Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 05:18 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
ACA was designed to fail, so we would go with a single payer system.
Sorry, but I do not believe that conspiracy theory.
Our government is run by corporations.
The same ones that brought us Wall Street Bail Outs, NAFTA, GATT, China Trade and now the TPP.

The Health Insurance Industry donates more than any other industry to politicians.

How Corporate Lobbyists Conquered American Democracy - The Atlantic

How Corporate Lobbyists Conquered American Democracy
Business didn't always have so much power in Washington.

Quote:
Rather, business lobbying has built itself up over time, and the self-reinforcing quality of corporate lobbying has increasingly come to overwhelm every other potentially countervailing force. It has also fundamentally changed how corporations interact with government—rather than trying to keep government out of its business (as they did for a long time), companies are now increasingly bringing government in as a partner, looking to see what the country can do for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 05:19 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
These people had insurance prior to Obamacare. They could afford it then and it provided benefit. Now it doesn't. This speaks for itself. Obviously you have never tried to run a small business.

Of course you make every and any excuse for Obama, but like everything else you post on CD, it has no basis in reality.
The percentage of people without insurance before ACA would beg to differ. I don't know why the OP needs to blame Obama for something his employer is doing to him.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:20 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You can thank the democrats for it, ACA is 100% their baby. They could have passed whatever healthcare reform the wanted and Obamacare is what they shoved down the American peoples throats.
Please, they barely passed this, there is no way they could have managed single payer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Our premium went from $750 per month to $1,020 per month. Do the math and I'm nowhere near Alaska.
And? Results may vary, the bottom line is still that the average increase was nowhere near 30%. This is not that complex.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:21 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
We have Obamacare exactly because of corporate healthcare and insurance lobbyists

Old 01-17-2016, 05:21 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Obamacare was designed by criminals. Remember Gruber?

Old 01-17-2016, 05:29 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Time for a National Healthcare system (Medicare for everyone) with price controls. Thank you for driving that point home.

Medicare keeps costs down

Ok, but won`t we have to increase the back door reimbursements to doctors in order to continue these highly effective price controls?

Senate overwhelmingly approves 'doc fix' | TheHill

Nothing government does is efficient because government is only accountable to government.

My BC/BS pays for almost everything and no one has to prop it up except my employer who pays 100%of my premiums.

If everyone had what I have, there would be no health insurance issue.

This the way it used to be before we enacted NAFTA and the 2000 China Trade Act with our borders effectively open to anyone who wants to come here and run up the bills.

Want a simple solution?

Here it is.

End our ****ty give-away trade deals.

Kick out all the illegals, end H1-B visas and reduce legal immigration to a trickle.

Then, when employers are finally forced to pay a wage ordinary workers can live on and provide health insurance that actually covers most medical expenses, we can reform the system without a gun to our head.

Beyond Constitutional issues, a personal mandate makes sense only if there is a way for ordinary working Americans to obtain the insurance, and isn`t going to happen when every Juan, Deepak and Hadrami is in the US giving employers the upper hand.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:34 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually your employer is causing the rates to rise by increasing your rates.
I'm self employed. How did myself raise my premiums? I guess I should ask myself that question, hang on...

Myself just responded and said they did not increase my premium.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:39 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
I'm self employed. How did myself raise my premiums? I guess I should ask myself that question, hang on...

Myself just responded and said they did not increase my premium.
That is the joy of being self employed. I am sure if you were self employed before ACA, I am sure this isn't the first time you saw your premiums go up.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:39 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
The ACA is causing the rates to rise.
Meanwhile, back on planet earth, a silver plan costs 3.6% more than in 2015, before tax credits. After tax credits, the number is actually -0.7%.

Analysis of 2016 Premium Changes in the Affordable Care Act

Overall premium increases are the lowest they've been in years (3.75% for 2015, 2.4% for 2014).

Premium growth averaged 8.42% per year during Bush's presidency. Compare that to 4.16% for Obama.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:46 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Meanwhile, back on planet earth, a silver plan costs 3.6% more than in 2015, before tax credits. After tax credits, the number is actually -0.7%.

Analysis of 2016 Premium Changes in the Affordable Care Act

Overall premium increases are the lowest they've been in years (3.75% for 2015, 2.4% for 2014).

Premium growth averaged 8.42% per year during Bush's presidency. Compare that to 4.16% for Obama.
Nice post. I'll take the full picture over personal anecdotes from right-wingers any time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies