Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 03:15 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

you fail to understand-- politicians say what you want to hear- not what they really going to do - they all in DC in bed together- in one orgy or another -
All jumped about Bush-- the conservative churches were "all YOU MUST VOTE for him" for the anti-abortion stand- and in the end Laura said-- let women decide that--and Bushy said -I don't believe there is God. FACTS my friends

Last edited by tinytrump; 01-19-2016 at 03:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 03:17 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Easy to talk tough as long as none of your personal freedoms hang in the balance.

None of your "personal freedoms" hang in the balance. Are you afraid that Ted Cruz is going to send out a SSM squad and force you and your spouse apart? Are you going to just ignore your relationship if the government (regardless of who is in office) says SSM is not a Constitutional right?

See why government should NEVER be involved in determining who can and who can't marry. Citizens are beholden to the government to define their relationship. How can that ever be seen as freedom?

You have basically admitted that you have to vote for whoever assures you that your relationship is valid, so you have lost your freedom to think for yourself and vote into office those people who could improve your life and liberty because you are paralyzed by the fear that the government will take away what you deem is a right and not a privilege.

The government that was created by our Founders was specifically enacted to prevent the government from ever being allowed to take away our rights, yet here you are, totally afraid that the government that progressives have created is going to do just that.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:19 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Of course, it never occurs to the left that someone might consider the forcefull dismembering of an unborn baby deliberate murder, because no one saw the baby before he was ripped apart. Those same people will cry and fight to spare the lives of convicted killers and terrorists, though. Priorities, my friends, priorities.
watching too many fake videotapes again- is it bad-- yes I agree- there should be firm time limits at least- - but women been killing babies before Jesus - so have men been cheating and so forth-
let each man give account for their OWN sin- I have too many of my own- to be looking the neighbors own- and it is all that just sin-- lie- cheat- hate- same o Politician never will fix it

Old 01-19-2016, 03:22 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,834 times
Quote:
Easy to talk tough as long as none of your personal freedoms hang in the balance.
I believe they do NOT hang in the balance. I believe there are higher priorities. No president or party in power in congress gets everything they want, unless you consider Obama and his recent executive orders to go around congress. Not that the opposition party puts up much of a fight anyway, if you look at the recent budget they just passed, giving Obama even more than what he asked for. Anyway, with President Trump, Cruz, Huckabee, or anyone else, we won't all die on the day of inauguration. With a President Clinton or Sanders, however, it's conceivable that we could die that day, with Iran and North Korea and their nuclear weapons and increasingly long range missles to deliver them to us. Or, to keep letting the barbarians in to torture us a few at a time, like what is happening in Europe right now. Border security was one of my biggest complaints with the Bush administration, by the way. It's just a lot worse now.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:31 PM

Fake videos? How is an abortion performed? A baby is ripped from the womb and discarded, or organs sold and the rest discarded. Trying to soften it by regarding it as a routine medical procedure, like shaving calluses, doesn't change the brutality of it. Brutality of ending the most innocent and precious of human life.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
watching too many fake videotapes again- is it bad-- yes I agree- there should be firm time limits at least- - but women been killing babies before Jesus - so have men been cheating and so forth-
let each man give account for their OWN sin- I have too many of my own- to be looking the neighbors own- and it is all that just sin-- lie- cheat- hate- same o Politician never will fix it

I agree with everything except what is now in bold. Just because there's a long history of murder doesn't make it any less destructive. Defining something down because it's common doesn't erase the brutality of it. Slavery used to be very common, and in parts of the world it still is, we couldn't imagine that being brought back.....

Old 01-19-2016, 03:57 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
They are not outright lying to their supporters. They are saying that their principles are pro-life and pro-traditional marriage and that any opportunities that are afforded will be handled in light of those principles, but no GOP candidate has campaigned on a promise to ban abortion and jail gays and unilaterally remove the existence of SSM by Executive Order, which is what the left wants people to believe.

4 GOP candidates sign anti-same-sex marriage pledge - CNNPolitics.com

Quote:
The National Organization for Marriage said Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson signed the group's pledge "to take several specific actions as president to restore marriage to the law and protect people of faith from discrimination because of their support for traditional marriage."

Obviously, they feel there is a lot they can do to remove the existence of SSM, or else, why sign the pledge?

Old 01-19-2016, 03:58 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
How, specifically, is anyone "against contraception"? Will there be police everywhere with big hands pushing down on men's asses as they approach orgasm?
You must be young.

I could not get birth control pills until I was in my 20s and married. At the time - the late 60s - they weren't legal to prescribe for unmarried women of any age.

Boys could purchase condoms in men's restrooms, though IME not many did.

Although most roman catholics today ignore the pope on this, it is still official doctrine that anything other than the rhythm method is sinful. And there are non-catholics who believe this as well.

I'm not seriously worried about going back on this issue, but the fact is there are a noticeable number of people who still do oppose barrier and hormonal methods of birth control. And banning them is doable. Just get the FDA on board.

And actually, yes, the police were known to try to catch people having "illegal" sex - adulterous or interracial sex or sodomy - breaking into people's bedrooms to catch them in the act. The last incidence of this I remember occurred probably in the early 70s, to a couple of gay men.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:06 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
I believe they do NOT hang in the balance. I believe there are higher priorities. No president or party in power in congress gets everything they want, unless you consider Obama and his recent executive orders to go around congress. Not that the opposition party puts up much of a fight anyway, if you look at the recent budget they just passed, giving Obama even more than what he asked for. Anyway, with President Trump, Cruz, Huckabee, or anyone else, we won't all die on the day of inauguration. With a President Clinton or Sanders, however, it's conceivable that we could die that day, with Iran and North Korea and their nuclear weapons and increasingly long range missles to deliver them to us. Or, to keep letting the barbarians in to torture us a few at a time, like what is happening in Europe right now. Border security was one of my biggest complaints with the Bush administration, by the way. It's just a lot worse now.

I believe they do hang in the balance.....and will vote for a candidate who vows to protect them.

Quote:
With a President Clinton or Sanders, however, it's conceivable that we could die that day,....

How very dramatic of you.....

I believe, instead of using diplomacy, Republicans are chomping at the bit to start WWIII.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:16 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
I believe they do hang in the balance.....and will vote for a candidate who vows to protect them.

How very dramatic of you.....

I believe, instead of using diplomacy, Republicans are chomping at the bit to start WWIII.

You need to study history. And you may not really understand this, but WWIII is underway. Just like WWI and WWII started before US intervention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies