Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 08:45 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,400,553 times

Advertisements

Here we go again with another of these all too numerous events happening almost faster than they can be reported:

'Good Samaritan shot dead' by driver stranded in snow in North Carolina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 08:52 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,695,553 times
a lot of questions need to be answered in that shooting. apparently the samaritans suggested calling the cops because the shooter looked drunk or high. at that point the guy started shooting. was the shooter a criminal? was he truly wasted? what was his motive for shooting these people who tried to help him?

Old 01-24-2016, 08:55 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,714,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
a lot of questions need to be answered in that shooting. apparently the samaritans suggested calling the cops because the shooter looked drunk or high. at that point the guy started shooting. was the shooter a criminal? was he truly wasted? what was his motive for shooting these people who tried to help him?
Let me get this straight, you are defending the shooter who did not allow the good Samaritan due process?

Old 01-24-2016, 08:56 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,337,355 times
Yet another cherry picked event crying crocodile tears while ignoring the many more times someone with a gun stopped or prevented a crime.

Athens convenience store clerk pulls gun on would-be robber | Online Athens

When you're 100% biased and have political blinders on it's no wonder all you ever see is tragedy and ignore the 100 positive outcomes for every tragedy.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Yet another cherry picked event crying crocodile tears while ignoring the many more times someone with a gun stopped or prevented a crime.

Athens convenience store clerk pulls gun on would-be robber | Online Athens

When you're 100% biased and have political blinders on it's no wonder all you ever see is tragedy and ignore the 100 positive outcomes for every tragedy.
I guess the store clerk saved a few bucks from his register at the cost of many other lives.

Quote:
BELOIT, Wis. --- The Rock County Medical Examiner has released the name of the five year old boy shot and killed in Beloit last night.

Austin Ramos Jr. was riding in the car with his father when authorities say another car pulled beside them and opened fire.
UPDATE: 5-year-old boy killed in Beloit shooting identified

Old 01-24-2016, 09:03 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,695,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Let me get this straight, you are defending the shooter who did not allow the good Samaritan due process?
where was i defending him? where did i say he should be allowed to shoot anyone he wants? the truth is I DIDNT AND YOU KNOW IT. you want to paint all gun owners as crazed lunatics that go around shooting everyone because they want to. if you choose to be ignorant go ahead i dont care. but i was asking why did this guy shoot the samaritan. was it because the was under the influence and they guys suggested calling the cops? was he a criminal? why did he shoot the guy? i dont condone it regardless of what you might think in your myopic little mind though.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
where was i defending him? where did i say he should be allowed to shoot anyone he wants? the truth is I DIDNT AND YOU KNOW IT. you want to paint all gun owners as crazed lunatics that go around shooting everyone because they want to. if you choose to be ignorant go ahead i dont care. but i was asking why did this guy shoot the samaritan. was it because the was under the influence and they guys suggested calling the cops? was he a criminal? why did he shoot the guy? i dont condone it regardless of what you might think in your myopic little mind though.
I can answer your questions. The guy shot and killed the good Samaritan because that guy was intoxicated, had mental health issues, and a gun.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:13 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I can answer your questions. The guy shot and killed the good Samaritan because that guy was intoxicated, had mental health issues, and a gun.
Oh, well, too bad for that good Samaritan. Second amendment, people! SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!! The good Samaritan's right to keep living was obviously superseded by the right of a drunk idiot with his gun.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:13 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,400,553 times
Ease up a bit on this to and fro. A reasonable discussion on this issue should be available without this acrimonious back and forth calling each other names.

The guy was suspected by a group of being drunk behind the wheel of his car stuck in the snow and they verbally discussed leaving him stuck and for the authorities to deal with. Apparently Mr. hothead heard the discussion and in anger exited the vehicle with gun in hand, tackled one of the Samaritans or shot him, then stood over him and fired "several" more times into his body.

A wonton act no matter what details emerge to "explain" it happening.

Just one more person with a firearm who should not have been allowed NEAR one if he has the tendency to get drunk and ignore the law about operating a motor vehicle while under the influence.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:14 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,223,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Here we go again with another of these all too numerous events happening almost faster than they can be reported:
Oh, please! I'll bet you're not concerned with the Obama administration bringing in Muslim so-called "refugees" and placing them throughout our towns and villages though. Right? I think that's a far more serious threat to our safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies