Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 10:18 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times

Advertisements

The funds were frozen as part of the sanctions against Iran. The funds are Iranian. Everyone I know, is aware of that. That fact doesn't change the fact that Obama is allowing $150 billion dollars to get into the hands of our avowed enemies, so that they can develop nuclear weaponry against the US and our allies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 10:18 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Hello is this JG Wentworth ?
I need cash now to finish my ballistic missile project and one later to put a nuclear warhead on it. So what I'm really looking for is two loans without the balloon payment. Can you help me ? You can !!! Wow that is great !!
What collateral do I have you ask. I tend to think of that in terms of damage.
I'll have to change my thinking and consider it in your meaning. What I can do is take American hostages and even some American Navy ships if need be. We had them on special last month and gave them back for nothing but I'm sure we can offer a new deal and sell them at a good profit this month and even create a lucrative market for them in the future. There leaders are stupid and will do anything we tell them too. So as you can see we have established a good history for future payments to justify this loan.

WOW honey, I just got off the phone and we are getting the loan. Now we can have everything we ever wanted and can kill anyone who doesn't want to be OUR KIND of Muslim.
No darling I didn't ask about the money to expand your burka business but lets get this loan first. Then we can make them an offer they can't refuse and you will be the burka Queen of the world. You might even get to be president of the USA. They are looking to elect a woman and I might be able to get you the nomination. You won't have to worry about being called two faced. No one will ever see the one you have now.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:19 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Good reading at the link, though.
Not really.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:19 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Not one of the GOP candidates has anything positive to say about what looks increasingly like highly successful diplomacy in the Persian Gulf regarding return of Navy sailors who strayed into Iranian waters and the return of others held by Iran.

It seems like Obama's policy of rewarding good behavior is paying off -- not that the GOP would ever admit that.
Diplomacy? Get real. We traded money for hostages who should have never been taken hostage to begin with. Iran has a long history of taking hostages dating back to 1979 when they held 52 diplomats for 444 days.
As far as good behavior, you do know that Iran is a designated state sponsor of terror, don't you?

Old 01-20-2016, 10:22 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Diplomacy? Get real. We traded money for hostages who should have never been taken hostage to begin with. Iran has a long history of taking hostages dating back to 1979 when they held 52 diplomats for 444 days.
As far as good behavior, you do know that Iran is a designated state sponsor of terror, don't you?
What wold you have done differently? Obama got the sailors back in a day. That wouldn't have happened if tensions were not thawing.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:31 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,414,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Diplomacy? Get real. We traded money for hostages who should have never been taken hostage to begin with.
Would it have been better if we had traded arms for hostages instead?

Old 01-20-2016, 10:33 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Hello is this JG Wentworth ?
I need cash now to finish my ballistic missile project and one later to put a nuclear warhead on it. So what I'm really looking for is two loans without the balloon payment. Can you help me ? You can !!! Wow that is great !!
What collateral do I have you ask. I tend to think of that in terms of damage.
I'll have to change my thinking and consider it in your meaning. What I can do is take American hostages and even some American Navy ships if need be. We had them on special last month and gave them back for nothing but I'm sure we can offer a new deal and sell them at a good profit this month and even create a lucrative market for them in the future. There leaders are stupid and will do anything we tell them too. So as you can see we have established a good history for future payments to justify this loan.

WOW honey, I just got off the phone and we are getting the loan. Now we can have everything we ever wanted and can kill anyone who doesn't want to be OUR KIND of Muslim.
No darling I didn't ask about the money to expand your burka business but lets get this loan first. Then we can make them an offer they can't refuse and you will be the burka Queen of the world. You might even get to be president of the USA. They are looking to elect a woman and I might be able to get you the nomination. You won't have to worry about being called two faced. No one will ever see the one you have now.

Not so fast...

"he U.S. Treasury Department unleashed sanctions against 11 people and companies involved in Iran's ballistic missile program Sunday, just one day after President Obama lifted sanctions based on Iran's nuclear program."

U.S. sanctions Iran's ballistic missile program

OP - thanks for the thread and link. I doubt it will change many minds, but I applaud you for trying to inform the (willfully) misinformed.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:53 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
It is quite telling why Obama made such a deal with Iran... lifting sanctions and letting 150 billion dollars get into the hands of the country that wants to wipe Israel off the map.. Obama wants Iran to be the superpower in the middle east. With this deal Iran has an order in for missiles from Russian and missile launchers , state of the art , as good as anything we have.

Obama is a crazy man. His actions show who he supports in the world and the left just goes along with him no matter what Obama does they do not want to see the repercussions of his actions. Obama is one smooth talker and they believe his words instead of looking at what he is doing to the world. Obama has set up with his actions an impending world war soon.

Obama actually thinks he can say it and it is true..oBAMA SAYS >Iran will not get a nuclear weapon... what a joke...

Old 01-20-2016, 10:57 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
The funds were frozen as part of the sanctions against Iran. The funds are Iranian. Everyone I know, is aware of that.
I don't think many people at all are aware of that.
If they watch cable news they think the US taxpayer
is sending Iran 150 Billion in cash. Trump repeated the lie
just last night. All GOP candidates say it without challenge or
exception except Rand Paul. I heard it mentioned in one of the
Democrat debates also and none of them corrected the moderator.
They only said that they stood by the deal.

Old 01-20-2016, 11:00 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Obama supporters must have been drinking Flint Michigan's water for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies