Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would You Vote For Me If I Ran For President?
Yes 12 29.27%
No 29 70.73%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 04:35 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

No, because I have no clue who you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 05:25 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
On the whole federal lands back to states issue I believe will need to be resolved through referendums in those said states to let the people decide.

The Fed will be audited and believe me the whole government will become much more transparent as the American people have the right to know how and what their government is doing and where their money is going.

Education should definitely be left at the state and local level.

On the issue of the EPA I am vey much supportive of a clean environment though I also believe states should have much more of a say in their environment. The EPA also shouldn't be acting like Congress with it's implementation of laws on a frequent basis.

I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and would support passage of a bill permitting the open/conceal carrying of firearms on a nationwide basis and permit stores, restaurants, etc to ban the carrying of firearms if they wish to do so.

I do not support a gun registry. Though I do support more expansive background checks.

I don't know about privatization though the TSA needs a major overhaul.

Honestly I will have to educate myself on welfare policies more though like you am a big proponent of states rights for various issues.

Thank you for answering my questions. Are you currently involved in your County GOP? Have you thought about running for a state our county office, like City Counsel or County Counsel or State Rep? If you really want to get involved in politics, my advice to you would be to seek out your county GOP party and become a PCO (if your state has such a thing) and start meeting people and learning about the election process. That is the best place to get information and Candidate training and to get volunteers for your campaigns, etc. Good Luck!!

Old 01-27-2016, 05:34 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
If you were running against Hillary Clinton I would vote for you,... That said, I would also vote for Daffy Duck if he was running against Hillary Clinton.
So your a Trump supporter?

Old 01-27-2016, 05:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Mandatory sentencing, is against the 8th amendment.
One is presumed innocent, until due process proves them guilty.

You had my vote until then.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:28 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
I am currently not old enough to be the President of the United States though I must ask if I ran for President in the future would you consider voting for me?

Please ask me any question that comes to mind regarding my political positions, ideas and or anything that you would like to know.

Here are just some of my goals if I were President.

Goals

• Support the removal of marijuana from the Controlled Substance Act and create a legal framework of how states could regulate the recreational and medicinal sale of marijuana.

• End the War On Drugs and declare a War On Addiction.

• Support the construction of the Keystone Pipeline

• Make extensive cuts on foreign aid.

• Audit the IRS, Pentagon among other government agencies.

• Support a mandatory minimum ten year sentence for anyone who uses a firearm to commit a crime.

• Order the Attorney General to start prosecuting all criminals who use firearms.

• Send government representation to all law enforcement, public safety and military funerals in the United States.

• End automatic birthright citizenship.
What is your stance on foreign policy and do you differentiate foreign policy from military agendas?

Do you consider corporations abusing power to back laws an aspect of a free market/free society?

What is your stance on mass surveillance by government agencies like the NSA?

How will you address the enormous prison population and crime in general?

What is your stance on income inequality?

Let's start with those.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:26 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Quote:
Please play along as I have no real intention of becoming President.
But ANYBODY can grow up to be president, so why NOT you?

Give me my flying car and I'll vote for you!

Old 01-27-2016, 07:38 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Please ask me any question that comes to mind regarding my political positions, ideas and or anything that you would like to know.
What is the airspeed of an unladen swallow?

Old 01-27-2016, 08:41 PM

17,587 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
I am currently not old enough to be the President of the United States though I must ask if I ran for President in the future would you consider voting for me?

Here are just some of my goals if I were President.

Goals

• Support the removal of marijuana from the Controlled Substance Act and create a legal framework of how states could regulate the recreational and medicinal sale of marijuana.

• End the War On Drugs and declare a War On Addiction.

• Support the construction of the Keystone Pipeline

• Make extensive cuts on foreign aid.

• Audit the IRS, Pentagon among other government agencies.

• Support a mandatory minimum ten year sentence for anyone who uses a firearm to commit a crime.

• Order the Attorney General to start prosecuting all criminals who use firearms.

• Send government representation to all law enforcement, public safety and military funerals in the United States.

• End automatic birthright citizenship.
Keep adding to your goals. I could support you. Added benefit, you could set up the DC 4th of July show

Old 01-27-2016, 08:47 PM

599 posts, read 401,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mandatory sentencing, is against the 8th amendment.
One is presumed innocent, until due process proves them guilty.

You had my vote until then.
Well if you say mandatory sentencing is against the 8th Amendment then it wouldn't be legal so I couldn't do it.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:48 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,094,408 times
Even though I doubt you would succeed on any of those I would vote for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies