Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2016, 06:38 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
My comment are in red.
Since when are you Cliven Bundy's PR guy?

Old 01-27-2016, 06:40 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Since when are you Cliven Bundy's PR guy?
I'm not Mr. Bundy's PR guy. I just thought with all of the misinformation out there, I would pass on some of the facts to those that may be interested.

Heck, there are still many people that think the Hammonds were convicted because they set the fires to cover up poaching. Somebody has to put the truth out there, or people will remain clueless, and misinformed.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:45 PM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
My comment are in red.
When you respond inside the quotation marks your comments get lost when someone responds to your comments as indicated above.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I'm not Mr. Bundy's PR guy. I just thought with all of the misinformation out there, I would pass on some of the facts to those that may be interested.

Heck, there are still many people that think the Hammonds were convicted because they set the fires to cover up poaching. Somebody has to put the truth out there, or people will remain clueless, and misinformed.
& gosh darn it! there are some people that think Robert "LaVoy" Finicum was 'sacrificed for a good purpose.'*

* let's face it - there is ONE pampered welfare queen rancher who thinks so.**

** & his PR guy.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:48 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
This played out a lot like incidents with black males who have been shot by the police over the past year. People were breaking the law and disobeying the local authorities and government. Then things turned nasty and a cop shot someone.

Then many of the comments online would be along the along the lines of "if they weren't criminals, or if they weren't breaking the law" they would not have been shot. Because "I" go to wildlife refuges all the time with no problem, as "I" am not breaking the law.

So the fact is, these are not martyrs or any inherently better than the violent BLM protesters. Their cause is no more worthy. They are basically people committing federal criminal acts and probably civic criminal acts, as well.

The state and local officials, and the local population had been very patient, but were pressuring the FBI to take action, so they could go back to their normal lives.

If you are going to break the law, you should be prepared for the consequences. That man that was shot ignored the sheriff's instructions and became a threat to the lives of the cops. If this had been a group of black men who perpetrated this crime, I'm fairly certain there would be absolute no outrage towards the cops. It would all be directed at the lawbreakers.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:51 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
I'm going to try to knock some sense into you because this might save your life or someone-else's; undertaking an armed occupation and issuing threats and demands is NOT peaceful behavior.
And yet..no one from OWS or BLM is shot to death when they do so in crowded urban areas, with the effect of disrupting as many as possible. Old white guys in an old building in the middle of nowhere-yeah, got to clear them out and make an example of them.

Though I'll agree on one part-charge at the police, assault them or reach for a gun...expect to get ventilated. Not that much different than lil Mikey Brown or Tamir Rice.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:55 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
& gosh darn it! there are some people that think Robert "LaVoy" Finicum was 'sacrificed for a good purpose.'*

* let's face it - there is ONE pampered welfare queen rancher who thinks so.**

** & his PR guy.
I'm not sure what you are talking about here, but I don't think there is any good that has come for somone getting killed over this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This played out a lot like incidents with black males who have been shot by the police over the past year. People were breaking the law and disobeying the local authorities and government. Then things turned nasty and a cop shot someone.

Then many of the comments online would be along the along the lines of "if they weren't criminals, or if they weren't breaking the law" they would not have been shot. Because "I" go to wildlife refuges all the time with no problem, as "I" am not breaking the law.

So the fact is, these are not martyrs or any inherently better than the violent BLM protesters. Their cause is no more worthy. They are basically people committing federal criminal acts and probably civic criminal acts, as well.

The state and local officials, and the local population had been very patient, but were pressuring the FBI to take action, so they could go back to their normal lives.

If you are going to break the law, you should be prepared for the consequences. That man that was shot ignored the sheriff's instructions and became a threat to the lives of the cops. If this had been a group of black men who perpetrated this crime, I'm fairly certain there would be absolute no outrage towards the cops. It would all be directed at the lawbreakers.
There's outrage all the time over this stuff. I can't believe (well I can believe) that the same people that always cry foul at any police shooting that has a claim of people being unarmed, or hands up, are the ones now cheering the death of Robert "LaVoy" Finicum.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:08 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
Bundy raises the white flag.
Protest leader Ammon Bundy has asked, through his attorney, that the remaining occupiers at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon go home.

"To those remaining at the refuge, I love you. Let us take this fight from here. Please stand down. Go home and hug your families," Bundy said in a statement. "This fight is ours for now in the courts. Please go home."
Oregon standoff: Ammon Bundy asks colleagues to go home - CNN.com

Old 01-27-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure what you are talking about here, but I don't think there is any good that has come for somone getting killed over this.
When Clive Bundy says Robert "LaVoy" Finicum was 'sacrificed for a good purpose? I think he is saying that he was sacrificed for a good purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91
There's outrage all the time over this stuff. I can't believe (well I can believe) that the same people that always cry foul at any police shooting that has a claim of people being unarmed, or hands up, are the ones now cheering the death of Robert "LaVoy" Finicum.
The difference here is Cliven Bundy is not expressing outrage. He's cheering Mr. Finicum's sacrificial death. It's disgusting.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:10 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Here's what their little operation has cost thus far:

LIVE TICKER: The ever-rising costs of the Bundy land seizure – Center for Western Priorities

I wonder if they'll be made to pay restitution?
Good question. Did OWS ever pay restitution? BLM?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies