Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 06:01 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Heckuva job, lapdogs!

Media outlets are kinda sorta almost starting to catch on to the news that consumers across the country are receiving their health insurance policy cancellation notices:
Link: Hey, look! Media finally notice Americans are getting insurance cancellation notices! | Twitchy

The American media disgusts me. The Fifth Estate died in 2008 when it did everything in its power to elect Obama, and then doubled down in 2012. No group of people is more responsible for the decline in America than the mainstream media. Today's journalists are corrupt to the core and are actively cheerleading for one side. They should be unbiased journalists who hold both sides' feet to the fire with real investigative work and objective news stories. They are not and haven't been for some time now.

Thank God for Fox News, talk radio and the internet. Without them, we would have a totally uninformed and clueless electorate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 06:05 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,208 times
I'd argue it's the idiots listening to right wing blogs written from someone's mother's basement is a much bigger issue. As is, course, congressional districts that lead to 10% approval rating with a 90% incumbency rate.

Faux News is an insult to read conservatives who are actually intelligent, know what they're talking about and want objective information. The damn CINOS on here are annoying.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:06 PM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
I'd argue it's the idiots listening to right wing blogs written from someone's mother's basement is a much bigger issue. As is, course, congressional districts that lead to 10% approval rating with a 90% incumbency rate.
Wow that was a quick deflection. What does that have to do with cancellation letters.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Wow that was a quick deflection. What does that have to do with cancellation letters.
There are very few liberals that actually address things substantively here on C-D. She isn't one of them.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:09 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Other than the title and a brief quote, the OP has nothing to do with cancellation letters. It's just an attack against mainstream media. Don't get me wrong, I don't like mainstream media either, and I agree with most of what the OP says, but calling someone out for deflection on a thread that is already deflected in the first post is kind of silly.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Other than the title and a brief quote, the OP has nothing to do with cancellation letters. It's just an attack against mainstream media. Don't get me wrong, I don't like mainstream media either, and I agree with most of what the OP says, but calling someone out for deflection on a thread that is already deflected in the first post is kind of silly.
The OP has everything to do with cancellation letters and the failure of the media to promptly report on the fact that they have been going out.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:11 PM

415 posts, read 764,372 times
Ya Fox is the Snizzill, lol there a breath of fresh air, Lmao....

Old 10-21-2013, 06:13 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,832,854 times
Lightbulb *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230
The American media disgusts me.
Try not to be mad at them.... THEY ARE SIMPLY PUPPETS ON A STRING BEING COMMANDED!!

Old 10-21-2013, 06:15 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,228 times
Hey Look! Media Finally Notices Americans Are Receiving Insurance Cancellation Notices!

Wow. It's only been going on for a year, and the mainstream media ALREADY picked it up? I'm impressed.

At this rate, they'll be telling us any day now, that Candidate Obama sat in the church of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright for twenty-plus years, and that Rev. Wright's sermons were often racist and anti-white.

"Freedom of the press is a flaming sword. Use it justly, hold it high, guard it well." (snicker)

Old 10-21-2013, 06:18 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The OP has everything to do with cancellation letters and the failure of the media to promptly report on the fact that they have been going out.
You posted a link, a quote from that link, and the following paragraphs:
Quote:
The American media disgusts me. The Fifth Estate died in 2008 when it did everything in its power to elect Obama, and then doubled down in 2012. No group of people is more responsible for the decline in America than the mainstream media. Today's journalists are corrupt to the core and are actively cheerleading for one side. They should be unbiased journalists who hold both sides' feet to the fire with real investigative work and objective news stories. They are not and haven't been for some time now.

Thank God for Fox News, talk radio and the internet. Without them, we would have a totally uninformed and clueless electorate.
None of that paragraph has anything to do with cancellation laters, but has a lot to do with deriding the mainstream media. Again, it's justifiable derision, but the majority of your OP is a rant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies