Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 03:08 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,202,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
His quote was correct.
2 Corinthians 3:17New King James Version (NKJV) 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

They didn't start to chuckle and cheer until he accidentally said college and then quickly corrected himself and said university.

I was raised catholic and many people in the congregation called them either wafers or crackers.

Maybe someone should teach you the difference between a quote and a writers comment. Trump didn't make that comment, the writer of the article did.

Thread fail.
Sorry, dude, but you are prevaricating when you claim to have been "raised Catholic" and heard the Host referred to as "wafers or crackers" -- unless you were a little kid when you left the Church -- and then your statement is still untrue.

Catholics refer to themselves and their co-religionists as "Catholics", not "people in the congregation". Furthermore, the Host is the Host, and that's how Catholics refer to it when they are talking about it being used in a Mass. It's referred to sometimes as the "Communion wafer" when it's used in a secular, non-religious way, such as "Sister Joan, please check to see that there's an ample supply of Communion wafers for the holiday Masses". It is NEVER, EVER, EVER referred to by anybody raised Catholic as a "cracker".

I may not be a Catholic now, but I know the religion I was raised in, and what you described ain't it.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:10 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
It doesn't bother any of you how much he panders? Yeah no one wants a priest for a president but cmon this is pandering to the tenth degree.
Right-wingers are too busy dreaming about Muslim bans and mass deportations to focus on the idiocy that comes out of Durr Fuhrer's mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
The liberals are the ones whining about separation of church and state, not right wingers, and now you whine that our future president allegedly read a Bible verse incorrectly?
Conservatives have a bad habit of confusing mockery with whining. Anti-Trump posters are laughing at his failed attempt to appear religious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Actually people, who are not theologians or bible thumpers, say it every which way .. two, second or even Corinthians 2.

You and this thread ... fail.
The only failure I see is your attempt at damage control. Growing up, the books were always referred to as first and second Corinthians. Just be grateful Trump didn't refer to it as "Corinthians Part Deux".

Old 01-18-2016, 03:12 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
He was speaking at a clown college and trying to fit in. Nothing to see here...

Old 01-18-2016, 03:15 PM

23,620 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Sorry, dude, but you are prevaricating when you claim to have been "raised Catholic" and heard the Host referred to as "wafers or crackers" -- unless you were a little kid when you left the Church -- and then your statement is still untrue.

Catholics refer to themselves and their co-religionists as "Catholics", not "people in the congregation". Furthermore, the Host is the Host, and that's how Catholics refer to it when they are talking about it being used in a Mass. It's referred to sometimes as the "Communion wafer" when it's used in a secular, non-religious way, such as "Sister Joan, please check to see that there's an ample supply of Communion wafers for the holiday Masses". It is NEVER, EVER, EVER referred to by anybody raised Catholic as a "cracker".

I may not be a Catholic now, but I know the religion I was raised in, and what you described ain't it.
Sorry, dude, I didn't realize you knew every catholic who'd ever lived and how they refer to things when they are making casual comments.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:19 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post

Thanks for clarifying the above.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:38 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Trump hit the nail on the head.

2 Corinthians 3:17 is just what he said.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:39 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,050 times
This thread is a mess. Can you all at least try to appear to stay on topic?

CLOSED
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-19-2016 at 08:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies