Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 06:45 AM

21,050 posts, read 19,537,471 times

Advertisements

Educate yourselves: The Quran's Verse of Violence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 08:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,127,242 times
Islam is a peaceful religion

For most Muslims i'm sure this is true however there are certain elements within it who feel the need to perpetrate extreme violence just like in the Christian faith the tenet of thou shalt not kill is taken more as a suggestion rather than a law of life to abide by.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:40 AM

25,792 posts, read 16,434,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There's no such thing as a peaceful religion. All of them are inherently violent.
Christianity is based on peace and love your neighbor ect. They've been pushed to violence by humanity more than a few times but the message remains clear. The Pope preaches peace and tolerance the day after the Paris attacks. Says to not paint all Muslims with the same brush. The Pope consistently teaches us to be better human beings. I wish I could be better, but I have to live in the real world. I worry about the future for my grandchildren.

Islam on the other hand is based on convert your neighbor or murder them. Kill every jew and infidel you meet.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:07 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,080,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
all those instances were the past, Islam has the ball, the blood is on there hands now.

and yes 1990 is the past, as of right now Islam takes the lead by a long shot..
The 90s was not in the past. In terms of the scale of what we're talking about, it literally just happened. And since I consider telling gay children to live on the streets so they won't commit suicide in the house, I do not believe that Christianity is currently in a state of zero guilt. And that does happen; quite a lot more than we like to think. And that's a problem we can fix at home. But yes, let's continue to focus on what's happening in the Middle East, while simultaneously ignoring the increasingly more obvious that our involvement in the Middle East has really only intensified the problem.

But that's how religious fundamentalism is. Ignoring reality to fit a clearly incorrect narrative. And yes, I'm calling you a religious fundamentalist. By excusing the hideous and inhumane acts of fundamentalist Christians that are currently happening, you are just as much responsible.

And no, Muslims do not take the lead. Christians whipped out two continents worth of American culture to make room for European culture. The Muslims are getting violent and Christians are fleeing. The two do not compare in terms of scale. Not even a little close. And I do not consider whipping out hundreds of indigenous cultures in the name of a myth to be irrelevant just because it happened in the past. What happened to the native Americans makes the holocaust look tame. The fact that so many will just dismiss it because it happened in the past (not that long though; it can be considered to have still been happening in the 20th century), ignoring the horrendous treatment of human beings in the name of a hippie demigod who preached love and acceptance.

And yes. Because I have to say it, I do not like Islam. I do not like how it treats women or gay people or just people in general. I do not mind the moderate Muslims and I respect the culture in the areas where it isn't inhumane, but I'm still critical becasue it teaches something as fact while having no evidence (in the face of evidence that is contrary to it) as being absolute fact. But that does not mean I will consider Islam worse that comparable religions. Only one religion on Earth is even a contender for religion of peace, and that's Buddhism. Yet, even they have radicals slaughtering religious minorities Myanmar. Judaism is alright as well since they have the intellectual capacity to separate their religious lives with their civil lives, something that many Muslims and Christians seem to think is disgusting, but as I said, its' an issue of intellect.

Islam and Christianity have the same problem. They want to spread. That's frankly a pretty exceptional thing for religions to want. Other religions will welcome you if you chose to join, but if you don't want to, they do not give a ****. Islam and Christianity will try and get you to join. You can say that Islam is worse because it uses the threat of violence, which is valid to an extent, but it's not as though Christianity hasn't done that. Remember that two continent genocide? And even so, I do not consider playing on the insecurities of young people to be moral in any way. It's manipulation. And yet, that's exactly what religious organizations on college campuses do. Do you think manipulating students who are in a constant state of stress due to the intensity and insanity of how colleges work? I hope not.

Islam is in dire need of a reform, but honestly, so is Christianity. They should both go the path of modern Judaism. Secularize. It's the only way they'd survive. Hell, I'd go to church if I didn't have to sit through a sermon about how God is perfect and just and has a plan and you are **** without him. I like the sermon on the mount. I do not like being told that humans are evil 100% unless they worship Jesus where that 100% can be brought down to maybe an 80%. If it were more secular, I'd be a Christian, and I cannot image I'm alone in this. According to a recent study, basically the entire population of Icelandic millennials and younger are in the same boat as I'm in.

Point being, do not tell me that the horrors of Christianity is in the past. Psychological torture is still torture.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:14 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,080,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Christianity is based on peace and love your neighbor ect. They've been pushed to violence by humanity more than a few times but the message remains clear. The Pope preaches peace and tolerance the day after the Paris attacks. Says to not paint all Muslims with the same brush. The Pope consistently teaches us to be better human beings. I wish I could be better, but I have to live in the real world. I worry about the future for my grandchildren.

Islam on the other hand is based on convert your neighbor or murder them. Kill every jew and infidel you meet.
It doesn't matter what the magic book says. If Christians do not represent the ideals of peace and love and acceptance, to which many do not, than Christianity is not a religion of peace, love, or acceptance.

The fact that many Christians consider me beneath them because I do not believe in God is a testament to that.

Christianity and Islam are not peaceful religions. Both advocate evangelism. Both speak ill of non-believers (yes, burning eternally... as an act of love apparently... for non-belief, is an idea of pure evil and zero humanity; it's the worse thing in the Bible as far as I'm concerned and it's the the hippie dippie New Testament). Both expect complete submission to it's ideologies.

Yes, the Pope is kind. That doesn't mean Catholics are all kind. Yes, there are kind Christians. That does not mean Christians are kind.

I do make my judgement of people based on the individual. If someone is a Christian and is a good person, I will not hold their ideology, which I find ridiculous, against them. I know that's how you feel about Christians. I get the impression that this is not how you feel about Muslims. I treat good people with respect, regardless of their ideology. According to you, that's what Christianity is about. How is it that I, a godless heathen destined to burn in hell for eternity, am more Christ like that many Christians?

The answer is becasue I don't buy into dogma and have resolved to make my own choices.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:24 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,444,617 times
Peaceful religion = oxymoron

Old 01-30-2016, 09:27 AM

13,282 posts, read 7,833,009 times
Without religion, how would people know how to behave?

Old 01-30-2016, 09:39 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,054,380 times
Britain First denounced by every Christian organization in the UK

Representatives of 14 churches and Christian groups have variously described the political party as "extremist", "self-serving" and "blasphemous" and condemned its actions as "hi-jacking the name of Jesus Christ to justify hatred and spread fear".

Old 01-30-2016, 09:47 AM

33,507 posts, read 18,059,857 times
They don't sound very religious with their mouth . They sound like thugs.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:49 AM

30,018 posts, read 18,869,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
I know, right? Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go pick up the bible and read about how great genocide and slavery are.

Picking the best religion is like being the skinniest kid at fat camp. They're all a bloody mess.
I know right? Now you'll excuse me to show examples today for Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists, Agnostics that are blowing themselves up and killing thousands in the name of their beliefs today...oh that's right there aren't any....just Muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies