Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 06:43 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Not abortions for this pro-life generation. They had hundreds of chaperons around, I guess you missed the part about adults being with them.
I guess you missed being a teenager. Band camp had at least one chaperone per 5 people. As if that stopped anything.

I wonder how many of these chaperones have opened their home to a foster child in need of stability? Obviously they have the means to care for children in need, and if they are so in support of the rights and dignity of children then surely every last one has done their part. Right?

Oh.. wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 08:00 AM

211 posts, read 113,903 times
Tens of thousands participated in this year's march.

The New York Times headline? "Hundreds Brave Snow at March for Life in Washington"

Yeah, certainly no bias there...

Old 01-27-2016, 06:20 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I guess you missed being a teenager. Band camp had at least one chaperone per 5 people. As if that stopped anything.

I wonder how many of these chaperones have opened their home to a foster child in need of stability? Obviously they have the means to care for children in need, and if they are so in support of the rights and dignity of children then surely every last one has done their part. Right?

Oh.. wait.
Sure they have. You are just biased.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyogaH View Post
Tens of thousands participated in this year's march.

The New York Times headline? "Hundreds Brave Snow at March for Life in Washington"

Yeah, certainly no bias there...
Yes, New York Times is very biased. They never report correctly on the Marches. They never show all the people who show up since they are against pro-life.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I support and encourage liberals to have abortions and I oppose and discourage conservatives from having abortions.
A pro-abortion poster....and totally ignored by the OP. Why aren't you condemning someone who is calling for abortions, Jenelle? You routinely call out people who are pro choice. If you are truly pro-life....why have you ignored someone who ENCOURAGES abortions?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-27-2016 at 08:11 PM..

Old 01-27-2016, 08:35 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,303,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Contraceptives and condoms fail and PP has said they have to do abortions for that failure rate. Women need to control their own behavior but don't tell them lies about not getting pregnant if they only use contraceptives.
When used properly, contraception is highly effective.

Besides, a month old fetus is basically a tadpole. I don't see the big problem with aborting a tadpole.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A pro-abortion poster....and totally ignored by the OP. Why aren't you condemning someone who is calling for abortions, Jenelle? You routinely call out people who are pro choice. If you are truly pro-life....why have you ignored someone who ENCOURAGES abortions?
Don't know what you are talking about.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
When used properly, contraception is highly effective.

Besides, a month old fetus is basically a tadpole. I don't see the big problem with aborting a tadpole.
No we are not frogs or worms, we are human from the moment of conception with all the DNA we ever need.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:37 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
That actually is a beautiful video.

The problem with the pro life movement is that they seem to be single minded absolutist.

We could prevent abortions with better family planning and contraception, but the leaders of that moment seem to only want to stop abortion after the fact.

Well, the child, once conceived, is either a person or it`s not, so finding common ground with people who are looking for any excuse to justify what we all know is the intentional killing of a child isn`t constructive.

The sad fact is many women consider abortion to be an alternative to contraceptives and won`t bother with highly effective barrier methods or oral contraceptives and they definitely won`t use a rubber,

Old 01-27-2016, 11:15 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well, the child, once conceived, is either a person or it`s not, so finding common ground with people who are looking for any excuse to justify what we all know is the intentional killing of a child isn`t constructive.

The sad fact is many women consider abortion to be an alternative to contraceptives and won`t bother with highly effective barrier methods or oral contraceptives and they definitely won`t use a rubber,
This isnt even about compromise, the objective is less abortions, or none if you will.

Contraception is indeed the solution to lower the number because even if the pro life movement somehow found a way to outlaw abortions, they would still happen and then their goal would be the same as those on who believe the same as me.

As for the second part of your post, that is ludicrous, You are arguing that someone would rather pay 2 or 3 thousand dollars to have an abortion rather than buy a 3 dollar condom, or take birth control pills. I have yet to meet that women

Further more, lets stop blaming women because a man doesnt use condoms/pull out. It isnt like she impregnates herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies