Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 05:19 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,617 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why we keep debating abortion. I've known anyone who wasn't completely committed to their view. I've accepted that this is one of the topics where you're not going to change anyone's mind just like no one will change your mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 05:29 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
A look at the group that made Planned Parenthood videos

Let's just ignore this:

Quote:
Planned Parenthood has previously said that the fake company sent an agreement offering to pay the "astronomical amount" of $1,600 for organs from a fetus. The clinic said it never entered into the agreement and ceased contact with BioMax because it was "disturbed" by the overtures.

And this:

Quote:
Nichole Surkala, who is listed as the center's contact if it is sued, was convicted in California in 2007 of willful cruelty to her 12-year-old son, according to court papers. Police found she kept a horse and seven dogs in a house in Modesto that was filled with animal feces and rotting produce.

Good Christian people.

Old 01-26-2016, 05:42 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
I don't understand why we keep debating abortion. I've known anyone who wasn't completely committed to their view. I've accepted that this is one of the topics where you're not going to change anyone's mind just like no one will change your mind.
The good Christians keep debating abortion. They will not settle for it being the law. I find it strange that they aren't concerned with the born, unless of course they are on welfare. Strange...

Old 01-26-2016, 05:49 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The videos will have to be played over and over again. Maybe more people will watch them this time. Not what PP wants but oh well.
If playing the videos "over and over" garners similar results as the Houston findings elsewhere, I doubt PP will mind overmuch.

What is the lead story this morning?
A recap: "NO wrongdoing by Planned Parenthood - filmmaker faces FELONY charges."

Old 01-26-2016, 05:52 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
The good Christians keep debating abortion. They will not settle for it being the law. I find it strange that they aren't concerned with the born, unless of course they are on welfare. Strange...
As long as they foolishly believe that banning any and all abortions, no exceptions, will actually stop abortions from happening they won't give up this fight.

Old 01-26-2016, 05:57 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Not if they were doing all that.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:01 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
The Texas governor and the Fox News are in denial, other investigation are proceeding, really. Around 10 states have already completed their investigations and found PP innocent.

I believe that this county in Texas went the extra mile with the grand jury, they have no one to blame but themselves. Curious of the details regarding how the Harris County DA came to convene the grand jury.

"Austin, TX – Governor Greg Abbott today released a statement on the Planned Parenthood investigation in Harris County.
“The Health and Human Service Commission’s Inspector General and the Attorney General’s office have an ongoing investigation into Planned Parenthood’s actions,” said Governor Abbott. “Nothing about today’s announcement in Harris County impacts the state’s ongoing investigation. The State of Texas will continue to protect life, and I will continue to support legislation prohibiting the sale or transfer of fetal tissue.”
Governor Abbott Statement On Planned Parenthood Investigation - Crossroads Today

"Center for Medical Progress founder David Daleiden and center employee Sandra Merritt were charged with felony charges of tampering with a government record. Daleiden was also charged with a misdemeanor count related to purchasing human organs.
Judge Andrew Napolitano said on "The Kelly File" that this is a case of a political prosecutor injecting herself into an issue."

'A Political Hit Job': Judge Nap Blasts Indictments of Anti-Abortion Activists | Fox News Insider

Old 01-26-2016, 06:14 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The Texas governor and the Fox News are in denial, other investigation are proceeding, really. Around 10 states have already completed their investigations and found PP innocent.

I believe that this county in Texas went the extra mile with the grand jury, they have no one to blame but themselves. Curious of the details regarding how the Harris County DA came to convene the grand jury.

"Austin, TX – Governor Greg Abbott today released a statement on the Planned Parenthood investigation in Harris County.
“The Health and Human Service Commission’s Inspector General and the Attorney General’s office have an ongoing investigation into Planned Parenthood’s actions,” said Governor Abbott. “Nothing about today’s announcement in Harris County impacts the state’s ongoing investigation. The State of Texas will continue to protect life, and I will continue to support legislation prohibiting the sale or transfer of fetal tissue.”
Governor Abbott Statement On Planned Parenthood Investigation - Crossroads Today

"Center for Medical Progress founder David Daleiden and center employee Sandra Merritt were charged with felony charges of tampering with a government record. Daleiden was also charged with a misdemeanor count related to purchasing human organs.
Judge Andrew Napolitano said on "The Kelly File" that this is a case of a political prosecutor injecting herself into an issue."

'A Political Hit Job': Judge Nap Blasts Indictments of Anti-Abortion Activists | Fox News Insider
The prosecutor was acting politically but somehow CMP wasn't?
Please.

These people do love their witch hunts don't they?

Old 01-26-2016, 06:53 AM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times
One wonders how this will fly with their first amendment rights.
Assuming the videos are edited, don't other people like the ones that produce exposés like 60 Minutes also edit videos or not show the entire thing?
Heck they did that with an Obama interview. Trying to cover for him, which was politically motivated.
Sharyl Attiksson made that very clear in her book.
So if this group edited/framed the videos in a way for political motives, what is the difference?

Also during the Trayvon Martin incident, the 911 tapes were intentionally edited to make it sound like George Zimmerman brought up TM's race without the 911 operator asking for his race first. Sure the guy/s involved were fired once it all came out. However, as I recall, GZ was not successful in his suit despite it causing him great harm.
I presume 60 Minutes and similar groups have never successfully been prosecuted.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:00 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Default After Planned Parenthood Videos Were Discredited, 2 Abortion Foes Indicted

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/us...=top-news&_r=0

Quote:
HOUSTON — A grand jury here that was investigating accusations of misconduct against Planned Parenthood has instead indicted two abortion opponents who made undercover videos of the organization... on a charge of tampering with a governmental record, a felony, and on a misdemeanor charge related to purchasing human organs.
The record-tampering charges accused Mr. Daleiden and Ms. Merritt of making and presenting fake California driver’s licenses, with the intent to defraud, for their April meeting at Planned Parenthood in Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies