Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 07:51 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
No, issues such as the preference to higher white men with criminal records rather than a "black" man with the same qualifications and no criminal record is why the unemployment rate is higher for "blacks" than whites. Whites have, as always, had there own affirmative action program. You have a anti-minority mindset, so you want to blame Latinos for the actions of whites that negatively affect "blacks."
Of course it is. Do you actually think a decent percentage of those south of the border that come here have degrees? They are taking jobs that blacks usually worked.
You have no proof whatsoever that the qualifications are the same. Just that one has a record and the other doesn't. What kind of record? What crime? You don't know.
That poster isn't the one here with an anti race mindset. I've read your posts.

"so you want to blame Latinos for the actions of whites"

This one is another example of your bigotry. All encompassing right? pfftt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 10:07 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Asian-Americans, especially the first and second generations don't have much connection to corporate America, but because they work hard, and highly educated, they are doing just fine.
1. This benefit is not just corporate America. The networking effect happens everywhere from blue-collar jobs to non-profits to small businesses.

2. Asians associate with White America more heavily than any other minority. I don't know how or why, but they managed to skate past the systemic segregation that divided most of White, Black, and Hispanic America.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:41 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkinhead View Post
Bernie Sanders Tweated this today

"The black unemployment rate has remained roughly twice as high as the white rate over the last 40 years. This is unacceptable."

So how does he plan on fixing this? Let me guess, by giving us more free stuff As an educated black man, the notion that more social programs is the answer to inequality in regards to race is an absolute joke. I'm sorry, but being poor should suck. Many of my AA relatives have been working the system for years. They don't work because their quality of life is better by just sitting on their butts and milking the system.

When will the Black Community finally see through this nonsense that perpetually keeps the Black man down.?
Please excuse me if you feel I made off topic post.

I would like to say something about Bernie sanders, not much about black unemployment rate.

In my humble opinion, Bernie Sanders has very unique problem, or shall I say? Challenge.

At least majority of whites, blacks and Hispanics have an opinion of Hillary Clinton, Lesser-known candidates also have similar name recognition among both whites and non-whites. Martin O’Malley and Jim Webb, for instance, show little gap in name recognition among the different demographic groups.

According to the latest findings from Public Policy Polling, 65 percent of black voters support Clinton while only 14 percent back Sanders. It looks like majority of the black folks haven't really felt the Bern.

The concern is that there is a belief that his campaign is operating on the assumption that its candidate doesn’t have to do the work of connecting emotionally with black voters and earning their trust.

Personally, I respect Bernie as a person, but his economic policy is a total disaster.

I read an article online (and if you don't disagree with this opinion, please do not attack the messager, ME)

it says that Black Lives Matter Movement Redefines How Politicians Earn Black Vote

The protest movement is the factor that may well determine which Democratic candidate wins the black vote.

I was rather shocked reading it, but I also understand the reason why.

Deray Mckesson, one of the movement’s most well-known protesters, who is not affiliated with any organization, is finalizing plans to meet with Sanders and other presidential candidates. The fact that presidential candidates are being forced to speak with nontraditional black power brokers proves leaderless protesting can be a powerful political weapon.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:47 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupBro View Post
Yet those posts are so rarely deleted or edited. So strange!
Very strange. But I expect it by now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I disagree with your segregationist views and you bringing up the slavery card.

We are all in this together.
Lol...no we aren't.

You guys say that only when you want to underscore points in an argument. No one believes that. I doubt that you do either.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:59 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:

"The black unemployment rate has remained roughly twice as high as the white rate over the last 40 years. This is unacceptable."

So how does he plan on fixing this? Let me guess, by giving us more free stuff As an educated black man, the notion that more social programs is the answer to inequality in regards to race is an absolute joke. I'm sorry, but being poor should suck. Many of my AA relatives have been working the system for years. They don't work because their quality of life is better by just sitting on their butts and milking the system.

When will the Black Community finally see through this nonsense that perpetually keeps the Black man down.?
It's the minimum wage to fault. It really is that simple. The minimum wage was invented by racists to keep poor and low paid workers (read: minorities) from taking good paying White jobs. British Columbia, Australia, Apartheid South Africa, United States, it's always implemented to keep minorities out of the work force & it always works. Since the full scale implementation in the US we've gone from Blacks being equal to Whites in workforce participation to what we see currently & it's not a coincidence. This of course doesn't count the MILLIONS of long term unemployed who are no longer counted in the unemployment numbers (nice trick Bill Clinton!). Fast forward to today and most progressives don't even understand the history of their movement so they're unaware of the motivations behind the policies they support today. i.e. modern progressives don't support the minimum wage because they're racists, they just don't understand why it was implemented in the first place. Once they do understand they say "Yeah but...that's not why we support it today". The minimum wage is a tool. It always does the same thing. Like a hammer. It doesn't matte5r if it's a mean, racist hammer, or a kind benevolent hammer, it pounds nails just the same.

Old 01-18-2016, 12:18 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
It's the minimum wage to fault. It really is that simple. The minimum wage was invented by racists to keep poor and low paid workers (read: minorities) from taking good paying White jobs. British Columbia, Australia, Apartheid South Africa, United States, it's always implemented to keep minorities out of the work force & it always works. Since the full scale implementation in the US we've gone from Blacks being equal to Whites in workforce participation to what we see currently & it's not a coincidence. This of course doesn't count the MILLIONS of long term unemployed who are no longer counted in the unemployment numbers (nice trick Bill Clinton!). Fast forward to today and most progressives don't even understand the history of their movement so they're unaware of the motivations behind the policies they support today. i.e. modern progressives don't support the minimum wage because they're racists, they just don't understand why it was implemented in the first place. Once they do understand they say "Yeah but...that's not why we support it today". The minimum wage is a tool. It always does the same thing. Like a hammer. It doesn't matte5r if it's a mean, racist hammer, or a kind benevolent hammer, it pounds nails just the same.
Show me this data. And if you can't, then explain to why Blacks working at pennies to the dollar of White workers was a good deal for Blacks.

Old 01-18-2016, 12:32 PM

872 posts, read 828,115 times
Quote:

Honestly, I have seen this in all races in the 18-25 group. There is no motivation to get a job....none.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:45 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Originally Posted by steven_h
Yea, because we have so many white supremacists hanging out in here

I think Bernie makes a good point. Black unemployment has been at all time highs, and especially for the 18-25 demographic where the participation rates are horrible at under 30%.

Here are the USDL employment tables
Table A-2. Employment status of the civilian population by race, sex, and age

It's kind of ironic that black lives have suffered worse under Obama than any prior President since Carter... sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Oh we do have them here, trust me. I wonder what exactly he has done to hurt black employment or black people as a whole for that matter. What do your propose anyone do to boast black employment??
That some may be here is ignorable. They (white supremacists) are a teeny tiny demographic of the people here (<.01% at most), so it was disingenuous to even bring them up.

Next: He has increased welfare which is the worst thing to do. People need to have avenues to get off welfare. He promised shovel ready jobs which is exactly what was needed. He then made a joke about how "those millions of shovel ready jobs didn't exist...ha ha"

We spent trillions shoring up the "too big to fails" to preserve the wealth of the wealthy, on the backs of the poor and middle class.

Look, I'm totally non-partisan on this. BOTH sides are screwing the citizenry with equal abandon.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:48 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Yet Black people continue to mindlessly vote for Democrats who are quite happy to keep them on that Democrat Plantation. Obama has been in office for 8 years and he has done nothing for this demographic except to make them worse off.

In 2016 they will again mindlessly vote for King Hillary, who will do nothing for them once she is sitting on the Throne, and nothing will change. And if they think this woman cares about them, then I encourage any African American to try and gain entrance to one of her society parties in the Hamptons. You will be directed to the "servant" entrance.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:58 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Well, if we follow standard US government honesty in reporting unemployment....can't we just stop counting a bunch of blacks that are without a job and have something like the letters E or A in their last name?

That would really slash the black unemployment rate and we could then talk about what a great job we did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies