Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 02:50 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You would think so, but no, they don't.

They will never stop trying to ban abortion and I believe they will never stop trying to ban same sex marriage either.

How The Anti-Abortion Movement Keeps On Fighting

Now, imagine if they had a Republican President to back them up and appoint Supreme Court justices.

You are in a same sex marriage now, but don't think for a minute that Republicans won't take that right away given the chance.

Seems a bit paranoid... Even in the worst case scenario, as stated above, I value other things a little higher than being able to say the words "my husband". Like not getting nuked by fanatical arabs. Like not getting taxed to death so that I work and save for nothing. Like not being overwhelmed by illegal immigrants, many of whom can be terrorists, which leads to getting blown up or stabbed at random. I think these are among many things that are just a little more important. Gays who make gay marriage and abortion(I'm pro-life, by the way) their single minded priorities are zealots at their own peril. Getting blown up or stabbed to death is a little more painful than hurt feelings by a straw-man Bible Thumper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 02:53 PM

1,185 posts, read 2,220,834 times
Hopefully they will get rid of both forever. Anyone with a heart would realize that Abortion is just nothing more than the mass genocide of babies. Unfortunately, the establishment republicans will just give in to the liberals and let those vices exist and be promoted by the government. Its only a matter of time before america cracks.

Old 01-19-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Republicans have been actively passing abortion restrictions at the state level, you all really doubt that a right wing Republican that got elected wouldn't go along with the House and Senate to pass more restrictions, with dreams of someday appointing SC justices who will overturn Roe v Wade? A lot them aren't just against abortion, they are against even contraception. The ultimate goal of far right Social Conservatives is to put women, gays, poor people, and non Whites "back in their place". That's why Moderates like me are forced to vote Democrat.

How, specifically, is anyone "against contraception"? Will there be police everywhere with big hands pushing down on men's asses as they approach orgasm?

Old 01-19-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
You must be a male heterosexual who doesn't stand to lose any of YOUR personal freedoms if a Republican is elected President.

Oh yeah, if a republican gets elected, he will seek you out personally, knock you up, and see to it that you deliver the baby with no anesthetic, and make sure you can't live with your girlfriend while the child is growing up. Oh, and you won't be allowed to wear shoes, either.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:00 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Yes, because we have seen how conservative certain justices have ruled because of the party the president represented.

Regardless, can you give me a reasonable scenario in which a person would have standing at this point to bring a suit that would ultimately reach the SCOTUS and where the SCOTUS would accept cert on said case?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/16/op...wade-goes.html

If there is NO CHANCE of eroding the right to choose or SSM why do Republican candidates pledge to do so?

Are they outright LYING to their supporters?

Old 01-19-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
I love how now that gay marriage is legal all the "Conservatives" want the Government to get out of the marriage business. Funny how there was no cry for that to happen before in mass.

I was perfectly fine with the legal arrangements we made before gay marriage was legalized in NYS. Yeah, it was expensive, and annoying that I had to keep paperwork in order, but that was life until recently. Life would have gone on as before if it were not legalized in NY, and I'm not a one issue voter, meaning national security, among many other things, should also be considered. Imagine if enough arab refugees came in (welcomed by Obama) and started doing to gays what ISIS is doing. Like throwing them off roofs, and if they survive the fall, they get stoned to death. That means people throw rocks at them until they die, not give them a large bong. Priorities, my friend, priorities.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:08 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
George W. Bush. 2003.
TIMELINE: Partial-birth abortion

So Bush signed the law in 2003, that was passed by both houses of Congress. So it was not a unilateral crusade on a Republican President's part. He did not use an Executive Order to dismantle Abortion rights.

He just signed a law by congress that banned partial birth abortions. A procedure that MOST Americans, including pro-abortion advocates are not in favor of.

Also of note is the fact that while a democrat president vetoed the partial birth abortion bill, the CONGRESS attempted to override the veto, and reintroduced the bill a second time, so electing a democrat does not guarantee anything.

And finally, from your link it shows that the SCOTUS found the law unconstitutional.

Basically, you presented the perfect argument against all the left wing fear mongering.

1. The bill was from Congress and not the President.

2. After the President signed the bill, it was deemed unconstitutional.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:10 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Seems a bit paranoid... Even in the worst case scenario, as stated above, I value other things a little higher than being able to say the words "my husband". Like not getting nuked by fanatical arabs. Like not getting taxed to death so that I work and save for nothing. Like not being overwhelmed by illegal immigrants, many of whom can be terrorists, which leads to getting blown up or stabbed at random. I think these are among many things that are just a little more important. Gays who make gay marriage and abortion(I'm pro-life, by the way) their single minded priorities are zealots at their own peril. Getting blown up or stabbed to death is a little more painful than hurt feelings by a straw-man Bible Thumper.
Quote:
How, specifically, is anyone "against contraception"? Will there be police everywhere with big hands pushing down on men's asses as they approach orgasm?
Quote:
Oh yeah, if a republican gets elected, he will seek you out personally, knock you up, and see to it that you deliver the baby with no anesthetic, and make sure you can't live with your girlfriend while the child is growing up. Oh, and you won't be allowed to wear shoes, either.

Easy to talk tough as long as none of your personal freedoms hang in the balance.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:12 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,282 times
Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/16/op...wade-goes.html

If there is NO CHANCE of eroding the right to choose or SSM why do Republican candidates pledge to do so?

Are they outright LYING to their supporters?
They are not outright lying to their supporters. They are saying that their principles are pro-life and pro-traditional marriage and that any opportunities that are afforded will be handled in light of those principles, but no GOP candidate has campaigned on a promise to ban abortion and jail gays and unilaterally remove the existence of SSM by Executive Order, which is what the left wants people to believe.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
Hopefully they will get rid of both forever. Anyone with a heart would realize that Abortion is just nothing more than the mass genocide of babies. Unfortunately, the establishment republicans will just give in to the liberals and let those vices exist and be promoted by the government. Its only a matter of time before america cracks.

Of course, it never occurs to the left that someone might consider the forcefull dismembering of an unborn baby deliberate murder, because no one saw the baby before he was ripped apart. Those same people will cry and fight to spare the lives of convicted killers and terrorists, though. Priorities, my friends, priorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies