Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 06:23 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

I've blamed Barack for a lot of the problems with our foreign policy and especially the Middle East.

But if you look at what is coming out regarding Hillary everyday, there is more and more evidence of just how much of a trainwreck she was as SOS.

Has Obama been putting out fires she started his entire 2nd term? Is this why she stepped down after only one term as SOS? Seems to me she would have been in a better position as a candidate for President if she still held the office.

Was she told to step down and it's been kept a secret?

Did we knuckle under to Iran because they have some of our secrets they could embarrass us with? Was Russia emboldened by information they stole from Clinton's server?

I would love to know the real facts but one thing is certain, Hillary seriously damaged this country in 4 years as SOS. I think Obama has caught a lot of flack for it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 06:44 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I've blamed Barack for a lot of the problems with our foreign policy and especially the Middle East.

But if you look at what is coming out regarding Hillary everyday, there is more and more evidence of just how much of a trainwreck she was as SOS.

Has Obama been putting out fires she started his entire 2nd term? Is this why she stepped down after only one term as SOS? Seems to me she would have been in a better position as a candidate for President if she still held the office.

Did we knuckle under to Iran because they have some of our secrets they could embarrass us with? Was Russia emboldened by information they stole from Clinton's server?

I would love to know the real facts but one thing is certain, Hillary seriously damaged this country in 4 years as SOS. I think Obama has caught a lot of flack for it too.
Did Hillary ruin Obama's presidency?

No, he has ruined his Presidency ALL by himself.

Her actions haven't HELPED him any though.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:50 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Did Hillary ruin Obama's presidency?

No, he has ruined his Presidency ALL by himself.

Her actions haven't HELPED him any though.
This.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:50 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:

This is an interesting thought........could be why Putin and Iran is getting away with so much and feel comfortable pushing the limits.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:56 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:

Would love to blame HRC for Obama's trainwreck of a presidency but the real honor goes to Valerie Jarrett. Of course that all implies, and rightly so, Obama was mindless danging fob who was manipulated by jarrett, HRC, Rahm, et al, who mitigated the counsel of his subject experts.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:21 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This is an interesting thought........could be why Putin and Iran is getting away with so much and feel comfortable pushing the limits.
Getting away with what? Having their economies crippled, giving up the ability to create a nuclear weapon?

Obama, and other western leaders, should get the blame for being so naive about how the Arab Spring would end. Supporting both the removal of Gaddafi and Assad have been disasters. But the way he's handled both Russia and thawing relations with Iran has been very good and will have long term results.

What do you think he was going to do, go to war with Russia over Ukraine and Syria? Why do that when you can play the safer long game by hobbling their economy and let Putin hang himself.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:38 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Obama was well on his way to his own train wreck, he didn't need Hillary's help.

The problem over the last several years is a weakness in leadership both here and abroad. While the world has been turning and churning the American people have spent more time watching the latest celebrity scandal than tuning in to what is going on.
We have been lulled into expecting less from our elected leaders and all they seem to have is their eyes on the next election cycle and what is best for them not America.

One has to wonder if Obama gave Hillary the SOS job to keep her happy. Secretary of State is a serious job that she used more as a stepping stone to get ready for her election run.

I would like to see a candidate for any job do that job to the best of their abilities and not merely be looking to the possible future.
Hillary was a lousy SOS then again is Kerry any better?

We all deserve better.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:48 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Care to be specific?
Quote:
Did we knuckle under to Iran because they have some of our secrets they could embarrass us with?
Seems that Obama's Administration used highly successful diplomacy to win the release of sailors the very next day and captives held for years.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:50 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Well, Hillary DID pick Obama's staff and make all his major political appointments. She set his agenda on health care, appointed herself his SOS. If Obama's presidency was a train wreck( and it was), then it could be said it was more her fault than his. He just did what he was told to do and probably had very little invested in the decision making. The extent of his involvement was limited to worrying about his image.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:54 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Care to be specific?Seems that Obama's Administration used highly successful diplomacy to win the release of sailors the very next day and captives held for years.
Staged as part of Obama agreement which gave money to Iran for hostages which John 'Swiftboat' Kerry just said could be used to fund terrorism! DUH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies