Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2016, 06:12 PM

109 posts, read 68,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
He fantasized about going out in a blaze of glory. He got his wish. I'm fine with that.
Wrong. He believed that his cause was worthy of making the ultimate sacrifice. These guys were peaceful to.the end.The murderous Feds did what they do best, shoot first and ask questions later. The terrorists have a 3 word name that starts with F and ends in n.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:13 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,033,982 times
Here is the 31 page criminal complaint against them.

http://res.cloudinary.com/bdy4ger4/i...dy1_kkivkn.pdf

Last edited by JAMS14; 01-27-2016 at 06:26 PM..

Old 01-27-2016, 06:13 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,450,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The dirty deed backed by the force of rules or laws. The hiding place of the weak and fearful.
Everyone knows great revolutions start in visitors' center gift shops.

-- What was that about weak & fearful?

Old 01-27-2016, 06:17 PM

57,035 posts, read 26,001,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
You didn't read the "article" (which was a Facebook post. The "driver"- McConnel, was not in the same vehicle with Finicum - he was "2 football fields ahead of him" ... that's 200 yards. Finicum then attempted to evade the FED's and drove "a mile further" (according to McConnel). That's pretty good distance vision. Odd that McConnel was not listed among those arrested.

Compare that with the 18 year old girl (Victoria Sharp) in the back seat of Finicim's vehicle .... a very different story - also from OregonLive & the same link that Oscar gave us.

Sharp's account
Sharp also shared her story of what unfolded outside of Burns in a YouTube video.

The teenager had traveled to the refuge last week with her mother and six of her siblings to sing religious and patriotic songs. Sharp said she was in the other car -- separate from McConnell -- because she planned to sing at the community meeting in John Day late Tuesday afternoon.

Sharp said that Finicum was driving to the meeting and that Ryan Payne was in the passenger seat. She said she was sitting in the back seat between Ryan Bundy and Shawna Cox.

Sharp didn't immediately return a Facebook message seeking comment.

In a 12-minute audio-only video on YouTube, Sharp said that after they were stopped by police, Payne was trying to get her and Cox safely out of the car when police took their first shot.

"He put his hands out the window, he was trying to talk with them," said Sharp, who was raised in Kansas but lists on her Facebook page that she is currently living in Montana.

"Ryan (Payne) said, 'We have women in the car, let the women out," she said, "He stuck his head out and they shot at him... but they missed him."

Sharp said that they began to realize that the police "meant business" and that Finicum, who was driving, yelled that he was going to continue driving so that he could "talk to the sheriff."

"He drove and we all got down on the floorboards and they just started firing at us, shooting at us a bunch of times," she said, adding that Finicum reached the roadblock and his truck rammed into a snowbank.

With the car running, she said, Finicum "got out of the car and he had his hands in the air and he was like, 'Just shoot me then, just shoot me.'"

"And they did," she said. "They shot him dead."

Sharp said she thought she heard as many as 100 bullets fired and that those remaining in the car were getting "gassed." She said they were trying to find something white they could wave out the window.

Sharp said that while some in the car with her had their guns, she believed that none of the occupiers had attempted to use them. She said Ryan Bundy was hit by a bullet in the shoulder as they were ducking down in the car.

This will be just like Ruby Ridge ('92) - the Weaver Family & the Waco Siege in 1993. The FBI/ATF/DOJ will investigate themselves and issue a long, long report that is mostly redacted.

We will never really know what happened on that stretch of road.

Parts of that story just don't add up.

The FBI stopped both cars yet Finicum decided to drive a mile up the road with 5 people in the car in an attempt to evade the police. He has an 18 year old in the car and drives off the road past a checkpoint with FBI and state police, who in their right mind takes that type of action endangering not only yourself but the others in the car. So he drives into a snow bank and has a newly found concern for the women in the car, give me a break.

This is not Ruby Ridge, this is a total nut with a death wish.

When police pull you over with others in the car do you also try to outrun them?

Last edited by Goodnight; 01-27-2016 at 06:30 PM..

Old 01-27-2016, 06:20 PM

3,408 posts, read 4,449,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgardian View Post
Wrong. He believed that his cause was worthy of making the ultimate sacrifice. These guys were peaceful to.the end.The murderous Feds did what they do best, shoot first and ask questions later. The terrorists have a 3 word name that starts with F and ends in n.
I'm going to try to knock some sense into you because this might save your life or someone-else's; undertaking an armed occupation and issuing threats and demands is NOT peaceful behavior.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:23 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,898,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
What a moronic statement. Bundy et al are thieves, pure and simple. Federal land doesn't belong to them. I for one am VERY happy that our government holds land that it makes available for ALL people. As it is, the government leases millions of acres of grazing rights to ranchers at ridiculously cheap rates. But that's not enough for the likes of the Bundy's who think only THEY deserve to use federal land, for free! To make money for THEM!! They will fence it to keep you and I out and do anything with it to make a buck -- including selling it to foreigners. They only care about themselves. Maybe YOU want to see endless fences around what little free land we have left in this country, but I don't.

Bundy and his cronies can rot in jail for the rest of their lives as far as I'm concerned. Keep America free for ALL Americans, I say.
Robert "LaVoy" Finicum was 'sacrificed for a good purpose.'

Quote:
“Isn’t this a wonderful country we live in?" Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, father of Ammon and Ryan, said sarcastically when the Los Angeles Times informed him about the arrests and the death.

"We believe that those federal people shouldn’t even be there in that state, and be in that county and have anything to do with this issue. ... I have some sons and other people there trying to protect our rights and liberties and freedoms, and now we’ve got one killed, and all I can say is, he’s sacrificed for a good purpose,” Bundy said. Seven Oregon occupation leaders arrested; one dead and one injured - LA Times
Sacrificed for Cliven Bundy's God-given right to unlimited & free use of public resources to make a personal profit. (Isn’t this a wonderful country we live in?)

Sacrificed for Cliven Bundy's refusal to pay discounted grazing fees like thousands of other ranchers do.

Sacrificed for a pampered millionaire welfare rancher, Cliven Bundy.

Human sacrifice is barbaric. (Isn’t Cliven Bundy a wonderful person?)

Rest In Peace Mr. Finicum.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:27 PM

Wow, reading through the complaint, it's obvious that these morons provided nice, neatly packaged evidence for most of the charges through their constant live streaming and tweeting and postings on Facebook. Social media will do them in. These guys are going to prison for a long time. Morons.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:28 PM

46,879 posts, read 25,845,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
When "they" come for you and yours remember this.
I will keep that in mind next time I illegally occupy a federal building, pose with firearms, shoot my mouth off about how I intend to die fighting, leave te encampment while braodcasting to the world where I'm going and then then try to run not one, but two law enforcement roadblocks.

Oh wait - I won't. Because I am just not that much of a fool.

Quote:
Finicum's allotment, nearly 17,000 acres, was primarily administered by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. His 2014 grazing fee was $1,126...
This is the hill he chose to die on. And that is nothing but sad.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:33 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,070,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
What a moronic statement. Bundy et al are thieves, pure and simple. Federal land doesn't belong to them. Bundy never said the land belonged to him. I for one am VERY happy that our government holds land that it makes available for ALL people. Actually, the BLM can, and does restrict everyones access to the land, not just ranchers. As it is, the government leases millions of acres of grazing rights to ranchers at ridiculously cheap rates. Who are you to say what grazing rights should cost? Part of the reason that ranchers get the grazing rights is because they help maintain the land, and they make range improvements to the land. But that's not enough for the likes of the Bundy's who think only THEY deserve to use federal land, for free! Bundy doesn't think he should be able to use the land for free. He in fact paid grazing fees for many years, and only stopped when the BLM put excessive regulations in place that was putting ranchers out of business. Bundy also offered to pay grazing fees to the county, to resolve the dispute, but the BLM refused. To make money for THEM!! They will fence it to keep you and I out and do anything with it to make a buck -- including selling it to foreigners. Again, the ranchers don't think they should own the land, but they think they, and the public should have access to the land. They only care about themselves. Maybe YOU want to see endless fences around what little free land we have left in this country, but I don't.

Bundy and his cronies can rot in jail for the rest of their lives as far as I'm concerned. Keep America free for ALL Americans, I say.
My comment are in red.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:36 PM

Here's what their little operation has cost thus far:

LIVE TICKER: The ever-rising costs of the Bundy land seizure – Center for Western Priorities

I wonder if they'll be made to pay restitution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies