Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 09:00 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times

Advertisements

Ive never understood the desire of these people (mainly Euro-weirdos) to travel to these bizarre 3rd world places. There was recently a case of two Germans person who vanished while hiking in Afghanistan ... yeah you got that right, they were on a hiking trip in AFGHANISTAN

Yeah, we have had cases of tourists killed here in the US while visiting NYC, Puerto Rico, Los Angeles, etc but we actually you know, make efforts to solve these cases and catch those responsible. Right now there is an American retiree missing in Panama and the Panamanian Fuerza Publica (national police) response is "Missing Gringo? Oh well". According to the family they won't even take a missing persons report, nor will they allow the FBI to assist.

My all time favorite was the dummy hipster from Brooklyn who came up with the brilliant idea of riding a motorcycle around Mexico a few years ago. The last known messages from him came from a drug cartel infested part of Mexico after he posted on Twitter that soldiers at a Mexican Army checkpoint advised him to turn around and leave the area, he ignored their warning. His body was later found chopped to pieces in a garbage bag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 09:10 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
What country was it again that experienced two sky scrapers being brought down?

What country was it again that saw a government building with a day care on the ground floor brought down?

What country is it again that experiences a mass shooting nearly every week?

What country is it that sees over 60 people shot every single day?

I guess foreigners should be warned to stay away from that country, eh?
Many americans would be happy if foreigners 'stayed away'.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:49 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
So another hotel attack is going on as we speak. Where you might ask? Well, the hotel is in that tourist hotspot that we all are dying to go: Ouagadougou. The hotel is described as "popular with foreigners". Now, what possible attraction is in Ouagadougou for anyone to go there? And this is not alone. We have Europeans trekking all the way to some Egyptian resort to dip their toes in water then get killed in the hotel lobby.
Some people are attracted to experiences beyond those offered by 3 days in Laughlin, Nevada.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:50 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Many americans would be happy if foreigners 'stayed away'.
I've yet to see Americans turn down a tourist buck if one could be made, but perhaps I've been in the wrong places?

Old 01-16-2016, 05:03 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
I suspect they were there for business. Many Western companies do business in tough countries.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:40 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Some people are attracted to experiences beyond those offered by 3 days in Laughlin, Nevada.
Laughlin: I can see it from my living room window, no "need" to spend even 1 day there for me. lol

Old 01-16-2016, 08:54 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
When that Russian plane was blown out of the sky we found out that Sharm el Sheikh is popular with German and British tourists. This place has been the target of numerous terrorist attacks and they still choose to go there. You want a warm beach, choose somewhere closer to home.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:05 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Laughlin: I can see it from my living room window, no "need" to spend even 1 day there for me. lol
Are you living there permanently? Why?

Old 01-16-2016, 09:48 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Well now we know who has a passport and who doesn't.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:25 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,533 times
People travel for education & research as well, not just for fun. Archaeology, history, culture, science, linguistics, climate, journalism, anthropology, to name a few areas of research. Third world countries hardly have any quality control so you need to pay more for better quality & decent service. So obviously people from first world countries will stay at an expensive hotel & frequent chains like subway, mcdonalds, starbucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies