept that because the guns are here... oh well... I think the immediate repeal of stand your ground laws would save lives. I think laws mandating the prosecution of anyone who injures or kills another person with a firearm no matter the circumstances would raise the bar for indiscriminate use of a firearm. It won't stop the gang killings....pssst... no one really cares about them! This is about college students, first graders, soccer moms... people like us in P&OC... this is about saving middle class lives and families. It's worth doing. I don't have to worry. As a black, middle class American with an innate antipathy for firearms I'm in the clear. I'm not pounding my computer keyboard endlessly decrying America's gun culture on behalf of myself or my family. I'm lamenting the waste of white lives that are claimed by gun accidents and gun violence. Chances are very good that when a black persons life is cut short by a gun it is complicated by some kind of relationship to criminal activity. Regrettable, yes, but I submit that the bigger tragedy is being the victim of a mall shooting, college shooting, workplace shooting, accidental discharge, etc. all of which affect white, middle class, law abiding Americans much more than they affect any other demographic of Americans.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Maybe he should quit stirring them up.
And disagree, he has an obvious contempt for private ownership of weapons and rights in general.
What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies