Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What level of gun restrictions is right?
I believe private citizens should not be allowed to own firearms (total ban). 7 3.78%
I believe private citizens should have many more restrictions on firearms (no military-style weapons, magazines of a certain size, etc). 37 20.00%
I believe existing gun laws are fine, we just need better enforcement. 70 37.84%
I believe existing gun laws are too restrictive; they should be loosened. 31 16.76%
I believe there should be no laws on firearm ownership, since it is a right guaranteed by the Second Amendment. 40 21.62%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 11:54 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,720,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
A swing and a miss.

You were asked waaaay back in post 78 to provide justification on why we should focus on gun control when we could save more lives by focusing on more dangerous causes.

You have failed to do so. I guess that's the fault of the "three pack" or whatever. Definitely not your fault for failing to provide that, someone else should have given you the answer.

Oh wait, you tried that by plagiarizing Wikipedia and got busted.
Whoops.
I continue to get a big hoot at the plagiarism charge, almost as much as the others. Of course you hurt my feelings and make me want to cry when you write these cruel things (as also suggested here), but I do my best through the tears...

Not sure I've ever been involved in such a silly exchange, but I can't say I'm surprised about some of the ongoing indignation given the lack of understanding in general. It's ridiculous for me to make yet another attempt at explaining why YOUR criteria is not MY criteria for determining what public policy issues are worthy of attention and/or action, so if you don't mind too terribly..., stop insisting and stop whining about it. If you want to play pretend policy maker with rules all your own, why not start a new thread called "my way or the highway?" Or even better, "stupid mind games!"

Ohhh! Wait! That's a home run! Right over the heads of Curly, Moe and Larry!

Old 02-01-2016, 11:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I continue to get a big hoot at the plagiarism charge, almost as much as the others. Of course you hurt my feelings and make me want to cry when you write these cruel things (as also suggested here), but I do my best through the tears...

Not sure I've ever been involved in such a silly exchange, but I can't say I'm surprised about some of the ongoing indignation given the lack of understanding in general. It's ridiculous for me to make yet another attempt at explaining why YOUR criteria is not MY criteria for determining what public policy issues are worthy of attention and/or action, so if you don't mind too terribly..., stop insisting and stop whining about it. If you want to play pretend policy maker with rules all your own, why not start a new thread called "my way or the highway?" Or even better, "stupid mind games!"

Ohhh! Wait! That's a home run! Right over the heads of Curly, Moe and Larry!

At this point in time, you are now trolling the thread, to justify your ignorance....

Old 02-01-2016, 12:04 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blackgt View Post
I would support much stricter gun laws with more restrictions to purchase. I am gun owner myself, but not your NRA loving backwoods inbred. I do believe firearms are protected by the constitution, but at the same time i believe the culture and behavior of america as a whole has changed beyond recognition since this amendment was written. America is so saturated with guns, even thinking about a gun free nation is nothing more than a day dream. I would personally love to see the gun show/ private seller loop-hole closed as a starting point. IMO it is way to easy for anyone to get a gun.

All of the above are my own feelings, and quite frankly i don't care if you agree or disagree with me. The reality is the gun debate is like the death penalty debate; each side lives and breathes their own viewpoint and we will likely never get anywhere with it as a result. We will argue it until the end of time but deep down i think we all know that nothing will ever change.
Except I would expect a non-NRA loving backwoods inbred would know exactly that gun show loophole is a left wing myth that doesn't exist.

"Gun show loophole, gun law loophole, Brady law loophole (or Brady bill loophole), private sale loophole, or private sale exemption is a political term in the United States referring to sales of firearms by private seller."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_show_loophole

Even a NRA loving backwoods inbred knows that!

Old 02-01-2016, 12:19 PM

29,548 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Default Myth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Except I would expect a non-NRA loving backwoods inbred would know exactly that gun show loophole is a left wing myth that doesn't exist.

"Gun show loophole, gun law loophole, Brady law loophole (or Brady bill loophole), private sale loophole, or private sale exemption is a political term in the United States referring to sales of firearms by private seller."

Thank you for providing this link, definition and information. Now help me to understand how this concern as described in the link you provide should be considered a myth?

"The term refers to the viewpoint that there is an inadequacy in federal law, under which "[a]ny person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of the State where he resides as long as he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms". "

I can perhaps understand the position the concern is unwarranted, but I surely don't understand the application of the term "myth" regarding this concern.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post

They think it is all private gun owners showing their guns they have for sale.

Every "gun show" I have been to, was just a convention of manufacturers reps and local dealers, showing what they have and collections of antique weapons.

It was no different than any other trade show I have been to, with the vendors having little to no product on hand but the display and they are taking orders for customers.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:21 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Quite interesting. Apparently you can't just go to a gunshow and buy a without a background check. Kinda disappointing, I want one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arMJQDkNjuo

If the laws already on the books will stop you from doing all of the things that Obama is trying to fix ... then what the heck is he up to??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies