Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 04:07 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,450,202 times

Advertisements

Actually, nobody in Portland really had any idea of who this guy was until the news story came out, and then we snickered at his naivete.

BTW, In case you didn't know it, Portland and the rest of Oregon are pretty much two different animals, and even Portland is growing so much and so fast that the stereotypes developed a decade ago are rapidly becoming "So Over".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 04:15 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
I'm actually really hoping he reconsiders. Someone who has that pure a heart to think this idea could work, is someone that the world needs more of. I'd hate to hear of someone like that getting killed. :/

Old 01-15-2016, 04:23 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Wow. That's something.

I like what he's wanting to do. I really do. And I think there are a lot of audience whom many would say are dangerous that would actually be pretty receptive to this sort of thing.

I'm not too convinced ISIS is one of them.

I wish him the best. And by that, I mean I hope he isn't killed. He's clearly a decent man, as anyone who puts his life on the line for a decent cause it. But I really hope he thinks about this more before truly committing to going to Syria. Maybe things will cool down a bit and going will do some good, but right now, I'm more concerned that this guy is going to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
As long as detonates himself during the concert I'm all for it.
I'm always aware that people who 'think' like you do exist, but still, every time I see it I'm always caught of guard. I should know better by now but I guess I'm just to much of a damn optimist.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:34 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
I mean really!!! What freakin planet is this fool living on???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An Oregon folk singer plans to leave next week to serenade the Islamic State, and he intends to bring the black-clad barbarians a prayerful message of peace -- despite a warning from the State Department that his life could be in danger.

James Twyman, of Portland, Ore., told FoxNews.com he feels a "calling" and believes he can soften the hearts of the Islamist army known for beheading Westerners, throwing gays off of buildings and summarily executing innocent women and children.

American folk singer hopes peace concert for ISIS will win over terror group | Fox News

Wait a second, isn't he going to wait for Obama to just talk to them as he touted years ago?

Old 01-15-2016, 08:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
That'll probably be at least as effective as a war would be. Probably more.

So I don't see what the problem is.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:04 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
This I DON'T like saying: maybe WHEN this Twyman dude does get murdered by daesh/IS; that WILL be what it takes for the lib kind of liberals to realize stuff just got real.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:58 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
This should be funny to watch. After his head leaves his body I wonder what liberals will blame it on? Bush I bet ROTFLMAO!
Ha ha! Dismembered bodies sure are funny!!! Ha Ha Ha! Libs. ROTFLMAO!

Wow, just wow.

Old 01-16-2016, 12:05 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I wonder what the lyrics will be..

I think a good opening would be "Kumbaya" and see how it goes from there.

Old 01-16-2016, 12:15 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,667,395 times
The only thing he's going to hope for is to not get his head chopped off.

Last edited by owl6969; 01-16-2016 at 12:29 AM..

Old 02-24-2020, 04:41 PM

374 posts, read 146,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
That's actually kind of adorable, that he has that much faith in human nature, but lol...no.

If he really wants to attempt this, he'd be safer publishing his songs on YouTube or something. They'll surely see it somehow, and when they're done laughing at him, at least his head will remain attached to his body. Especially since music is considered 'haram'.

Though he's probably already also in danger from the vein-on-temple-bulging right wing radicals who probably will label him a terrorist sympathiser or something.

Honestly, I truly wish we did live in a world where enemies could just sit down, listen to some good music, talk things out, and be cool with each other from then on. Because we are all just humans, are we not?

But that's not how megalomaniacs and the psychologically disturbed think. And singing to them won't change that.

ps. Hope he speaks some Arabic, because most Daesh members probably don't even know English.
Adorable? Maybe if he's five.

That you think the right wingers are what this nut has to fear exposes how "adorable" you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies