Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 06:08 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times

Advertisements

Drugs are for losers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 07:47 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Drugs are for losers.
I agree and that's my final answer.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Drugs are for losers.

Alcohol, is about the worst drug, there is.
It alone has killed more people than all the wars fought in the world since the beginning of time.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:58 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,707,597 times
Quote:
Drugs are for losers.
When I was 15 I figured out for myself, "Why start doing something that everyone else is having a hard time quitting." Well we need to relax as a nation because we have the depression thing going tin the economy. Peronaly I can see your point but colactively I think it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:18 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
A lot of generalizations in your post.
But with alcohol
1. The blood level can be measured and deemed too unsafe to drive
2. The amount of alcohol per drink is strictly measured and you can "know" you can handle 2.
3. Alcohol is taxed federally
4. Most drinkers do not get violent.

With cannabis
1. No accurate way to measure for abuse
2. Value changes per bud. Chronic - one hit can be incredible. Or homegrown - that is ineffective.
3. Grown everywhere. Most heavy sellers sell more than pot.
4. If it could be taxed it would likely already be legal
Actually the "high" value of each bud is known and, where it is legal, it is clearly posted on the product.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:22 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Drugs are for losers.
Well, then what do you want?

Meth? Smack? Date rape?

Or, the full array of pharmaceutical nootropics?

Take your pill, honey.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:45 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
When I was 15 I figured out for myself, "Why start doing something that everyone else is having a hard time quitting." Well we need to relax as a nation because we have the depression thing going tin the economy. Peronaly I can see your point but colactively I think it wouldn't be a bad idea.
Which drug is affecting your fingers so horribly?

Old 03-17-2011, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 446 times
Hey guys n gals, just read all the above good stuff.

My personal opinion is to Legalise.
I smoke for two reasons the main reason, is for my cronic back pain, if it wasn’t for this I would be on other medication what ill be on for years or possibly steroids. What in a few years could result in kidney failure and possibly stronger medication due to my body adapting to it. Where as Maryj effects will last.
Weed 1 - 0- medication
The other medical reason is to help with my sleep; i've always suffered from restless sleeps. When I was younger I was plagued with bad dreams and RLS (restless leg syndrome) where as you’re drifting off your leg will twitch and wake me up.
Weed 2 - 0 medications
And of course for enjoyment. It makes everything better, food taste better, music! I love music high it’s so enjoyable. I become more social and chatty. I enjoy what ever I’m doing. When doing my business studies work I enjoy what I talk about and can express what i'm thinking easier (like now )
Life with weed 1 - 0 lives without

The other week I went out drinking, and have no clear memory of what happened.
Not once have I blazed so hard that I lost all memory.
Weed 1 - 0 alcohols

If Marijuana is illegal.
Therefore you must go to a dealer, whom may be supporting criminal activates (other than dealing) this is funding criminals. Apart from my dealer he's lovely: D
Legal 1 - 0 illegal

Now if it was legalised as it is in Amsterdam. - You pay for intensity of the high, and the amount you get for your money. If the government realised this they would make a killing. Along with the police having one less thing to worry about.
Reducing the recession 1 - 0 not making money

Speaking of such, I agree there are some flaws to smoking, one of my friends had paranoia thinking he was being followed, now on medication he’s back to normal. This is a big difference to being on medication with long term side effects, i.e. kidney failure.
0-0

Also MaryJ makes people prang, why is this?
Who are they? – The police!
Why are they following them? – Because you’re smoking weed!
Result – Pranging out.
Solution – legalise
Legalise 1-0 stay illegal

Who’s following me – no one?
Why are they following me- No ones following me…: D *pulls cool face: D*
F.… Yeah: D
Result – happy chappy
Solution – none needed.
Legalise 2 – 0 stay illegal

Smoking is a health risk. - cancer; now I’m no dr. nor scientist but smoking a spliff with a baki and weed mix is about half as bad as smoking a full cigarette , but what if you use a bong to get rid of the t’baki and just pure weed. The health risk is greatly reduced. In fact healthier than smoking alone.
Weed - 1 0- smoking

For 9 - 0 Against

I believe the only reason the government won’t legalise it because it will look bad on them!

STOP the LIES and LEGALISE!

Old 03-17-2011, 09:36 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Drugs are for losers.

But, alcohol and the prescription crap is OK though. Are people that need anti-depressants, or pain meds, losers? I mean, they are ALL drugs, so those people must be losers too. What about coffee drinkers? Again, caffeine is a drug. I guess they're losers too?

Old 03-17-2011, 09:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJohnson View Post
Hey guys n gals, just read all the above good stuff.

My personal opinion is to Legalise.
I smoke for two reasons the main reason, is for my cronic back pain, if it wasn’t for this I would be on other medication what ill be on for years or possibly steroids. What in a few years could result in kidney failure and possibly stronger medication due to my body adapting to it. Where as Maryj effects will last.
Weed 1 - 0- medication
The other medical reason is to help with my sleep; i've always suffered from restless sleeps. When I was younger I was plagued with bad dreams and RLS (restless leg syndrome) where as you’re drifting off your leg will twitch and wake me up.
Weed 2 - 0 medications
And of course for enjoyment. It makes everything better, food taste better, music! I love music high it’s so enjoyable. I become more social and chatty. I enjoy what ever I’m doing. When doing my business studies work I enjoy what I talk about and can express what i'm thinking easier (like now )
Life with weed 1 - 0 lives without

The other week I went out drinking, and have no clear memory of what happened.
Not once have I blazed so hard that I lost all memory.
Weed 1 - 0 alcohols

If Marijuana is illegal.
Therefore you must go to a dealer, whom may be supporting criminal activates (other than dealing) this is funding criminals. Apart from my dealer he's lovely: D
Legal 1 - 0 illegal

Now if it was legalised as it is in Amsterdam. - You pay for intensity of the high, and the amount you get for your money. If the government realised this they would make a killing. Along with the police having one less thing to worry about.
Reducing the recession 1 - 0 not making money

Speaking of such, I agree there are some flaws to smoking, one of my friends had paranoia thinking he was being followed, now on medication he’s back to normal. This is a big difference to being on medication with long term side effects, i.e. kidney failure.
0-0

Also MaryJ makes people prang, why is this?
Who are they? – The police!
Why are they following them? – Because you’re smoking weed!
Result – Pranging out.
Solution – legalise
Legalise 1-0 stay illegal

Who’s following me – no one?
Why are they following me- No ones following me…: D *pulls cool face: D*
F.… Yeah: D
Result – happy chappy
Solution – none needed.
Legalise 2 – 0 stay illegal

Smoking is a health risk. - cancer; now I’m no dr. nor scientist but smoking a spliff with a baki and weed mix is about half as bad as smoking a full cigarette , but what if you use a bong to get rid of the t’baki and just pure weed. The health risk is greatly reduced. In fact healthier than smoking alone.
Weed - 1 0- smoking

For 9 - 0 Against

I believe the only reason the government won’t legalise it because it will look bad on them!

STOP the LIES and LEGALISE!

Make it 10. I'm for legalization, and ending the BS propaganda about marijuana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies