Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 02:43 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
I have found that the people that complain the most about taxation are paying a less than 15% effective tax rate on their personal income at years end after filing and after all deductions. The biggest complainers usually make the least money and in the end sometimes pay no tax at all, some receive refunds significantly larger that their contributions and still complain...WTF! Do you even know what your real tax rate is? Or do you just hear and read these large numbers someone somewhere may be paying and debate on their behalf just for the sake of complaining? Are you the type that thinks paying even one dollar is to much? You'd rather just pass the expense on to the next guy...right? Don't be a free-loader...pay your way and stop whining!
Remember millions of bottom feeders are counting on your tax dollars.

Childless full time minimum wage workers pay an effective FIT rate below 4% and I think they have a perfect right to complain, given the fact they are unable to save 1% for retirement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 02:52 PM

248 posts, read 172,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Your post is garbage. People who pay little don't complain nearly as much as those that pay more.
Well that doesn't seem to be the case as I have proven by re-posting another mans post here. He complains about paying a 0% effective tax rate....are you lost?
If you mean property tax when you say real estate taxes, everyone pays real estate taxes.
I never said anything about property or real estate taxes...are you lost?
Yea everyone keep paying. Since you're so gung ho I bet you pay more than you owe right? pfffftt
That's what I want to do, pay into the Federal government for sub par quality, for things that I'll never use and never benefit from.
Do as you're told mundane.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess your effective tax rate is 0% and you don't even know it...another fine display...too funny!
My replies are in red above...just in case you're LOST.

Old 01-16-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Childless full time minimum wage workers pay an effective FIT rate below 4% and I think they have a perfect right to complain, given the fact they are unable to save 1% for retirement.
I'd say you chose the wrong field of work if you're old enough to seriously be thinking about retirement and aren't able to save any money. Nobody's fault but your own. This is a democracy...you have to make your own choices and hold yourself accountable for bad choices you may make along the way. I believe that minimum wage jobs and or entry level jobs should be reserved for children / teens and not 40 year old immigrants.

Old 01-16-2016, 03:10 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry
Your post is garbage. People who pay little don't complain nearly as much as those that pay more.
Well that doesn't seem to be the case as I have proven by re-posting another mans post here. He complains about paying a 0% effective tax rate....are you lost?
If you mean property tax when you say real estate taxes, everyone pays real estate taxes.
Yea everyone keep paying. Since you're so gung ho I bet you pay more than you owe right? pfffftt
That's what I want to do, pay into the Federal government for sub par quality, for things that I'll never use and never benefit from.
Do as you're told mundane.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess your effective tax rate is 0% and you don't even know it...another fine display...too funny!

My replies are in red above...just in case you're LOST.
My replies are posted here because I KNOW YOU are lost.

Quote:
LMAO One post on YOUR inaccurate perception on C and D means it covers it? hahahahahahahahha
You'll never find your way if you rely on ignorance.

Quote:
your quote "Do you even know what your real tax rate is?"
Property tax is a real tax everyone pays it

Quote:

If going out on a limb means falsely testifying because you have no proof, then yes you are going so far out on a limb you fell out of the tree and hit every ignorance branch on the way down.
I love the irony in your name. Stop trolling

Old 01-16-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
My replies are posted here because I KNOW YOU are lost.

LMAO One post on YOUR inaccurate perception on C and D means it covers it? hahahahahahahahha

Property tax is a real tax everyone pays it

If going out on a limb means falsely testifying because you have no proof, then yes you are going so far out on a limb you fell out of the tree and hit every ignorance branch on the way down.
I love the irony in your name. Stop trolling

WOW...Mama always said:
"Some people will say things...not to make sense...just to say things."
"You can't reason with the unreasonable."
"You can't teach the unteachable."
"Common sense isn't always common."
"Sometimes you're better off spending your time watching the grass grow."

Thanks for proving her right once again.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:58 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,355,152 times
I think anyone happy about paying taxes has Stockholm syndrome. "I'm happy to have my earnings taken by force to pay for things that other people want." If you want the services your taxes currently pay for, then pay for it out of your own free will.

I shouldn't have to explain this, but I know it's coming..."so I guess you won't mind living without roads, schools, fire and police department, etc." No, I'm saying that the government shouldn't have a monopoly on certain services that forces you into paying for their garbage services or going without it completely. Introduce some competition and let me choose which one I want to pay for.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:07 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Do you whine and complain about paying taxes?

No, even though it has put me in a tight spot a couple of times. I'd like to see tax dollars spent more wisely, though. Like on repairing/improving infrastructure here in the USA to benefit the public, instead of creating more bomb craters in the middle east.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:34 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Maybe the o.p. should start a thread asking "do you whine and complain about getting mugged (or raped, robbed)"?

Old 01-16-2016, 06:59 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
I'd say you chose the wrong field of work if you're old enough to seriously be thinking about retirement and aren't able to save any money. Nobody's fault but your own. This is a democracy...you have to make your own choices and hold yourself accountable for bad choices you may make along the way. I believe that minimum wage jobs and or entry level jobs should be reserved for children / teens and not 40 year old immigrants.

The great thing about capitalism is that it's up to employers and a growing number of employers disagree with you.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:05 PM

639 posts, read 579,504 times
Quote:
"I think I should have the constitutional right to decide not to pay any income tax at all yet still be able to use all amenities payed for by law-abiding taxpayers including but not limited to the freedom the taxpayer funded military provides for me."

Do you think people realize how ignorant this sounds?
To be fair, local taxes also need to be added in. I do think people have a point if there complaining about how there being spent. but yes, most people probably have know idea what they pay overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies