Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 01:11 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,629,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
they have to recreate their image and drop "gayness" as a platform issue and become more relevant to the younger and more diverse American population.
Just found are breezed through the 2008 Republican Party Platform-and didn't see the word 'gay' or 'homosexual' mentioned once. Maybe you should take a read....I have to notate that I did not read each and every word but am 99% sure no mention of the above.

Sounds like a personal issue.

Anyway, thanks for the mention because had I not read your post, I never would thought to look up the link!!

Here it is:

Republican Party Platforms: 2008 Republican Party Platform
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 01:20 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,946 times
Another GOP governor insisting on operating his state's levers (refusing Federal money) though they be on a sinking GOP ship:
SC Gov. Sanford set to reject stimulus millions (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090313/ap_on_re_us/sanford_stimulus - broken link)

On the other hand, compare and contrast the decisions of a CEO of a major Boston hospital:
http://www.sodahead.com/blog/48863/a...ive-to-layoff/

Old 03-13-2009, 01:23 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Parties naturally reevaluate and go through changes after losing an election. I hope they make a lot of changes and wish the Democrats would too.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:25 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Cool Rip gop

I used to like the GOP. I voted Republican many times. I've voted Democratic once. I'll probably never vote Republican again.

So far, the GOP has denied responsibility for ruining the economy when they very clearly did. They've bungled two wars, one totally trumped up. They've paraded a bunch of service-avoiding chickenhawks as possible leaders. They lick Limbaugh's boots. They've tried in a very childish way to trot out a couple of men of color and very clearly did not want to. Now, they're trying to resurrect that basket case Gingrich.

Those are enough bad moves to last a large organization for a decade. And they've done it all in 4 months.

Hasta la vista, baby!

Old 03-13-2009, 01:32 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,946 times
Perfectly said. Bravo! (can't rep you today)

Old 03-13-2009, 05:15 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,980,642 times
Default Republican all the way!! He he!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Here lies the Great Ass called the Democratic Party

It was composed of the lesbian sorority,

The Rainbow Coalition, the unpatriotic Sons of Sedition,

The crack dealers and the welfare ambitious,

The rock throwers and loud-mouth abortionists,

The Forever-Victims-Cult and the racial extortionists.

They may once have possessed some speck of humanity

But they sold their souls to the Obama insanity.

RIP!

The Repubs failed!

1. They were in power for 8 years. We are now in a Recession!- Fact

2. The Rich Flourished. Tax Breaks. BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

3. The Poor as you call it welfare moms are always blamed for U.S. Problems.
4. Wasn't there a Repub that was caught in a bathroom stall soliciting sex from a man?
5. Rush is a Oxycontin Drug Addict!

6. Liars are the Elephants! They Promise Plenty. They only offered Tax Breaks for Madoff and other Liars That cause people to lose their Homes.

Last edited by Mr. Opinion; 03-13-2009 at 05:27 PM..

Old 03-13-2009, 05:23 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,980,642 times
Default I'm not a ASS aka Donkey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
"Friends and Family"!

Here lie's the Elephant!-which will no doubt be revived by the stupidity of the donkey currently in power

He had morals.-who is casting this judgement, the current power holders? Then he still has morals in comparison to them.

He once stood for all.-even dying he still does since the donkey won't stand up for anything except graft and tax evasion.

Now he stands for Drug addicts, Racist, Rich Folk and Liars.-ok, the rich folks part is a truth, but the others is going too far-drug addicts is the donkey territory, racist? -are you serious, no leader in the GOP ever attended a church by a white preacher who made racial remarks at black people the way-the current Donkey master Obama did in attending Rev. Wright's temple of sham and shame! As for the lying part, the donkey folks wrote the book on lying long ago. So, this is an area, the elephant will soon be rising way ahead of the jackass.

Have mercy on this beast.-the beast doesn't need mercy, the donkey will once enough Americans realize they have been taken for suckers by the ObamClintons

Any last words for this party?-oh the last words will be coming soon enough, and they will be "Put that Donkey out to pasture."

Right now the casket is being lowered and I do not see any person willing to stop it from hitting the dirt.-are you serious, the donkey is lowering the casket, but the elephant is not in it-what is being buried is the false promises of the donkey chiefdom.

Some Say Rush. Not-Rush is the leader of extremists, it is good for the donkey to focus on him, it allows some protection for decent leaders to begin rising up without being bashed from the get go by the Obama Donkey folks.

Some Say Jindal Sike.....-another smokescreen, the elephant has the goal in sight, and the goal will be to end the donkey lies once and for all.

Throw your flower please, who will be the next leader?-this could be easy, since we currently have no leader now-only a Commander-in-Thief.

The Elephants Lost the trust of 54% of Americans!

This is true, that's why Obama is President.

Ask yourself what do the Elephants stand for? To me it's only for the Rich.

All they do is Blame Welfare moms!

Why don't they start blaming Wall Street corrupt investors, Banks that knowingly swindle people to get Sub prime Mortgages.

I look at them now on TV with there beady Eyes.

All they do now is say No.

For 8 years they said yes to the corrupt and the wicked!

Old 03-13-2009, 05:42 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Thumbs up .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I used to like the GOP. I voted Republican many times. I've voted Democratic once. I'll probably never vote Republican again.

So far, the GOP has denied responsibility for ruining the economy when they very clearly did. They've bungled two wars, one totally trumped up. They've paraded a bunch of service-avoiding chickenhawks as possible leaders. They lick Limbaugh's boots. They've tried in a very childish way to trot out a couple of men of color and very clearly did not want to. Now, they're trying to resurrect that basket case Gingrich.

Those are enough bad moves to last a large organization for a decade. And they've done it all in 4 months.

Hasta la vista, baby!
Well said!

Old 03-13-2009, 05:43 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
The Repubs failed!

1. They were in power for 8 years. We are now in a Recession!- Fact

2. The Rich Flourished. Tax Breaks. BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

3. The Poor as you call it welfare moms are always blamed for The U.S. Problems.
4. Wasn't there a Repub that was caught in a bathroom stall soliciting sex from a man?
5. Rush is a Oxycontin Drug Addict!

6. Liars are the Elephants! They Promise Plenty, But offered Tax Breaks for Madoff and other Liars That cause people to lose their Homes.
1-the recession after 8 years of power ----it is obvious that you are a Democrat and do not realize that the business cycle is unrelated to the political cycle (until you have ACORN and Barney Frank designing mortgage lending stipulations,........ then it is related)

2-the rich flourished-----the rich always flourish, until you overtax them, and then the poor suffer (more than ever) along with the rich, whose capital stagnates or migrates (why is this so hard to comprehend for Dems?)

3-welfare moms are always blamed for U.S. problems---so, you think that welfare moms are part of the SOLUTION?

4-Repub caught in the bathroom----there are least 54 Democrats soliciting sex in male toilets per one Repub

5-Rush is an Oxycontin addict----Rush seems much more lucid than any Democrat I have heard speak. Perhaps they need to put down the koolaid and try the Oxycontin.

6-Liars are Elephants---I have never seen an elephant speak, but I know some Asses that pushed for the poor to take on home ownership without a decent job and without a down payment!

Empty heads bring on empty opinions.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:44 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Don't count the GOP out yet. I'm not saying that as a supporter
But political parties have ways of resurrecting themselves. Anything could happen.
The Republican Party isn't going to "die" but they have wounded themselves by being liars, hypocrites, and they've turned into a party of crazy anti-science know nothings and religious fundamentalists. If they insist on remaining on the extreme right then they'll essentially become a southern regional party focusing on nativism, religion, and little else.

So far they show no sign of moving to the center and instead think if they just became more bat**** crazy/extreme right that they'll magically start winning elections. That won't work because most of the country isn't bat**** crazy or extreme right so they need to have their platform more aligned with what the average American voter wants or they won't win elections. If they lose one more seat in the senate (and they likely will in 2010) then they won't even have the ability to filibuster any more and at that point they really will be irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies