Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 02:44 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Have you ever seen a Michael Bay movie? Nothing about this movie will be based on factual information. It will be as bad and about as accurate as his Pearl Harbor movie. Michael Bay is a joke.
Pearl Harbor*(2001) - Rotten Tomatoes
I think each movie should be dealt with individually.

I haven't seen the movie (13 hours), so I really cannot comment on it. That is why I asked nicely, which part of the movie you (the general term you) believe is untrue.

Old 01-17-2016, 02:44 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Benghazi Hero: ‘I Know God Got Me Through’ |Blogs | NCRegister.com

Tiegen said he was angry when he got home and heard what was being reported. “The media twists things the wrong way, and it’s destroying the country,” he said. “Going back to having faith, it’s faith that is going to get you to want to know the truth.”

Old 01-17-2016, 02:46 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think each movie should be dealt with individually.

I haven't seen the movie (13 hours), so I really cannot comment on it. That is why I asked nicely, which part of the movie you (the general term you) believe is untrue.
I won't be seeing it because I don't watch the garbage Michael Bay puts out. Based on his past movies, I would say it is going to be mostly fiction, if you are looking for a movie that is based on actual true events, then you might want to look elsewhere.

Old 01-17-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I won't be seeing it because I don't watch the garbage Michael Bay puts out. Based on his past movies, I would say it is going to be mostly fiction, if you are looking for a movie that is based on actual true events, then you might want to look elsewhere.
I have some knowledge about U.S. Military special operation, so if the movie is completely untrue, I think I would know it. My brother guarded U.S. embassies when he was in the Marine Corps. So Benghazi is a sensitive and personal subject for me.

I would watch the movie and would give the film maker benefits of the doubt. I read it somewhere that 13 Hours captures not only the fighting spirit of the warriors who stand for American values in a world of external totalitarianism and internal political corruption, but the human heart of those men, not perfect, but human, whose families and children also sacrifice for our safety.

I heard in the movie, You'll see that Chris Stevens and the CIA chief kept calling for help, any kind of help. F-16s 45 minutes away, rescue 20 minutes away, A Blackhawk helicopter, even a lousy flyover. They asked for assistance, support, backup, they didn't get it. These people have been left behind. I don't know if I am going to break down and cry.

Old 01-17-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I have some knowledge about U.S. Military special operation, so if the movie is completely untrue, I think I would know it. My brother guarded U.S. embassies when he was in the Marine Corps. So Benghazi is a sensitive and personal subject for me.

I would watch the movie and would give the film maker benefits of the doubt. I read it somewhere that 13 Hours captures not only the fighting spirit of the warriors who stand for American values in a world of external totalitarianism and internal political corruption, but the human heart of those men, not perfect, but human, whose families and children also sacrifice for our safety.

I heard in the movie, You'll see that Chris Stevens and the CIA chief kept calling for help, any kind of help. F-16s 45 minutes away, rescue 20 minutes away, A Blackhawk helicopter, even a lousy flyover. They asked for assistance, support, backup, they didn't get it.
Well when you see it, you should give us your review. But I can bet you about 90-95% of it will be fictional, as in none of it happened that way.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Well when you see it, you should give us your review. But I can bet you about 90-95% of it will be fictional, as in none of it happened that way.
Fictional or not fictional. These people have been left behind. They asked for help, assistance, backup support they didn't get it.

Yes, I want Americans to hear their stories. Their stories deserve to be told.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:03 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Has he done Transformers VI yet?

Old 01-17-2016, 03:07 PM

I read it somewhere on the internet that

If you want to see the truth that the news media is hiding in order to help elect Hillary Clinton, then you must go see this movie. And even if you don’t like the truth, then see it cause it’s a kick ass action flick with real heart and soul. The best of all worlds.

To me I don't need a movie, any movie to tell me Hillary Clinton is a damned liar. but I will go see the movie because it seems like a kick ass action film.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Fictional or not fictional. These people have been left behind. They asked for help, assistance, backup support they didn't get it.

Yes, I want Americans to hear their stories. Their stories deserve to be told.
So you want people to hear their stories in a fictional movie? That seems odd, I would think you would rather they read the book that might actually be more accurate that the explosive diarrhea that is Michael Bay.

But if it makes you feel better, they are marketing this movie to right wingers, so I am sure you will enjoy it and think it is completely true.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
So you want people to hear their stories in a fictional movie? That seems odd, I would think you would rather they read the book that might actually be more accurate that the explosive diarrhea that is Michael Bay.

But if it makes you feel better, they are marketing this movie to right wingers, so I am sure you will enjoy it and think it is completely true.
I want their stories to be heard. and I don't know if this film is completely fictional. It seems odd that without seeing the film you have already made your judgment.

odd odd odd

These people did not get their support, and they been left behind. Obviously, it is a fact, not fictional. no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies