Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 03:35 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
It also highlights ignorance when someone puts cannabis in the same category as those other plants.

good job derailing the thread!!! you blame weed for everything, the thread is about overdose deaths.. but all you rag about is weed!!! all the over dose deaths are cased by all the other drugs like alcohol, prescription drugs of all sorts, meth, heroin, synthetics, and countless other man made concoctions.. but not weed.!!! 0 documented overdose deaths associated with reefer madness..

oh by the way how's that job with big pharma

oops this post was directed to fin

Last edited by cruxan; 01-18-2016 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: mistake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 03:43 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, links prove my statement 100%. Keep telling yourself it is harmless. You are free to believe whatever you want.
No, actually they don't.

You're incorrect again, Finn.

Old 01-19-2016, 05:53 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
How many people overdose and die from marijuana each year? I'll answer, none. It has nothing to do with that and everything to do with a medicated society that turns to prescription drugs for the quick fix and not addressing the cause.

Who said drug overdose due to marijuana, but many people start with that along with alcohol or opioids. Over prescription is yet another issue

Quote:
Look to Portugal to find your answer. You might not like that as it disagrees with you.
Portugal's decriminalization came with some pretty significant changes in drug treatment and their welfare system, quite different than the US.

Quote:
Do adults need to be responsible and do we really need more freedoms? The answer to both is yes.
We already know that adults are not responsible that is why we are having a discussion, how exactly do you hold a heroin addict or drug abuser responsible.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:24 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Then ask yourself where is the heroin coming from, Mexico. My question is where are the poppies coming from in order for the Mexican drug cartels ability to process them into heroin? Is it Mexico or perhaps its Afghanistan? I believe its Afghanistan. I hope that is not the case.

I recall a few years ago the US and Mexico came to an agreement pertaining to Mexican tractor trailers in which they will be allowed to cross our borders much more frequency with much less US regulations involved......see a pattern? I hope there isn't one.
Pattern? Drugs have been coming into America for a long time.

The issue is its no longer in the inner city now the suburban soccer mom is popping pills and her kids are scoring heroin in those good schools.

I have a co-worker who moved to a rich part of town so her kids could go to a nice school and she said it was the worst decision she ever made. The drug problem in these nice schools is serious business.

Heroin is cheaper than oxy, weed, xanys, etc..

Old 01-19-2016, 07:50 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Who said drug overdose due to marijuana, but many people start with that along with alcohol or opioids.
Many start drinking milk before going to heroin. Ban milk.

Quote:
Over prescription is yet another issue
Of course it isn't. Except for the FACT that it is much worse for you. But since government said those meds are okay we should look the other way when deaths and crimes are committed on those drugs?

Quote:
Portugal's decriminalization came with some pretty significant changes in drug treatment and their welfare system, quite different than the US.
Agreed, They treat causes instead of reacting to symptoms. However what I said Portugal and the marijuana issue is absolutely correct.

Quote:
We already know that adults are not responsible that is why we are having a discussion,
Of course they're held responsible. The problem is our prison system that puts non violent drug offenders in jail when no ones rights have been violated.

Quote:
how exactly do you hold a heroin addict or drug abuser responsible.
The same way one holds someone who abuses prescription drugs responsible. It's a disease. So we should through alcoholics in jail? More people die of prescription drug overdoses every year than in automobile accidents. But they are government deemed legal and as long as government says everythings peachy right? Thank you government for looking out for me since I can't decide for myself. Maybe government should get involved even more with running our daily lives? No!

Old 01-20-2016, 12:05 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,649,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
Not surprising.

Rural, conservative areas of the country are very boring and low-energy. Not much going on these days except teen pregnancies and meth.
you forgot rampant alcoholism.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:36 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/17/sc...pgtype=article

While death rates for Blacks and Hispanics continue to decline there is a surge in White death rates. The leading cause is drug overdoses, which is up 20%+
Read an interesting article on this that tied this to the tremendous job loss in the middle class. Good manufacturing jobs and others going overseas with trade agreements. People get depressed, no job, can't be the bread winner anymore and turn to alcohol and drugs.

Old 01-20-2016, 02:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Pattern? Drugs have been coming into America for a long time.

The issue is its no longer in the inner city now the suburban soccer mom is popping pills and her kids are scoring heroin in those good schools.

I have a co-worker who moved to a rich part of town so her kids could go to a nice school and she said it was the worst decision she ever made. The drug problem in these nice schools is serious business.

Heroin is cheaper than oxy, weed, xanys, etc..
The suburbanites have ALWAYS been the inner city drug dealers biggest customer base.

I'm surprised that people didn't know that.

Old 01-20-2016, 02:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm not excusing people using drugs but to say that an increasingly depressing, broken society for whites isn't a major pressure is ignoring reality. That people use drugs to feel good is not a variable and is a constant. If a Dr. knowingly facilitates drug abuse how can we say contempt isn't at play?
Stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies