Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2016, 10:23 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If only Scalia was still on the courts!
Oh yeah, this is so headed for the Supreme Court.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:27 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
There are good shots and all that, but a 500 yard shot with a short barrel rifle and no scope?
I don't think anyone has so far accused them of being competent, much less intelligent, in committing their crimes. They have exactly as much military sense as you'd expect from people who claim ranks and backgrounds they never had.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 03-22-2016 at 11:53 AM..

Old 03-22-2016, 10:39 AM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Militia snipers? Are we getting Oregon and the sh*t fixing to hit the fan in Bundyville, confused in the conversation? Since they are going back and forth between the 2?

Look close... Do you see a scope in that rifle. Looks to me, through the crevasse, he could only get a bead on the line to the far right.

There are good shots and all that, but a 500 yard shot with a short barrel rifle and no scope?

That is not the high ground, anyway. That is way behind the line. We had the hill above their operation.

You were there?

Old 03-22-2016, 11:12 AM

37,200 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
This is my definition of brandishing a weapon, and since the guy is now in jail, apparently some judge agrees.

It makes no difference at all if it was the right kind sniper's rifle or not when it comes to the criminal charge.

According to you, you were at Bunkerville. If there's any evidence showing you did something similar, Bent, you will eventually be arrested. With so many possible offenders, this could take another year before they are all sorted out. If you are a suspect, they've already gotten all the posts you made here on this forum, and you got pretty loose with your speech a time or two in the past. Speech can be used as evidence of intent, even when you are free to say what you will.
That's why the FBI was in no hurry to take action at the Bird House. They had agents embedded who joined the Bundys at Bunkerville and have been taking names and collecting info ever since. I think it was The Oregonian that published a story a few days ago stating that everyone who was seen carrying a gun at the ranch will eventually be served a warrant. If you were there and you weren't BLM, FBI, or a cow, it would probably be a really good idea to go ahead and lawyer up.

Last edited by cuebald; 03-22-2016 at 11:34 AM..

Old 03-22-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
That's why the FBI was in no hurry to take action at the Bird House. They had agents embedded who joined the Bundys at Bunkerville and have been taking names and collecting info ever since. I think it was The Oregonian that published a story a few days ago stating that everyone who was seen carrying a gun at the ranch will eventually be served a warrant. If you were there and you weren't BLM, FBI, or a cow, it would probably be a really good idea to go ahead and lawyer up.
I never saw anything in a major news source indicating the FBI was embedded with the Bundy group nor have I seen that they were going to arrest anyone who was carrying a gun. That sounds like one of those right wing propaganda blogs.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:00 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I never saw anything in a major news source indicating the FBI was embedded with the Bundy group nor have I seen that they were going to arrest anyone who was carrying a gun. That sounds like one of those right wing propaganda blogs.
I don't think that one has to be a conspiracist or right-wing, the FBI having undercover agents or informants embedded with the Bundistas is a pretty sure bet no matter who is doing the betting.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:22 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Yup.
If the FBI had no one embedded in all the threepers who showed up at Bunkerville then, they do now, or they've gotten someone within them to be stooges. There are a bunch of different ways the FBI can turn people, and the threepers are full of folks who are old, broke, and dependent on the government but like to talk big on the internet and show up to be a part of the crowd.

The III% movement has already come to doubt several of the occupiers who became close to the Bundy family; some have been labeled as counter agents and infiltrators already. For the FBI, that's about as good as if they actually were, because suspicion always makes it all the easier to scoop up those who are willing to become infiltrators. Anonymity on the net counts for nothing when the HSA and FBI get serious about digging folks like these up, especially if they were nothing but hangarounds in the first place.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I don't think that one has to be a conspiracist or right-wing, the FBI having undercover agents or informants embedded with the Bundistas is a pretty sure bet no matter who is doing the betting.
I would expect that would require a rather large pay raise and an extended vacation to put up with that crew.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
You were there?
Read back through this thread. He said he was, early on.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
The FBI unexpectedly got an opportunity to cut the head of the snake off in Oregon. Do you think they are going to hesitate swinging the blade now?

Just as it was with the Communists in the 30's and the KKK in the 60's, the FBI won't get them all, but they will cripple the movements that spawned the Bundys and their supporters. Time means nothing to the FBI. In fact, the use it like any other tool at their disposal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies