Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 03:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I read it somewhere on the internet that

If you want to see the truth that the news media is hiding in order to help elect Hillary Clinton, then you must go see this movie. And even if you don’t like the truth, then see it cause it’s a kick ass action flick with real heart and soul. The best of all worlds.

To me I don't need a movie, any movie to tell me Hillary Clinton is a damned liar. but I will go see the movie because it seems like a kick ass action film.
Yet the Ex CIA has discounted the movie version. However, if it fits you desires - you will find it true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
But the SHEEPLE ignore this!!!!
Really. Let me know when ya'll that care SO MUCH intend to investigate the 13 attacks on Embassies under Bush and the 60 day.

I won't hold my breath.

It is fascinating that these four men cause such emotion in you when 4500 American soldiers did not and the aforementioned 60 did not.

You are the very definition of SHEEPLE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I plan on seeing the movie. American Sniper generated this same type of controversy. I have enough information about Benghazi to judge if its pure fiction or not. Zero Dark Thirty could as easily be a "propoganga" piece for Obama as this movie could be for a Republican candidate. I'll make up my mind when I see it.

After the hoopla over American Sniper, and then seeing the movie, I saw it as rather anticlimactic. I expect the same from 13 Hours.
I pretty much felt the same about about American Sniper and Zero Dark Thirty - thought I liked both movies; I just didn't spend my time watching either with my partisan blinders on. I knew they were movies versus reality.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:28 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yet the Ex CIA has discounted the movie version. However, if it fits you desires - you will find it true. .
That is where you are wrong.

I would make my decision AFTER seeing the movie, NOT before.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:35 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
A typical lefties..
As far as a movie is concerned, its top notch awesome action.
Put the politics aside..
3 people with incredible talent and integrity assisted in the production of the movie. They were there..

Old 01-17-2016, 03:35 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Yet the Ex CIA has discounted the movie version.

Breaking News!
Dem believes the CIA.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:42 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
I want their stories to be heard. and I don't know if this film is completely fictional. It seems odd that without seeing the film you have already made your judgment.

odd odd odd

These people did not get their support, and they been left behind. Obviously, it is a fact, not fictional. no?
No. A couple of facts surrounded by fiction and drama, meant to influence decisions of those easily influenced by dramatic films deceptively pushing fiction as fact.

Bad reviews as well.

I don't think it is "odd odd odd" at all. I saw Transformers I, and had enough of Michael Bay to last a lifetime. I do not see films by directors whose work I don't like to begin with. And the reviews are like 1 or 2 stars--films I don't bother seeing, even on cable. Why is it odd not see a film that is getting crummy reviews?

13 Hours film proves director Michael Bay should stick to fiction: review | Toronto Star

13 Hours: Fact-Checking the Benghazi Movie

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...c7d_story.html

Movie Review: Michael Bay's '13 Hours' Is a Simplistic Take on Benghazi - The Atlantic

'13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi' Movie Review | Rolling Stone

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/15/mo...rrer=google_kp

Old 01-17-2016, 03:46 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No. A couple of facts surrounded by fiction and drama, meant to influence decisions of those easily influenced by dramatic films deceptively pushing fiction as fact.

Bad reviews as well.

I don't think it is "odd odd odd" at all. I saw Transformers I, and had enough of Michael Bay to last a lifetime. I do not see films by directors whose work I don't like to begin with. And the reviews are like 1 or 2 stars--films I don't bother seeing, even on cable. Why is it odd not see a film that is getting crummy reviews?

13 Hours film proves director Michael Bay should stick to fiction: review | Toronto Star

13 Hours: Fact-Checking the Benghazi Movie

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...c7d_story.html

Movie Review: Michael Bay's '13 Hours' Is a Simplistic Take on Benghazi - The Atlantic

'13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi' Movie Review | Rolling Stone

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/15/mo...rrer=google_kp
Have you seen the movie? If you haven't, then maybe you should wait till after seeing the movie to pass any type of judgment.

These people have been left behind, it is a FACT, not fictional.

13 hours is a fictional film so it is not going to be 100% fact because after all, it is not documentary. Give film maker benefit of the doubt seems to be a REASONABLE reaction.

By the way, the film was made by so and so, so it is must be fake. - is a logical fallacy. Don't even go there.

All these being said, it is just a film, what are you afraid of? There will always be people who want to see the movie because of the action. I personally, don't need a film to tell me who is a damned liar. These people have been left behind, there are bloody finger printer on the wall over there. This is all I need to know.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:48 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
A typical lefties..
As far as a movie is concerned, its top notch awesome action.
Put the politics aside..
3 people with incredible talent and integrity assisted in the production of the movie. They were there..
It isn't being portrayed as a documentary now is it?

Nor WAS American Sniper; nor WAS Zero Dark Thirty. They were not expected to be the ultimate truth. They were expected to be entertaining.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:49 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
I read it somewhere on the internet that

If you want to see the truth that the news media is hiding in order to help elect Hillary Clinton, then you must go see this movie. And even if you don’t like the truth, then see it cause it’s a kick ass action flick with real heart and soul. The best of all worlds.

To me I don't need a movie, any movie to tell me Hillary Clinton is a damned liar. but I will go see the movie because it seems like a kick ass action film.
Also from the Internet, with citation:

"13 Hours isn’t so much a recreation of the September 11, 2012 Benghazi attack as it is a paean trumpeting the superiority of the American serviceman. In doing so, he creates a Tea Party polemic; a vivid realization of every ethnic and racial stereotype fostered against Middle Easterners filtered through a lens of American Exceptionalism. In trying to make his Black Hawk Down, Michael Bay has inadvertently made his own The Green Berets—as envisioned by Donald Trump."

Movie Review: '13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi' | The Young Folks

It came in fourth at the box office after "Ride-Along 2," "The Revenant," and "Star Wars" and earned $16 million.

Box office: 'Ride Along 2' coasts to No. 1

Old 01-17-2016, 03:52 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
I want their stories to be heard. and I don't know if this film is completely fictional. It seems odd that without seeing the film you have already made your judgment.

odd odd odd

These people did not get their support, and they been left behind. Obviously, it is a fact, not fictional. no?
Because it is a Michael Bay movie and I refuse to give that moron my money. Plus it is a Michael Bay movie, so it is a safe bet it is fictional garbage that won't be telling anyone's story, but will have plenty of big explosion and an incorrect timeline, combined with fictional characters and fictional events that happen to them.

No one is saying Benghazi didn't happen and their weren't people involved in it, but if you are expecting a factual movie from Michael Bay, plan on being disappointed.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:53 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
Quote:
It isn't being portrayed as a documentary now is it?

Nor WAS American Sniper; nor WAS Zero Dark Thirty. They were not expected to be the ultimate truth. They were expected to be entertaining.
Nope, but the movie is trying to portray the individuals who died as factual as possible. Hillary was never mentioned in this movie.
The three survivors want to ensure their brothers were celebrated with honor.
But its strange how the left, left media and some just want to tear it down. Its like these types of movies are the same way Military were treated when they came back from Vietnam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies