Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 10:39 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,501,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
ok so YOU did pay for yours...but if MY tax dollars are funding others...then it is wrong

you get all the choices... why should MY MONEY pay for your choices ("you" is not pointed at you specificly, but any citizen)
No they don't.

Quote:
yes they do

when my girlfield (prior to being my wife and covered under my insurance) and I got pregnant with our first child, my insurance would not cover her, because we were not married..we attempted to go to PP for PRE NATAL CARE...know what their answer was...when do you want to schedule the abortion

sorry I aint buying your blind support for PP
Complete fabrication. Nice try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 10:49 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,647,297 times
Quote:
no its not, I dont care if someone gets an abortion...I even support abortion (expect for the ones that CHOOSE to use it as contraseption)......but if you want it...pay for the service that was rendered to you...dont EXPECT some one else to pay for YOUR SERVICE
OK, let's parse this out.

PP receives federal funding for health services rendered under several programs, including medicaid. They perform abortions, but are not allowed to use any federal funds to pay for abortions (some states will pay for abortions.) Audits show that the funding sources are properly segregated, and that federal money is not being used to support abortion services. You contend that your taxes are indirectly subsidizing abortions.

River City Family Medical Clinic receives federal funding for health services rendered under several programs, including medicaid. They perform abortions, but are not allowed to use any federal funds to pay for abortions (some states will pay for abortions.) Audits show that the funding sources are properly segregated, and that federal money is not being used to support abortion services.

Question - Do you also contend that when River City Family Medical Clinic performs abortions that your taxes are indirectly subsidizing abortions? Does this bother you to the point that you would like to see all federal funding pulled from River City Family Medical Clinic? If you support treating PP and River City Family Medical Clinic differently, can you explain why?

Old 01-20-2016, 08:09 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,745,953 times
As I said, it's a blinding obsession. Subtle legal distinctions don't change the fact that tax money is sent to organizations and facilities that perform a procedure that many citizens consider barbarous. These citizen's opinions are just as valid as the opinions of those who are blindly obsessed with destroying the most innocent of human life. You wouldn't know this by listening to the latter, though.

Old 01-20-2016, 08:22 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,647,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
As I said, it's a blinding obsession. Subtle legal distinctions don't change the fact that tax money is sent to organizations and facilities that perform a procedure that many citizens consider barbarous. These citizen's opinions are just as valid as the opinions of those who are blindly obsessed with destroying the most innocent of human life. You wouldn't know this by listening to the latter, though.
SCOTUS says that it doesn't matter what people think. Women's privacy rights include the basic right to abortion.

So sorry.

Old 01-20-2016, 08:51 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,335,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
SCOTUS says that it doesn't matter what people think. Women's privacy rights include the basic right to abortion.

So sorry.
So now you're a fan of the SCOTUS? Funny when they rule in ways you don't like you don't find them so infallible.

Yes it does matter what people think, judges change and precedents are over turned. Just because that's what 5 justices say today doesn't mean that's what 5 will say tomorrow.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:47 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,391,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No they don't.

Complete fabrication. Nice try.
nope, not a fabrication..the truth..year 2000

but I guess we can always expect attacks from you

Old 01-20-2016, 10:47 PM

38,610 posts, read 26,260,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Just curious, realistically speaking what will happen to Abortion and Same Sex Marriage if a Republican wins, especially a very conservative one?

Abortion and same-sex marriage are important issues to be sure, but they are merely symptoms of the disease.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:09 AM

15,701 posts, read 16,978,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
To choose what many see as MURDER. Pay for it yourself if you want it that badly, don't expect me to pay for it.
Quote:
I don't care if you want or get an abortion.... but do the CORRECT thing...pay for it yourself....have some pride...don't EXPECT someone else to pay your bill, for a poor choice or poor performing bc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyde_Amendment

Old 01-21-2016, 07:18 AM

21,399 posts, read 10,469,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Nothing until/unless the makeup of the Supreme Court changes. Abortion and same sex marriage laws have been enforced by the court, not by the president or Congress.
We all know that an extreme conservative would never be allowed on the Supreme Court. People with extreme positions don't get through the process these days. Besides, I'm pretty sure the current ruling will stand on same-sex marriage because it's the correct one. The worst that could happen is that a future court to leave it up to the individual states to set laws, but I don't think it will happen.

The only hope pro-life people have to end abortion is to change the culture. It's never going to be outlawed outright.

I look at these Supreme Court rulings as a gift. We need to stop putting social issues in the party platforms. It's divisive.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:25 AM

21,399 posts, read 10,469,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I disagree, especially with same-sex marriage. Conservatives can't let that fight go. If somebody like Huckabee gets in he will likely issue an executive order to ignore the SCOTUS decision. What will happen after that, I'm not sure, as there isn't any time in history where a President has tried to do that.
Somebody like Huckabee will never get elected to a national office, but if he did I don't think he'd issue an executive order like that. He respects the constitution and would probably use his bully pulpit to change minds. As for your last sentence, I disagree. President Obama has used executive orders to ignore laws and even to essentially create laws, claiming he had to do it because congress wouldn't work with him (i.e., give him everything he wants).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies