Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 10:56 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times

Advertisements

A RESPONSIBLE gun owner knows that drinking and guns don't mix. Each and every time the threat of gun bans etc start, idiots like this run out and buy guns. These are people who probably would never buy a gun otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 11:45 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Im amazed he was able to get it in!!!!!!

Yes only worse!!
Why?

Most places don't have metal detectors, checkpoints, or security personnel to ensure that people don't bring guns in, and that's why "gun free zones" make no sense. The vast majority are enforced with nothing more than a paper sign on the door, and a reliance on the good graces of criminals to willfully abide by it.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:15 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So you want to hang onto the "shall not be infringed" part even though the reason for that phrase, which is to form a militia, has, by your own admission, become outdated.

Tell you what, I would be fine with keeping the whole amendment if we keep the intent of it, which was to form a militia should we need to. But nowhere in that amendment does it say anything about walking around armed unless you are part of that militia.

Keep your weapons at home and at the ready, just in case you are called upon to form a militia. That would be in keeping with the intent of the amendment. Walking around with a gun at all times has nothing to do with the second amendment, and it never did.
"even though the reason for that phrase, which is to form a militia,"

You need to read up on what the Founding father's ACTUALLY said about the 2nd Amendment.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do you have a point?

People have accidents of ALL sorts ALL the time.

Should we put restrictions on everything evertime someone has an accident?

"You can't cure stupid", meaning you could pass a million laws and people will STILL do stupid things and have accidents.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Guns were invented to kill. How has that original plan changed. And now you're comparing this to cars and alcohol lol Sorry, I just don't see the connection.
Clubs were invented to kill also.

There are MORE deaths per year with blunt installments then rifles. Should we put the SAME restriction \s many want on guns to EVERY blunt instrument used in a death?

After all, your MAIN concern is to save lives, right?

Old 01-27-2016, 06:47 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
And this happens how often? Most (millions) carry daily with no incidence at all.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Because more guns is always the answer, am I right conservatives!? If everyone was carrying a gun we'd be safe! Great display here. I'm just glad the woman is okay, I hope he is prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law, we really need to discourage this type of behavior.

A guy gets shot in the head for texting on his phone during the movie, and now a lady gets shot through the back of her seat during the movie for doing nothing. I'm still waiting for one of these good guys to save lives instead of adding to our death toll.
"Because more guns is always the answer, am I right conservatives!?"

As a conservative people like you only show how ignorant they are about what conservatives THINK.

I do NOT speak for ALL conservatives, just YOU do NOT speak for ANY conservatives.

I BELIEVE everyone who WANTS a gun should be able to have one if they desire to IF they are of a sound mind and are NOT a convicted criminal of a crime where gun was involved and a few other things.

"I'm still waiting for one of these good guys to save lives instead of adding to our death toll"

No you aren't.

The information you so wish wasn't there has been available since 2001

This site, THE ARMED CITIZEN - News and Resources for The Armed Citizen since 2001, " News and Resources for The Armed Citizen since 2001, has been posted multiple times on these gun threads and I doubt you have EVER taken the time to look at any of the stories.

Here is just 1:

"Officials: Man interrupts store robbery, kills attacker"

"At that point, the veteran raised his gun and fired," Gilliland said.
Deputies said about 10 rounds were fired during the gunfight.
The suspected armed robber was struck by gunfire but managed to get into the car, an older model Toyota Corolla, where he died."

So, your wait is over.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:56 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so an intoxicated person, playing with a gun in a theater, shoots another patron. doesnt sound like a RESPONSIBLE gun owner to me.
Exactly.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:19 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Someone that carries a firearm while intoxicated is breaking the law, therefore he is not a "good guy" with a gun.

Old 01-27-2016, 12:44 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88

Most places don't have metal detectors, checkpoints, or security personnel to ensure that people don't bring guns in, and that's why "gun free zones" make no sense. The vast majority are enforced with nothing more than a paper sign on the door, and a reliance on the good graces of criminals to willfully abide by it.
Ya I guess you have a point... There is NO sense in them!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies