Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 10:02 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
I'm curious ... have you ever been to an Islamic country? I'm sure you and convinced of the validity of your opinion, but is that same opinion based upon ANY first hand knowledge? Your rose-colored glasses view of the beloved Palestinians is not supported by any facts. I will use as a small example of what happened to all the Jewish shops and houses that were turned over to these 'peace loving Palestinians' in the Gaza Strip. I am sure that your glasses will not allow you to focus on that because of the glare of your 'peace loving indignation' towards the Palestinians. But I will do you a favor and not mention other little things such as rockets being sent into Israel or homicide bombers. I will leave you with your 'peace be on them Palestinians' and the hope that one day you too will be among them so you might get a taste of 'peace'.

El Nox
Beloved Palestinians? Certainly not, I don't like them more than any other ethnicity, but neither any less just because they Palestinians.
Palestinians are people like any other people, some of them are radicals, just like in Israel or Iran, India or wherever. Lumping them all together is a big mistake. They are individuals just like people in the West.
Yes, I have been to an Islamic country, and, being an atheist, I did not like it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I will strongly advise you to learn a little more about this conflict and specially about the so called "The right of return" in which the Palestinians demand to place in Israel 5 million descendants of "refugees" from 1948.

Israel offered a state to them three times already, the last one in 2008. They refused because of the right of return thing.

It's not about the "occupation". It's about the "right of return", and demographically turning the Jewish state into an Arab one.
I am actually in favor of a one-state solution, so that whole issue as to where someone lives becomes irrelevant. Like in Switzerland, where they have various provinces, speaking different languages. Yet everyone is free to move where they want and they get along.
I think the whole idea of a Jewish state was racist to begin with, hence they are so paranoid about being surrounded by Arabs, when in reality they are very closely related peoples (I mean, real Jews, not the immigrated Jews who are basically Russians, Germans, etc.). There is no reason why they shouldn't be mixed and live in the same country again. Of course that would require a common constitution making sure nobody is privileged because of ethnicity. Jews are not dying out or anything, they will continue to marry mostly among each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 10:22 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Good for them. And Sweeden should've banned this Jewish woman. Instead they give her lots of money. At least the progs do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ERmOpZrKtw

Old 01-15-2016, 10:33 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,033 times
I'm actually shocked they didn't take this position when she blamed Israel for radicalizing Muslims all over the world after the Paris attack

"In the wake of November's terror attacks in Paris, she identified the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as one of the factors explaining why "there are so many people who have become radicalised" -- comments Israel called "appallingly impudent".

To call her a piece of crap is an insult to crap.

Margot Wallstrom, tough Swede shown the door by Israel

Old 01-15-2016, 10:52 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post

I am actually in favor of a one-state solution, so that whole issue as to where someone lives becomes irrelevant. Like in Switzerland, where they have various provinces, speaking different languages. Yet everyone is free to move where they want and they get along.
To have a one state solution like in Switzerland, you to have get along. Jews and Arabs are not getting along. It's just not working.
Quote:
I think the whole idea of a Jewish state was racist to begin with, hence they are so paranoid about being surrounded by Arabs, when in reality they are very closely related peoples (I mean, real Jews, not the immigrated Jews who are basically Russians, Germans, etc.). There is no reason why they shouldn't be mixed and live in the same country again. Of course that would require a common constitution making sure nobody is privileged because of ethnicity. Jews are not dying out or anything, they will continue to marry mostly among each other.
So all the nations can have their own state, the French, the Romanians, the Russians, Mexicans etc, and only the Jews are not entitled to a state of their own. It looks like a racism to me.
Anyway, there will be never a one state solution, because we see very well what happen to minorities in Arab countries.

Old 01-15-2016, 10:58 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
To have a one state solution like in Switzerland, you to have get along. Jews and Arabs are not getting along. It's just not working.

So all the nations can have their own state, the French, the Romanians, the Russians, Mexicans etc, and only the Jews are not entitled to a state of their own. It looks like a racism to me.
Anyway, there will be never a one state solution, because we see very well what happen to minorities in Arab countries.

You have that backwards. Seems to me many Jews decry nationalism with the only exception being Israel.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:10 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
That's nonsense. Most Palestinians don't care whether Israel is there or not, they just want to be left alone.
But Israel wants and needs the conflict, because it can use it as a pretext for its own atrocities and occupations. There are people in Israel for whom peace is a nightmare. The same goes for a minority in Palestine. On both sides there are certain groups who benefit from the current mess.

If people wanted to, one could solve the whole conflict within an hour.

MMMmmmmm... what are these "atrocities" you speak of?

And explain why peace would be a nightmare?

Old 01-15-2016, 11:17 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You have that backwards. Seems to me many Jews decry nationalism with the only exception being Israel.
And many of us don't decry nationalism in any case. If you want to call out hypocrites, I'm good with that, so long as you do it within your own ranks. If not, that would make you a hypocrite as well.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:18 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Those Jews are too loud minority among us, and some of them are enemies of Israel.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:59 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
I think the whole idea of a Jewish state was racist to begin with
So what about all the Moslem countries surrounding it. Are they racist too?

http://www.ofirjacobson.com/uploads/...86746_orig.png

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-18-2016 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 01-15-2016, 01:06 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
That's nonsense. Most Palestinians don't care whether Israel is there or not, they just want to be left alone.
But Israel wants and needs the conflict, because it can use it as a pretext for its own atrocities and occupations. There are people in Israel for whom peace is a nightmare. The same goes for a minority in Palestine. On both sides there are certain groups who benefit from the current mess.

If people wanted to, one could solve the whole conflict within an hour.
The whole thing can end in the next hour if the local barbarians would recognize Israel's right to exist. It's that simple. As far as Israel's atrocities, I can't remember the last time an Israeli strapped a bomb to a child and sent them into an Arab neighborhood, or drove a car filled with explosives into a Muslim wedding party. Who are you kidding? Your either very misinformed or extremely naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies