Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 01:03 PM

42,757 posts, read 26,015,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Turns out the majority of these migrants ARE single men 18-24.
Perhaps in Europe, but not in the US. Of Refugees accepted into the US only two percent are single males of combat age.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:04 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,582,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
This article is about one unnamed woman, there is not any independent corroboration, not even anything confirming that the woman exists and some folks here bought it hook line and sinker. How could that happen? People aren't that naive, are they that desperate to seize on anything that validates their prejudice?
Well, the original article is from the national german newspaper "Die WELT". The women is a payed employee working at a refugee shelter in Hamburg.

Anybody who can read german can read it right there.

Flüchtlingshelferin: "Extrem fordernd, unzuverlässig und aufdringlich" - DIE WELT mobil

Old 01-22-2016, 01:05 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,571,753 times
Quote:
yep right behind the Islamophobes
So you admit your apologizing and making excuses for criminalien rapists.

Always good to know the true agenda of people like you.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Well, the original report is from the national german newspaper "Die WELT". The women is a payed employee working at a refugee shelter in Hamburg. Anybody who can read german can read it right there. Flüchtlingshelferin: "Extrem fordernd, unzuverlässig und aufdringlich" - DIE WELT mobil
an anonymous woman whose complaints are not being echoed by other employees..well yeah I believe all of that sure, just like I believe in the tooth fairy

Old 01-22-2016, 01:17 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,582,417 times
Quote:
an anonymous woman whose complaints are not being echoed by other employees..well yeah I believe all of that sure, just like I believe in the tooth fairy
Of course she wants to stay anonymous. She doesn't want to be called a nazi.

According to her those complaints are echoed by other employees at the shelter as well.

Anyways, from the news coverage that I follow in german newspaper that sentiment is fairly common. But you are entitled to believe that most refugees are godsent saints and pure like the wind driven snow.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:18 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,848,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It's worse than racism or xenophobia. A dog? It's especially insulting to a Muslim to compare to a dog.

These are adult people who are well aware they are taking advantage. They know what they are doing is wrong both in their culture and particularly in western countries. They just don't respect western culture, so they don't care. They use technology (can dogs use I-phones?) to arrange flash mobs to sexually assault women because it's fun and they have not really had to face consequences. They know how to confuse using their papers and give misinformation to their advantage and that it is breaking the rules. Why insult their humanity to compare them to animals needing training. I guess a critic can respect them as people- responsible for their actions- more so than an apologist.
I guess way too many "Muslims" act like dogs so it'd be an insult to their kind because the truth hurts.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:31 PM

594 posts, read 344,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
A few years back, I took in a dog that was abused by his previous owner. They were going to put him down because he wouldn't trust anyone and would snap at people.

When I took him home, he did his regular routine of barking and snapping at me very aggressively. I grabbed him, shook him, and yelled at him "stop snapping at me!" He never barked or snapped at me ever again.

Nowadays, 5 years after I adopted him and he is the most adorable dog. Anyone can play with him. Neighbor's kids love him.

I used to work for habitat for humanity. Often times, the people we tried to help would try to take as much advantage of us as they could. Why? Because that's all they know. They didn't know any better.

I've found that people who idealizes helping others (people or animals) are always greatly disappointed when they found out reality is never what they fantasized. Those of us who are truly dedicated to helping others are fully aware that more often than not when we feed those who need our help our hands at times will be bitten.

That woman in the article in the OP was just another idealistic person who thought she was living in a damn movie. Then reality hits.

Here's the thing. Just because some of these people's natural tendency is to turn around and bite the hands that feed them doesn't mean we should give up on them. Didn't your jesus say something about this?

These people came from a culture of violence and oppression. That's all they know. I know what I'm about to say may sound offensive, but trying to help these people is like trying to help the abused dog I adopted. You have to show strength as well as patience... a lot of patience.
That dog did not follow a religion or ideology that demanded that he bite you.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times
Quote:
Perhaps in Europe, but not in the US. Of Refugees accepted into the US only two percent are single males of combat age.
Well I believe this thread is about Europe who just welcomed over 1 million ME migrants.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times
Quote:
Because some staunch activists don't want the migrants to be seen in a bad light.

‘No Borders’ Activist Gang Raped By Migrants, Pressured Into Keeping Quiet To Not ‘Damage Cause’
A young, female ‘No Borders’ activist working in a migrant camp on the France-Italy border remained silent about her gang rape by Sudanese migrants for over a month because “the others asked me to keep quiet.”

Colleagues are alleged to have said that reporting the crime would set back their struggle for a borderless world.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
But you are entitled to believe that most refugees are godsent saints and pure like the wind driven snow.
I don't think any such thing, Europe should not have admitted large numbers of refugees without any vetting..but I'm amused that people are so gullible that they accept a story without question even though it is proffered by an 'anonymous' source as truth apparently because it fits their narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies