Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 08:47 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,759,228 times

Advertisements

He had well paid prop men working on his image. I read that he didn't write the best seller 'Profiles in Courage' it was Sorenson that wrote it and old Joe bought up enough copies to make it a best seller. That's just one thing. Another thing JFK was a darling of the media because he was a liberal so they always showed him in a good light. His speeches were nonsense to a great degree. Terms thought up that sounded good like "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Sounded good but it was just plain bs because there was nothing really behind it as far as Kennedy was concerned. He had a winning smile and good looks and I have to admit that he wasn't stupid. I heard he did some cheating at Harvard to get through but I don't know if that was just rumor or whatever. He wasn't a man for the job I know that. He wasn't a commander in chief of any kind. the military didn't particularly like him and after the Vietnam fiasco they probably hated him. He liked drugs I know that since his sidekick doctor would administer shots of something that would bring him up. He won't rate very high in the history of U.S. presidents I know that.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:13 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,403,463 times
Old "news" about Profiles of Courage.
Profiles_in_Courage#Authorship_controversy | Wikipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
Terms thought up that sounded good like "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Sounded good but it was just plain bs because there was nothing really behind it as far as Kennedy was concerned.
Peace Corps.

Quote:
He wasn't a commander in chief of any kind.
Cuban Missile Crises.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:16 PM

109 posts, read 67,948 times
All presidents have been phonies since 1933. The last good president was Calvin Coolidge.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:24 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,813,796 times
Too bad he wasn't able to kill the CIA before it killed him.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:33 PM

30,567 posts, read 21,736,528 times
He kicked us off into space and inspired many. He was also a creep and had many young women he preyed upon.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:40 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,403,463 times
Kennedy did more in 2 years than many do in 4 or 8.
But that was 50 years ago. How about a thread on Wilson or Coolidge?

Old 01-27-2016, 09:54 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,229,707 times
JFK was overrated. The media built an image that wasn't the real JFK.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:42 PM

32,898 posts, read 12,184,527 times
Quote:
He had well paid prop men working on his image. I read that he didn't write the best seller 'Profiles in Courage' it was Sorenson that wrote it and old Joe bought up enough copies to make it a best seller. That's just one thing. Another thing JFK was a darling of the media because he was a liberal so they always showed him in a good light. His speeches were nonsense to a great degree. Terms thought up that sounded good like "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Sounded good but it was just plain bs because there was nothing really behind it as far as Kennedy was concerned. He had a winning smile and good looks and I have to admit that he wasn't stupid. I heard he did some cheating at Harvard to get through but I don't know if that was just rumor or whatever. He wasn't a man for the job I know that. He wasn't a commander in chief of any kind. the military didn't particularly like him and after the Vietnam fiasco they probably hated him. He liked drugs I know that since his sidekick doctor would administer shots of something that would bring him up. He won't rate very high in the history of U.S. presidents I know that.
He saw that establishing the right of city employees to bargain collectively helped NYC mayor Robert F. Wagner Jr. get re-elected, so he initiated an Executive Order with similar intent re federal workers. IMO, given the famous 'Ask not' quote you refer to above, that made him a hypocrite.

My grandfather, my great uncle, JFK, and one other man went on two vacations together. This was after PT-109, but before JFK ran for Congress. When I was a kid, I asked my grandfather what event in his life had scared him the most. In a non combat situation (no enemy confrontation (unlike PT-109 in WW II), no heroics), the torpedo boat my grandfather was assigned to after his commission sank during World War I. I thought my grandfather was going to tell me that boat sinking was his scariest experience. Instead, he said it was (happened multiple times during those two vacations) riding in the back seat of a rental with my great uncle, the fourth man in the front passenger seat, with a drunk JFK driving .

Old 01-27-2016, 10:56 PM

16,237 posts, read 5,830,128 times
JFK was a perv no doubt about it. He did lead us into space. He also led us into Vietnam needlessly.
Cuban missile crisis? Many say he knew the missiles weren't able to be launched.
Not a great President, but not bad either.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:16 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,813,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
He kicked us off into space and inspired many. He was also a creep and had many young women he preyed upon.
When are they going to come forward?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies