Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2016, 08:14 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He seems to have quite the history. He served a 1 year tour in Iraq back in 2008 providing air support, doesn't appear he was on the ground, been out around 7 years. He was accused of cutting the brake lines back in 2005 but not convicted.

Still a little disingenuous for Palin to bring the president into this claim od PTSD but then again it's the crazy season.

I also recall her touring the nation in a bus a few years ago trolling for votes for another run, she should have been home.

Track Palin: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
After reading this, Palin needs to be honest with herself and face the fact her some has a drinking problem, mostly likely more than PTSD. He was drinking when he cut the brake line......

I was the mom the kids would call when they got to drunk to drive home, many of them had to face me the next day at my request. To this day they know what their problem was and is, they knew I would never be the one to give them excuses for their behavior. Unfortunately, these kids like Track their parents refused to tell it like it is.

I think a lot of people don't realize the actions alcohol causes. I hear it all the time, "it wasn't the alcohol." It is always something else that caused the issue, if people admit it is alcohol they have to quit drinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 08:22 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
PTSD is certainly exacerbated by drug or alcohol abuse. PTSD status aside, it's clear that he has a history of an alcohol problem.

It's currently filed under the rumor category. The incident occurred in 2005 when Track would have been 16 (as one of the 4 boys was) and the names of the minors were never released and the records likely sealed.

I will say that a dear friend of mine (who served 4 tours by 23 before being discharged due to war wound related disability and PTSD) grew up in Wasilla. Before I even knew the name "Sarah Palin," I knew about the ex-mayor who got her son out of charges for cutting the brake lines on school buses from my friend. He maintains that story to this day, and has some other colorful anecdotes about the out of control older Palin kids.
I for one don't hold much against kids in their youth and the dumb things they do. The young boys my kids hung with were rowdy country boys. Where we lived it took tough boys to survive and with that came hanging in the mountains, four-wheeling and yes occasional drinking to much. They never cut brakes or put others lives in danger.......that I know of!

When young boys and alcohol are involved no telling what they will do, but cutting brake lines......Sarah should have let her son pay for this. By getting him off he has only continued drinking with no consequences.......this is a defiant NO, NO!

Military doesn't improve a person's life or personality when others are ignoring the real cause. Heck, my nephew went into the military ( in the 80's) with no drinking problem and some how became an alcoholic while serving, how the hell does that happen?

Old 01-22-2016, 08:26 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He seems to have quite the history. He served a 1 year tour in Iraq back in 2008 providing air support, doesn't appear he was on the ground, been out around 7 years. He was accused of cutting the brake lines back in 2005 but not convicted.
While I am totally disgusted by this whole affair, be careful about labeling his military service as not being enough to develop PTSD. All it takes is one traumatic event.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:58 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Default Not really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Well said. We are willing to spend billions on defense, but the money seems to dry up when it comes to caring for returning veterans.
Not sure it is correct to suggest we're not spending anything on care for our veterans...

Mr. Obama has proposed a $168.8 billion budget, compared with $163.9 billion in 2015. He is requesting $70.2 billion in discretionary funding for the department, nearly 8% more than in 2015.

This includes spending on things like veteran’s benefits, hospital and medical care, housing, education, training, and rehabilitation and other benefits and services.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:00 AM

Default Look again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
The only difference between the Palins and the Kardashians is that the Palins blame all their family goose crap on Obama.
Not the ONLY difference...

Old 01-22-2016, 09:07 AM

The Palin phenom.

Lots of us were surprised to see Palin emerge again on the national stage. At least last time she was supporting something of a respectable candidate, but that whole thing imploded and no doubt McCain was as disappointed in Palin as anyone. So now she decides to support Trump, and Trump too dumb to learn from McCain's mistakes, is actually wanting to share in Palin's spot light like two entertainers would be expected to do, but...

How/why does Palin deserve that sort of attention, still? I guess for the same reason this thread continues...

Old 01-22-2016, 09:17 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,456 times
Ha! Looks like Vets are NONE TOO PLEASED with Palin for saying her son's violence was b/c of PTSD. Good for them. She is a dangerous idiot.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/veter...729601078.html

Old 01-22-2016, 09:28 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
While I am totally disgusted by this whole affair, be careful about labeling his military service as not being enough to develop PTSD. All it takes is one traumatic event.
True but it still seems suspicious based on his history.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:36 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Ha! Looks like Vets are NONE TOO PLEASED with Palin for saying her son's violence was b/c of PTSD. Good for them. She is a dangerous idiot.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/veter...729601078.html
According to that article, it was Trump's call to politicize PTSD and he suggested to Sarah that she link her son's arrest to the president. If true, that makes two Jackasses instead of one.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:36 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
According to that article, it was Trump's call to politicize PTSD and he suggested to Sarah that she link her son's arrest to the president. If true, that makes two Jackasses instead of one.
and who would that surprise? Not most people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies