Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 06:25 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times

Advertisements

If that trailer is any indication, it won't be around very long. I couldn't even get through the whole trailer, that " Angel" is just annoying to watch.

Don

Old 01-22-2016, 07:42 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Actually, goes to show the people of "tolerance and love" constantly have to rob ideas from Christian faith. This just shows how insecure these people really are they seem to have no original ideas of their own. Making fun of others is easier than making fun of their own.
The series is about an angel named Amy, who acts as a guardian..........could have easily been a gnome.

What is even more strange the video blamed in Benghazi was nothing like this and look what reaction the left took to bury it.......ever ask why?
"Rob ideas?"
In a country that is purportedly a "Christian nation?"

If everyone is aware of the basic precepts of Christianity, how is it "robbing ideas?"

Was Roma Downey "robbing ideas" in "Touched by an Angel?"
Michael Landon in "Highway to Heaven?"

There are a lot of negative characterizations in the Bible.
Are they indicative of insecurity as well?

What a tempest in a teapot this is.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Actually, goes to show the people of "tolerance and love" constantly have to rob ideas from Christian faith. This just shows how insecure these people really are they seem to have no original ideas of their own. Making fun of others is easier than making fun of their own.
The series is about an angel named Amy, who acts as a guardian..........could have easily been a gnome.

What is even more strange the video blamed in Benghazi was nothing like this and look what reaction the left took to bury it.......ever ask why?

Considering historians tell us Jesus was not born in the winter and how the date chosen for Christmas along with a number of traditions come from the Saturnalia, just WHO has robbed WHAT from WHOM?

Old 01-22-2016, 08:40 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This what the mothers have their knickers in a twist over:

Thanks for posting this. I wouldn't have watched the show based on the title of it and the lead actress (who I'm not fond of) but it actually looks promising now that I've watched this clip.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:57 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
No big deal.....I am sure you would find nothing wrong if they did a show about a drunk Imam. It is more about Hollywood not being able to come up with anything original. The way they look to offend Christians, but don't seem to give equal time to others. Why is this?
Why on earth do you think that the purpose of a show on commercial TV is to "offend christians"? The purpose is to make money by drawing an audience for advertisers so they can manipulate said audience into buying stuff.

I find almost all commercial TV offensive, so I don't watch it. Just about all TV ads, as well as most of the shows they sponsor, pander to a very shallow consumerist conception of who people are. Game shows are the most blatant.

Your willingness to feel especially picked on because you are a christian ignores the overwhelming reality that very few human beings are depicted respectfully on commercial TV.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:08 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This what the mothers have their knickers in a twist over:

We don't watch broad cast TV but it looks funny enough. Of course this is Faux news.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:01 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVietnamVeteran View Post
New CBS show 'Angel From Hell' mocks Christianity
Moms group: New CBS show 'Angel From Hell' mocks Christianity | Fox News

Have you seen the show?
So Christianity must never be mocked... why?

Oh, right-- because that offends you. And others.

Do you know what phrase describes refraining from certain speech so as not to cause offense?

Political correctness

The irony...

Old 02-12-2016, 01:33 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
Gosh, I wasn't aware that the idea of a "guardian angel" was a tenet of ANY particular faith, including Christianity (from what I remember).

Old 02-12-2016, 01:49 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
There is another show called "Lucifer" which is going to be all about glamorizing and rehabilitating the reputation of Satan, starting January 25th on Fox. So, they all kind of came up with similar ideas sort of all at the same time, apparently.

No, it's based on a DC comic book.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:50 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVietnamVeteran View Post
New CBS show 'Angel From Hell' mocks Christianity
Moms group: New CBS show 'Angel From Hell' mocks Christianity | Fox News

Have you seen the show?

No, and I don't really plan to.

And for the folks who are getting their panties in a twist....if your Christianity is so fragile that it can't stand up to a stupid sitcom, or a tv show based on a DC comic book, then you need to reexamine your own faith. Or get treatment for your persecution complex.

...just sayin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies