Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 07:37 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to just conquer Mexico, kill all the drug cartels, and then tax the Mexicans? The United States could use some more territory.
I've said this before because the government is so crooked that isn't it really our duty to occupy the place, root out the criminals and let the people choose to either become 3 or 4 states or elect their own Democratic Government while we leave our military in place for a few decades to make sure they don't go back to their criminal ways?

We do this on the other side of the globe but we allow what happens next door. Makes no sense.

I promise you all these illegals would go home on their own and there would be no need for a wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 07:38 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I've said this before because the government is so crooked that isn't it really our duty to occupy the place, root out the criminals and let the people choose to either become 3 or 4 states or elect their own Democratic Government while we leave our military in place for a few decades to make sure they don't go back to their criminal ways?

We do this on the other side of the globe but we allow what happens next door. Makes no sense.

I promise you all these illegals would go home on their own and there would be no need for a wall.
So we should declare war on Mexico? On what grounds?

Old 01-25-2016, 07:41 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
They have been invading this country for years. Every time a Mexican border agent enters the United States, they are initiating an act of war.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:43 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
They have been invading this country for years. Every time a Mexican border agent enters the United States, they are initiating an act of war.
intredasting

Old 01-25-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
For one thing, the Cartels and the Government are complicit in pushing drugs into this country that ruins millions of lives.

Liberals should be the absolute first people to demand an invasion of Mexico since it's the drugs that ruins more black lives than Whitey and his racism. It's not even close.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:46 AM

Let's face it, we could make Mexico a great place. The people there just can't do it.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:49 AM

211 posts, read 113,977 times
The cost to build and maintain the wall is a drop in the bucket compared to what illegal immigration costs this country.

I'm not sure why enforcing our borders is such a controversial issue.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:55 AM

59,057 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
To me, a 'wall' would not have to be a physical wall. That is especially true when you look at the topography of the area. Many miles of the border could probably be 'protected' by simply better surveillance and security measures. All you have to do is to take the Google 'Earth' flyover and look at the terrain.

If Trump at least makes the attempt to tighten border security, punishes businesses that use illegal immigrants and stems the tide of exported jobs and work; I would be happy. But we will have to wait and see how this all plays out.
"To me, a 'wall' would not have to be a physical wall."

Trump has stated that his "wall" will be a combinations of MANY things.

A physical wall where appropriate, and other things as you suggested.

And YES I am for it.

Congress passed a bill a long while back calling for the physical part to be built.

W. Bush started it and Obama has NOT finished it.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The initial and eventual time/ cost of eminent domain is not included in any projections.

Typically government makes an offer. The land owner sues for more. A judge determines outcome. This can take years to sort out.

And Mexico is going to pay for it???

Trump also wants to substantially increase the size of ICE - not a bad idea. Maybe it could be outsourced to a most favored company.

Illegals have a right to a trial and appeal. It would take decades to pursue in court, more courts, more judges and staffs and jails, hospitals, etc. Big government.

Trump has also promised to "replace Obamacare with something wonderful that will take care of everybody and the government will pay for it".

Who knows what it will cost to bomb the crap out of ISIS, whatever that means.

And lastly, there's those pesky 35% tariffs on imports which means countries that import from the US will impose a similar tariff on imports from the US.

Wake me up when Congress approves funding.
"Illegals have a right to a trial and appeal."

WRONG. Illegals have NO rights.

"Wake me up when Congress approves funding." Wrong, again.

take the money currently being used to support and mainten, (food stamps, health care schooling (etc.) them and you will have plenty to do the job.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
None of that is even necessary. All that needs to be done is punish employers for hiring illegal aliens. Every time a state tries to do that, it gets sued by our own government.
won't work.

When states have tried to do anything about the illegals the fed jumps in and says the states are NOT empowered to enforce fed law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies